P90X Discussion

so today was day 6 kenpo. i was able to do about 95% of the workout, not including the "breaks" that they take on this dvd. to me this was theeasiest one so far. i'm going to not take a day off tomorrow though. i'll just do the x stretch dvd. i really want to have great flexibility and beable to do all those crazy yoga poses. btw i would have written this earlier but i had to run to catch star trek. go watch it. you wont be disappointed. keepup the work.

Anybody NOT getting results? I feel like im going all out with the workouts but im not seeing anything. i'm on week 3 already, i think i may be undereating, could this be a big factor? anybody else not happy with their results? btw, im trying to lose weight, not bulk up

Originally Posted by dolonikesn

Anybody NOT getting results? I feel like im going all out with the workouts but im not seeing anything. i'm on week 3 already, i think i may be under eating, could this be a big factor? anybody else not happy with their results?

are you following the nutrition plan? i know thats a big help. i started eating right about 3 weeks before i started this and that helped me lose some of theweight. i dropped from 160 to 152 when i weighed myself on wednesday, but that was only my fourth day of p90x so i didn't lose 8 pounds just from p90x. butsince i started i can see a little difference.

based on my weight, i fall into level 2 of the meal plan, but since im a little overweight, i figured i would lower my calories and i've been followinglevel 1, is that a mistake?

Originally Posted by dolonikesn

based on my weight, i fall into level 2 of the meal plan, but since im a little overweight, i figured i would lower my calories and i've been following level 1, is that a mistake?

me personally, i would have stayed at the level that i fell under. also i've been better at spreading my meals and snacks throughout the day and havingsnacks at the right times between those. i'll give you an example that has helped me. this is a work day 9:00AM wake up/eat breakfast 11:30AM eat lunch12:00PM start work 2:00PM break/snack 4:00PM early dinner 7:00PM break snack 9:00PM off work 10:00PM fruit/p90x/recovery drink off day 8:00AM wake up 9:00AMeat 11:00AM snack 1:00PM lunch 3:00PM fruit/p90x/recovery drink 6/7:00PM dinner 9:00PM snack hope this is a little help. don't get down. just tweak it asyou see fit and keep working it out. results will come.

Damn, good shot on those workout files. That is all I needed.

You might want to edit though, NT doesn't like promoting file sharing etc.

So instead of beachbody's recovery formula, just buy some creatine or a varitation of it? I'm just looking for an alternative to putting water in mymuscles. Assuming that myth about creatine was even true.

Waiting for my power bands to arrive. Need to get some protein and I'll be set. Can't wait to do this program. The wife is laughing at me. Says shewill do it if she sees me stick with it.

Downloading it for free right now...going to start on monday..

Cant wait for the summer
wink.gif

Quick, whats a good/SAFE codec to download so I can watch these videos on the computer? It's in AVI and windows media player doesnt support that. Well,atleast mine doesnt.

Just buy it. I bought it for $50 from craigslist, but if I knew ahead of time that I was going to see these results, I would've been more than willing topay the full $100 for a new one. Best recent investment I've made.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Just buy it. I bought it for $50 from craigslist, but if I knew ahead of time that I was going to see these results, I would've been more than willing to pay the full $100 for a new one. Best recent investment I've made.
i agree..dont get it "free" online

BUY IT..if you actually spend that much $$ your going to actually DO the program and not put it to the aside, you dont want that $$ to go to waste..

so i didn't get to do stretch x yesterday. my friend came in from phoenix so i just took the day off. today i started my 2nd week. today was easier thanthe first time. i knew how to pace myself and when to push myself when i needed to. ab ripper x was great again tonight. if you don't pay attention to theclock the time flies by fast. also i was able to get a couple of my coworkers onto p90x. one started three days ago, but is taking a day off in between. theother started today and he loved it. we'll see how he feels tomorrow. best of training.

Finished the 1st week and things are going well so far. To be honest, the hardest part is sticking to the diet. Saturday there was a party and Sunday there wasa beach BBQ where I would usually murder the grill.

On Saturday I ran a 5k (finished in 50-something place) and just skipped out on the Kenpo-X. Sunday I did the X-Stretch and also ran on the beach.

This week I am planning to run 5k every other day, or maybe every day, depends how I am feeling.

I had been doing p90x on an off for like 6 weeks. Today I started forreal, day 1. Let's get it!!! Start checking daily folks. Let's hold each otheraccountable.

I did it, and the results were exactly whay I was looking for. Since then I have stopped working out, and put some weight back on. But as soon as I can get thetime and motivation to start it back up, I will. The workouts are intense, but just pace yourself for the first week or two.

If you over evert yourself, you will be more likely to quit.

Too many people skip the yoga and stretch days. They are very important. Your ability to perform the workouts with more range of motion, flexibility andstability will improve your results.

I would definately suggest it to anyone. Try to get a burned copy from a friend. It saved me a lot of money. Or go half with a roomate and make them youtrworkout partner.

The diet it pretty intense too. I used it as a framework for my eating. Did not follow it strictly. Tried to eat less fats and foods with added sugars. Drank alot less beer (almost none). And if I did drink I drank straight alcohol, no soda.

The pics prove my words. Let me know... If you want I will post.

Yea man let's see the pics. Can you guys suggest a whey of some sort? Something to make the post-workout shakes or whatever. Also, would you guys recommendEC stacks or a hydroxycut alternative, lipo 6. I'm 6' 250pounds. Just trying to really get my metabolism fired up.

Hydroxycut messes with your liver. I would not suggest it. Maybe Acai berry, or some other type of antioxidant would be a better idea to get your metabolismgoing. Its also important to eat small meals/snacks every 3.5 hours instead of 3 large meals per day. When you dont eat every 3.5 hours, your body turns intostarvation mode, and metabolizes your food slower to account for the lack of food coming in. No offense, but at your height/weight, whey would not be a goodchoice. It is basically a weight gainer. If you make sure you eat the correct amount of protein daily, you wil be fine.

Post workout I would usually make some type of shake in the blender that consisted of ice, various fruits (esp. berries) maybe lo fat yogurt, skim milk. Justexperiment, you will get it right after a few. It also depends when you work out. If you work out in the morning, it is not a bad idea to have a normalbreakfast post workout. Muscle repair takes place as soon as you finish working out for about an hour. If you work out late at night, don't eat a big mealwhen you are done. When your body is at rest (sleeping), it does not process food and calories as fast as while you are awake. So late night workouts are bestfollowed by a protein bar or some type of fruit shake that is easier for the body to process. Stay away from putting fruit juices in it, they have addedsugars.

I will post some before and after pics tonight after work.

And I like the idea of holding eachother accountable. Lately I have not been able to find the motivation due to my crazy work schedule. But I need to get backon my p90-X grind bad! I gained almost 30 lbs back since last july when I finished it.

Tuesday. Plyo day. Done. Check-in....holla. Oh and I appreciate the tips man, ill stay away from the whey and just keep working hard.

Back
Top Bottom