Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So ultimately ended up being the Academy's fault the entire time that these apocalypses were happening. The Marigold that was introduced when they were both that gave them powers basically created an infinite number of timelines with it being an unnatural substance/element that was introduced to the universe. So only way for them to stop the apocalypses was for all of them to die and it to be wiped from existence. Very lazy in my opinion and basically made the show useless.

Also Five and Diego's wife ended up getting lost in time trying to fix stuff before that happened and ended up falling in love and Ben merged with this other chick that basically was the cause of why he died in the first place as some giant goo-squid monster. It ends basically with the Ben monster absorbing the rest of the fam to rid everyone from existence to have one pure timeline, but also somehow their kids and stuff survived even though they technically never existed. It was a cluster.
Thanks

Saved me from catching up and finishing the series.

I bailed back when the Alt timeline Umbrella Academy was introduced

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
Currently in IMAX

First:

IMG_5219.jpeg

They just showed a trailer for Alien: Romulus

Before Alien: Romulus :stoneface:

The whole crowd erupted in boos
There are certain movies where I would be fine with this happening (dare I say, enjoy it)

No sense in me naming said movies. Y’all already know what they are

Just started my rewatch of Entourage and on Ep4 now. So many mid 00s music gems in the first few eps. They play a version of Beware of the Boys with Twista that must be a Mashup. Also so funny seeing all the flip phones and one ep they even had a waterproof Nextel phone in the pool.

Also like how they just drop you into their Hollywood world and you find out small details as the season progresses.

Just got out!

Story and ending was familiar, in a sense only, you’ll know what I mean when you see it. The ending then twists that statement and advances the lore.

Step aside for Cailee Spaeny, she’s 5⭐️s and is going to be one of the biggest stars for females in the VERY, incredibly near future.

Special effects were spectacular. The ship, asteroid fields, colony/location where the story first begins, can’t get much better than that, big budget went to effects.

You have to see it in IMAX
You should watch the first Alien before.

The AI in this one is on par with Fassbender’s David, the most likable as far. And there’s multiple non-intertwining AI twist as well.

And some girl in front of me was wearing over-ear headphones the entire movie, is there something with AMC now where you can connect to bluetooth? Other likely possibilities are of course she could have some sort of disability, or her husband dragged her to the theater and she was just starting down at her phone all movie listening to a podcast. :lol:

Alien: Romulus: 7.5/8

Romulus was disappointing to me.

It’s good, it’s fun.

But it contributes nothing new to the franchise and really only exists to service some fans and sell some tickets.

Thematically, it’s very small.

Bunch of pretty, mediocre actors and fairly mediocre dialogue.

Basically your typical modern studio horror movie.

Here I am scrolling YouTube and a “commercial break hits”, this is what played….it started at the 55second mark. I thought this was like a Wgovy Prescription commercial at first, then o thought it was like an adoption commercial, the further along it goes I’m like “man wtf kind of commercial is this”….
It’s a damned Telvision show 😂
I was like damn, YouTube will demonetize folk for saying murder but they letting these kind of commercials fly.

Wife and I started watching the Alien franchise in chronological order (according to that graphic that’s been circulating). We’ve only seen Alien so tonight we watched the first AvP.
1723779427586.jpeg

It was dumb

I also knocked this out afterwards and I enjoyed it a great deal more
1723779405833.jpeg

Had a great time with Romulus! Feel like this series needed to go back to the basics for awhile now.

The dude that played Andy killed it and Cailee is a clear cut future star.

First two obviously better but this was never gonna match that as those are genre-defining classics. This was a big budget gritty exploitation flick with a sci-fi horror veneer. Absolute fun!

Must see in IMAX.

4012.jpg

Last edited:
Just started my rewatch of Entourage and on Ep4 now. So many mid 00s music gems in the first few eps. They play a version of Beware of the Boys with Twista that must be a Mashup. Also so funny seeing all the flip phones and one ep they even had a waterproof Nextel phone in the pool.

Also like how they just drop you into their Hollywood world and you find out small details as the season progresses.

Entourage was so self-aware and very "inside Hollywood". They were calling out Harvey Weinstein before anyone as well. The soundtrack was legit as hell, too.

Back
Top Bottom