Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Was X-Men Apocalypse any good? Don't remember any reviews of it in there when it came out. But its on DirecTV PPV now and I'm thinking about watching it this weekend. So, if any of you saw it and have an opinion, feel free to share. Thanks.
That it didn't get pages of discussion (positively or negatively) let's you know how mediocre NT felt it was.

Last edited:
I'm still mad I paid money to see that. Then the next day, I found it on the internet :smh:

Definitely not worth money.

I gave all those tv shows based off established movies just a one ep chance. They all were pretty bad to me.

I was wondering why The Exorcist show got put on Fridays though :lol: You gotta earn being a cult hit that survives and thrives on Fridays. Can't just start there.

Age of apocalypse was somehow worse than the DC crap..

But sadly people just dont even care anymore.. my childhood weeps :smh:

And i didnt even watch gods of Egypt and i knew sucicde squad ripped it off just based on seeing the trailer

Dc just needs to follow the animated movies and they would be golden

New Poster from NYCC. Trailer debuts today.

I'm really not sure what to think of this new Power Rangers movie.....Breakfast Club?

Keeping an open mind though. It doesn't look terrible, but I'm not expecting to be blown away either.

So, The Girl on the Train. 6.7 currently on IMDB and I'll have to agree with that.

You can just fell that it's book-adapted the way detail for detail was presented. I saw parallels to Gone Girl and that's what wouldn't let me say it was any better than a 7. Emily Blunt killed it tho.

Last edited:
Maybe i'll read the book first, need to read some reviews. I told myself i'd try the movie first since the book is always better anyway.

Wick got a new dog.

Last edited:
I still dont know how this is possible.

DoFP was piece art.

Only saw it once and remember finding it convoluted and hard to follow. But admittedly I wasn't in the best state to play close attention. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

That said, from what I recall, I'm not alone one here in thinking it was just ok.

I still dont know how this is possible.

DoFP was piece art.

Only saw it once and remember finding it convoluted and hard to follow. But admittedly I wasn't in the best state to play close attention. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

That said, from what I recall, I'm not alone one here in thinking it was just ok.
I thought DoFP was really good up until the Paris treaty scene. It was a mess after that point.

OMG... My son wanted to watch x-men apocalypse on vod tonight... If I ever see bryan singer in person, I will punch him in the face... What an utter POS...

He really deserves a Full Metal Jacket style beat down...

Last edited:
OMG... My son wanted to watch x-men apocalypse on vod tonight... If I ever see bryan singer in person, I will punch him in the face... What an utter POS...

He really deserves a Full Metal Jacket style beat down...

Welp. I was pretty decided about not bothering with this movie before. PSK's post clears up any doubt.

I mean singer not only didn't follow X-Men canon, he didn't even follow the movie X-Men canon... It was a convoluted mess of comic book movie... These studios are really killing the genre with so many poorly constructed comic movies...

It's maybe worth catching on cable if you like comic movies but if you like good movies, you will feel like you got cheated out of your time. I'm a little bummed some of these actors like Fassnbender & Oscar Isaac took the money to do this flick...

singer (doesn't deserve caps), really shouldn't be allowed to touch film again, not even commercials... I'd only let him do maybe radio ads for am stations...

Last edited:
Singer has 1 good movie as far as i am concerned.. i have no clue why fox was so desperate to bring him back after the movies he had just done before returning

Last edited:
I mean singer not only didn't follow X-Men canon, he didn't even follow the movie X-Men canon... It was a convoluted mess of comic book movie... These studios are really killing the genre with so many poorly constructed comic movies...

It's maybe worth catching on cable if you like comic movies but if you like good movies, you will feel like you got cheated out of your time. I'm a little bummed some of these actors like Fassnbender & Oscar Isaac took the money to do this flick...

singer (doesn't deserve caps), really shouldn't be allowed to touch film again, not even commercials... I'd only let him do maybe radio ads for am stations...
I think I'm starting to get it.

There's a disconnect between comic book fans and casual movie goers.

I never read the comic books and barely watched many of the cartoons besides TMNT and Batman.

I don't know much about XMen other then the movies and a few cartoons.

I thpught BvS was trash.

These last 3 Xmen >>>>> The OG Spiderman you comic fans seem to love so much.

Back
Top Bottom