Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Was looking at some Wikipedia notes for Rush Hour and it says Martin Lawrence was originally considered for Chris Tucker's role?!? Movie would have been much different and I'm not sure it has nearly as much success. I know Martin was huge at the time

Just watched this after having it in my queue for over a year. Couldn’t explain the plot if I tried
1723177775100.jpeg

calibeebee calibeebee As I watch Emmett Brown demonstrate his latest creation at the Twin Pines Mall, I know exactly where we would go, should the flux capacitor ever come to fruition…

June 19, 1992
Timothy Walter Burton’s Cinematic gem
In the theater

Cop some McDonald’s after, of course, not leaving without purchasing an obligatory souvenir cup first

1723143561118.jpeg

I would be there opening night for sure. You know me too well.

IMG_4931.gif

Saw the original cantonese cut of Police Story 3: Supercop for the first time. I remember seeing the americanized version (Dubbed only as: Supercop) for years on cable which was surprisingly enjoyable, but the original cut is superior.

It’s essentially Jackie Chan’s MI: Fallout meets Licence to Kill. A bit more darker than the previous two but don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing. This is one of the few movies I can remember that has Jackie actually killing dudes lmao

PS3 trades PS1’s exhilarating, adrenaline-fueled, and interpersonal Mall Fight for a big budget, stress-inducing spectacle that probably influenced Cruise to climb the Burj Khalifa and chase Helicopters in his 40’s-50’s. It’s actually jaw-dropping how many stunts they fill in those last 20 minutes. It is a must watch.

I prefer the rawness and excitement of Police Story 1 but as an adult revisiting 3, it was more than worthy as a sequel. Easily better than 2.

Yeoh and Cheung are the hottest people on earth. Michelle Yeoh’s outfit during the drug deal was next-level heat. She does a bike stunt at the end that is still just mind-numbingly badass.

Cant wait to revisit this again.

Final note: Highly recommend the 88 Films 4K physical release, really good looking transfer.

IMG_1445.png

IMG_1444.gif

IMG_1442.png

Last edited:
Was looking at some Wikipedia notes for Rush Hour and it says Martin Lawrence was originally considered for Chris Tucker's role?!? Movie would have been much different and I'm not sure it has nearly as much success. I know Martin was huge at the time

Doesn't do nearly as well. Tucker was perfect in those movies. Martin isn't self-aware like Tucker is.

Back
Top Bottom