Open relationships, have you been in one? thoughts...

If so, to what extent? 
Meaning... you have a girl or man and you're allowed to hook up with other people? 

If not, how do you feel about your girl hooking up with another girl (1. if you're there & 2. if you're not there).. do you consider it cheating? 

opinions? 

If so, to what extent? 
Meaning... you have a girl or man and you're allowed to hook up with other people? 

If not, how do you feel about your girl hooking up with another girl (1. if you're there & 2. if you're not there).. do you consider it cheating? 

opinions? 

I was once in a relationship where we were on a "break" but in a relationship. (I assume that's what an open relationship is) I lost complete interest for the girl during this. I played the field and ended up sexing one of her friends. After this event we finished for good she became quite the %#+!$.

I don't think they work, my opinion.

I'm interested in hearing what NT has to say.

I was once in a relationship where we were on a "break" but in a relationship. (I assume that's what an open relationship is) I lost complete interest for the girl during this. I played the field and ended up sexing one of her friends. After this event we finished for good she became quite the %#+!$.

I don't think they work, my opinion.

I'm interested in hearing what NT has to say.

I've never been in one, but my best friend is currently in one, and has been in this open relationship for about 2 years. They are allowed to hook up with other people, but only he has taken advantage of it. He's only hooked up with a few chicks since they've been in this type of relationship, and each time he's been totally honest to his girl. He says that she's never hooked up with anyone else and she gets upset when he does.

To make things even more interesting, they even live together. I don't know how he does it, or why, but open relationships seem like the type of deals where one person is cool with it, while the other isn't. But he/she does it because some type of relationship is better than none at all I guess.

I've never been in one, but my best friend is currently in one, and has been in this open relationship for about 2 years. They are allowed to hook up with other people, but only he has taken advantage of it. He's only hooked up with a few chicks since they've been in this type of relationship, and each time he's been totally honest to his girl. He says that she's never hooked up with anyone else and she gets upset when he does.

To make things even more interesting, they even live together. I don't know how he does it, or why, but open relationships seem like the type of deals where one person is cool with it, while the other isn't. But he/she does it because some type of relationship is better than none at all I guess.

Everyone has been in an open relationship. Whether or not they knew about it
smile.gif

never open like- ohh so how was your date last night..good d i hope, great, now is it safe for me to smash?

i mean i been with girls for a while and just straight up never asked or had her ask about me.

Originally Posted by champg23

if she gets upset, then its not an open relationship.
im talking about a mutual agreement... where either the bf or gf are present, or they know its going on before it goes on. 

imo, if both are into it.. then it could work out.

never open like- ohh so how was your date last night..good d i hope, great, now is it safe for me to smash?

i mean i been with girls for a while and just straight up never asked or had her ask about me.

Originally Posted by champg23

if she gets upset, then its not an open relationship.
im talking about a mutual agreement... where either the bf or gf are present, or they know its going on before it goes on. 

imo, if both are into it.. then it could work out.

Yeah, it didnt work out. I wanted to get serious, she didnt. Had a three some with her and her girl, broke up 2 weeks later, though.

Yeah, it didnt work out. I wanted to get serious, she didnt. Had a three some with her and her girl, broke up 2 weeks later, though.

just seems like if you guys are in an open relationship, maybe you don't need to be in a relationship at all.

or at least don't call it something other than being promiscuous just because you don't like that word.

I dunno, the idea of the open relatinoship just seems to me like there's something else going on that neither want to really talk about. Like either the chick isn't sexually sastified by her dude or vice versa. Or one or both of them are not monogamous people, which is cool. At some point, though, people pair up and get territorial, and that is generally accepted as the start of the ACTUAL relationship.

people can date forever, have sex all the time and have deep conversations afterward and between, make a connection and everything, but that doesn't mean they're REALLY together like that. It just means they like hangin out with eachother and having sex and whatnot. But if they're tryna shape the dynamic of the entire relationship over the ability to have sex with other people, then to me that just says that they're not really down for the other person, and sooner or later someone's not gonna be there to hold the other person down.

Me, personally, I would never be able to do an open relationship. I'm a monogamous dude, and if my girl is tryna tell me she loves me but just wants to get piped down by some other dude tonight, I'd feel like there's NO point in the relationship because she's not REALLY down for me. She just likes hangin out and having sex and might see a future.

just seems like if you guys are in an open relationship, maybe you don't need to be in a relationship at all.

or at least don't call it something other than being promiscuous just because you don't like that word.

I dunno, the idea of the open relatinoship just seems to me like there's something else going on that neither want to really talk about. Like either the chick isn't sexually sastified by her dude or vice versa. Or one or both of them are not monogamous people, which is cool. At some point, though, people pair up and get territorial, and that is generally accepted as the start of the ACTUAL relationship.

people can date forever, have sex all the time and have deep conversations afterward and between, make a connection and everything, but that doesn't mean they're REALLY together like that. It just means they like hangin out with eachother and having sex and whatnot. But if they're tryna shape the dynamic of the entire relationship over the ability to have sex with other people, then to me that just says that they're not really down for the other person, and sooner or later someone's not gonna be there to hold the other person down.

Me, personally, I would never be able to do an open relationship. I'm a monogamous dude, and if my girl is tryna tell me she loves me but just wants to get piped down by some other dude tonight, I'd feel like there's NO point in the relationship because she's not REALLY down for me. She just likes hangin out and having sex and might see a future.

What the hell is the point of an open relationship? Problems will arise eventually when feeling become stronger, so why not just stay single and avoid all that? If you can't be fully committed and exclusive with one person it's pointless to be in a relationship. 

Back
Top Bottom