Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It's a follow up to the directors last movie but no working title yet :lol:, still pretty trash dropping out of a commitment 5 days before shooting starts after all the crew have already flown out to begin...

They can't recast him either in that amount of time so everybody's simply gonna lose that job and the losses are gonna hit 7 figures :sick:

It's a follow up to the directors last movie but no working title yet :lol:, still pretty trash dropping out of a commitment 5 days before shooting starts after all the crew have already flown out to begin...

They can't recast him either in that amount of time so everybody's simply gonna lose that job and the losses are gonna hit 7 figures :sick:
They can recast but they probably want an actor on a similar level.

Watched Knox Goes Away (on Max) last night and came away presently surprised. It's an action/dramatic/thriller with Michael Keaton in the titular role, he also directed it. While the setup to the twist was a bit unbelievable I still enjoyed the lead up and also good performances by James Marsden and Al Pacino. If you like crime thriller's it would be right up your alley. The tie in to neurology/dimentia was also an interesting wrinkle. Film can be a slow burn during parts. I'd give it a 6/8.

Didn't know this existed. Found it on Prime. Kinda depressing but damn Garfield cooked.

boy_a_336895426_large.jpg
I said I was in.
Screenshot_20240809_212224_JustWatch.jpg

Ok so going in, I truly try hard to begin movies with no expectations, or at least temper my expectations and enjoy the art.
But right off the bat, I already feel like this is going to bump one of my top 5 (Room, Antwone Fisher, Good Will Hunting, Silver Linings Playbook, Precious).
Reading the description, this is going to hit close to home for me.
I need these movies; need. This is therapy for me.
Starting now...

From an acting standpoint, I can accept that. From a beautiful woman standpoint, she's primo stuff.
Doesn't do nearly as well. Tucker was perfect in those movies. Martin isn't self-aware like Tucker is.

1. Blake Lively is a terrible actor and there are a lot of hot women.

2. Chris Tucker was meant for Rush Hour, if you really think about what he does in those, Martin Lawrence doesn’t cut it.

3. I might finally see a Broadway play

Movie script idea about Alaskan Iditarod with 3 options.

Option A: normal romantic comedy with theatrical release. Charismatic rough & tough male lead. Donald glover, mcconehey, Powell, Rudd, McClarnon. Intelligent female lead with comedic timing and can also pull off vulnerability. Mcadams, blunt, plaza, palmer.

very successful Hollywood veterinarian loses everything in divorce and is forced to live with parents in Alaskan sled dogging country. Very very small town. Only job prospects are doing what she knows best: working with dogs.

Male lead is sled dog prodigy who plays by his own rules and is struggling to win the Iditarod and such and such stubborn tough guy problems. Their paths cross and their personalities clash. But sparks eventually ffly and they teach each other the true meaning of love, through the Alaskan lifestyle and the dogs and other cliche rom com stuffs. Focus is on love and happiness. A title like Mushing Hearts or something.

Option B: drama. Elba. Worthington. Jon snow. Casey Afflek. Fassbender. Possible Female leads Liz Olsen, Emma stone, viola, amber midthunder. Same general plot, but divorce is more focused on. Or the brutal reality of the dog sledding industry. How tough the human spirit is. The heartbreak of getting so close to winning it all, only to fall short or lose a loved one along the way. Title like Pure Tundra or Cold Spirit or some ****.

Option C: raunchy R rated comedy. No details on this one other than a title like Love on All Fours or something. Snowballs of Fury.

So Deadpool and Wolverine, round 2 today. Holds up. Probably better than D2 in terms of rewatchability. Fun ride, the cameos are still great, and Jackman looks like he's not mad at the idea of being Wolverine until he's 90. The whole thing leaves me wondering the future of Deadpool in the MCU, but my friends and my wife and I came to a conclusion he'll be his normal self with enough censorship and just enough 4th-wall-breaking to keep the personality.

If I hadn't watched Loki, hadnt seen Logan, or hadn't seen DP2 then I don't think the impact moments would mean as much. But they worked well from my seat.

The action was good, the jokes were packed in (maybe a few too many but i guess the point of DP is he doesn't ever stop), and the story was fine for pulling some important pieces into the MCU.

All in all, 5.5/8. RIP Johnny.

Movie script idea about Alaskan Iditarod with 3 options.

Option A: normal romantic comedy with theatrical release. Charismatic rough & tough male lead. Donald glover, mcconehey, Powell, Rudd, McClarnon. Intelligent female lead with comedic timing and can also pull off vulnerability. Mcadams, blunt, plaza, palmer.

very successful Hollywood veterinarian loses everything in divorce and is forced to live with parents in Alaskan sled dogging country. Very very small town. Only job prospects are doing what she knows best: working with dogs.

Male lead is sled dog prodigy who plays by his own rules and is struggling to win the Iditarod and such and such stubborn tough guy problems. Their paths cross and their personalities clash. But sparks eventually ffly and they teach each other the true meaning of love, through the Alaskan lifestyle and the dogs and other cliche rom com stuffs. Focus is on love and happiness. A title like Mushing Hearts or something.

Option B: drama. Elba. Worthington. Jon snow. Casey Afflek. Fassbender. Possible Female leads Liz Olsen, Emma stone, viola, amber midthunder. Same general plot, but divorce is more focused on. Or the brutal reality of the dog sledding industry. How tough the human spirit is. The heartbreak of getting so close to winning it all, only to fall short or lose a loved one along the way. Title like Pure Tundra or Cold Spirit or some ****.

Option C: raunchy R rated comedy. No details on this one other than a title like Love on All Fours or something. Snowballs of Fury.
Turn A into a super high budget Hallmark Christmas type movie and I'm in. I love those damn movies.

Back
Top Bottom