P90X Discussion

Im glad you enjoy it. Its relaxing, I just have limited time, and it takes a lot of practice to get that stuff right.

Day 3 -- Done! I forgot how hard ab ripper was.

I just bought it off amazon. Me and my GF have been thinking about picking it up for awhile now. I'm not in horrible shape to begin with, but I could usethe workouts. I'm looking forward to the yoga sessions the most. As good as shape I'm in right now, I'm not very flexible. I plan on starting it upas soon as I get it in the mail. I already have a pull up bar and I just ordered some resistance bands. Do I need any DBs? I have a old set of 15lb DBs lyingaround. Will I have to buy more or will bands work well w/the workouts?

I dunno how well bands will work. So far in my workouts, I've used as low as 5lb dumbells and as high as 65lb dumbells, and literally every increment inbetween.

Yo, I didn't check-in yesterday but Shoulders and Arms got done, I promise. I worked out with my boy, and that makes a big difference. Yoga today, I'ma bit intimitaded by it but "be about it, or be without it" ill be checking-in later. Let's get it. Day 4. Holla.

Yoga X has to be the most frustrating workout of the bunch. Hopefully after a couple weeks I can be more flexible so I'm not falling all over the place.Like I said before, the diet is the hardest part of the program. The hour plus workouts aren't a picnic, but having to control your urges for 12+ hours isan exercise in will power.

By the way, for the people that procured P90X the "alternative" way, is anyone else using the Excel spreadsheet? Since I use my laptop for theexercises, it becomes such a convenient tool (instead of having to write everything down).

Also, I'm thinking about looking into the bands. The chin-up bar is just inconvenient to use.

^ illmatic .. what up? we gonna have summit for transformers?
laugh.gif

anyways.. ab ripper is getting a lot easier now ( its still hard ) but im able to get through without breaks now

Day 4 done. Yoga X is the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life buuuttttt......I finished the whole 1hour and 32mins. BE ABOUT IT, or BE WITHOUTIT. Holla.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Day 4 done. Yoga X is the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life buuuttttt......I finished the whole 1hour and 32mins. BE ABOUT IT, or BE WITHOUT IT. Holla.
LOL. I agree. This has been a rough week. But i feel like If i did yoga im good.

Day 4 YogaX --Done!

Originally Posted by Dr FONClBrICS

Does anybody have a good grocery list for Phase I that would fit into the means of a poor college student?

We might have different tastes but I usually buy Oatmeal, Oroheat Bread, Oranges, Boneless chicken, Peanut butter, Bananas, and Protein supplements offVitaminshoppe.com

Originally Posted by HardWork919

Can somebody PM me a link where I can get it online? Appreciate it ahead of time...

Same request, but cheapest one. Also where best pull up bar for the money?

You can usually find a cheap pull up bar at a TJ Maxx or Marshalls.

Its Friday Day 5. Legs and back I believe. It gonna be tough for some people to work out, b/c they want to go out at night. Get to the workout ASAP. Eat beforeyou go out to avoid drunk munchies. Dont drink too much beer, if any.

Good luck

just got it today. now i just need a pull up bar!!!

now there are 12 workouts, do i just do those one by one or what? when do i take days off and what not.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

now there are 12 workouts, do i just do those one by one or what? when do i take days off and what not.
read the manual

pullup bars you can find at any sport store

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by youngmoney

read the manual

pullup bars you can find at any sport store

thats the thing. haha. i bought it for 35 bucks so it just came with the dvds and no manual. any help would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: nevermind, got it online

they got 5lbs of All they Whey protein at nutraplanet.com for 23$ plus there's a free shipping code. It's the highest, or usually second highest ratedprotein in taste. I got the Cinnamon Bun and even straight with just water, it's not bad. They have an unflavored too

I love all the support I'm seeing in this thread I'm out of town and I'm gonna miss out on Legs and back today. I did ab ripper x tho. Ima probablydo legs and back tomorrow and kenpo on sunday. Or vice versa. But yall stay with it yall. Holla.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

they got 5lbs of All they Whey protein at nutraplanet.com for 23$ plus there's a free shipping code. It's the highest, or usually second highest rated protein in taste. I got the Cinnamon Bun and even straight with just water, it's not bad. They have an unflavored too
link?

Yesterday was my first time doing Kenpo and it was pretty good on the cardio. I sweated a good deal. I have to make up my Legs and Back day today, which mighthurt me since chest and back is tomorrow. C'est la vie.

Day 1 yesterday and wow that was difficult, so many pullups. it probably didnt help that i was hungover and im probably not going to do it today for the samereasons. SMH at me

Monday im going all out

Back
Top Bottom