P90X Discussion

Looks like ill have to get on that plyo when I get home. I missed yesterday. But dont want to start the whole process on a Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Yea man let's see the pics. Can you guys suggest a whey of some sort? Something to make the post-workout shakes or whatever. Also, would you guys recommend EC stacks or a hydroxycut alternative, lipo 6. I'm 6' 250pounds. Just trying to really get my metabolism fired up.

For protein I use Syntha-6 for my morning shake and 100% Whey for post work out (with a banana, milk, and crushed oatmeal it comes to around 55g of protein) Iwas 6'0 154lbs and now i'm 6'0 202lbs

Ok on to the pics...

Day 1 = 5'9'' 209 (March 08)

Day 90 = 5'9'' 181 (July 08)

Now = 218
embarassed.gif
Today is the day to get back on it. These pics areinspiration

Day 1 Beg of wk 2
Beg of wk 3 Beg of wk 5 (4got wk 4)
Im guessin this is wk 6 or 7 forgot to make note
The rest are wk 12 when we were on vaca in Mexico. Perfect timing

And Killa

If ur just looking to tone down, you dont really need a protein shake. But something like a muscle milk post workout a couple times a week wouldnt hurt.

Damn nice you must've had body fat 10-11% for those abs. I'm wondering how can one gain over 30lbs when they looked so damn well?

quick question. i started to get sick yesterday and decided to do plyo anyways. the first 35 minutes were fine, but after that i started to dog it. i finishedit but i was not "bringing it" at the end. should i just rest and wait to workout till i feel better or should i just sweat out the sickness and suckit up? any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would just sweat it out. Maybe not dog it, but its good to keep that immune system going. Just drink extra extra water and get like 9-10hours of sleep ifpossible. Back in the day we would just throw on sweats and a hoody and hoop and it cleared that cold right out.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Damn nice you must've had body fat 10-11% for those abs.

If I were to guess, closer to 14-16% judging by the pictures.

really? I didn't think you could have visible abs around 15%

I've been going on and off P90x for awhile, but don't stick to it...My excuse is work (blah blah), but I'm back on schedule now with everything soI'll throw my name in the mix in this post. Week 1 Day 3 tomorrow.

Damn nice you must've had body fat 10-11% for those abs. I'm wondering how can one gain over 30lbs when they looked so damn well?
Thanks
Honestly IDK what my body fat % was. But my Abs werent really THAT cut. For some reason they look good in a few pics. Those must have been good days. Butwhat happened was I did not follow any type of workout plan after july, and pretty much went back to my old eating habits. Then school came in september, andI would eat takeout a lot instead of getting healthy stuff from the dining hall. That paired with no workout plan got me back up to this weight. Also, it wasthe best shape I was ever in, and I think I just got too satisfied with my results and figured I could slack a little bit. I obviously slacked too much.

As far as my eating during the p-90x, I did not follow the plan strictly. I used it as a reference. I know a good amount about diet and nutrtion, so when Ihave a plan to eat right I can do it correctly.

Day 2 Plyo....Done! i feel good.

i'm really interested in this p90x ordeal...quick question though

going through a couple pages, i notice a lot of yall are doing it to get lean/cut.
So my question would be...would p90 be as effect if i were to bulk up from it?

thanks in advance

^You could use it for that also, you just have to make sure when you lift weights that you use higher weights that only allow you to do 6-8 reps as opposed to10-14. Also you would have to increase your calorie intake. Eat more protein than normal. You burn a lot of calories during these workouts, so your calorieintake would be important.

Maxi320 thanx for the pics man. Damn good inspiration. Day 3 today. Not doing my workout till about 5pm pacific. I will be checking in when I'm done. Kuterout.

are the workouts around an hour long each? i did the first p90 and im thinking bout doin this one

EDIT: just bought it, lets go boys. im starting rite when i get it

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Damn nice you must've had body fat 10-11% for those abs.

If I were to guess, closer to 14-16% judging by the pictures.

really? I didn't think you could have visible abs around 15%

Nah, he's right. That does look like roughly 14-16.

Yeah, All workouts are around an hour or more which includes stretch and cool down. Yoga is 1.5 hrs. And I hate it, but its important. Good luck to everyonewho is starting. Keep checkin in and stay motivated.

Youngmoney

You can use youtube for now until you get the real thing, so you dont fall too far behind.

Originally Posted by maxi320

Yeah, All workouts are around an hour or more which includes stretch and cool down. Yoga is 1.5 hrs. And I hate it, but its important. Good luck to everyone who is starting. Keep checkin in and stay motivated.

Youngmoney

You can use youtube for now until you get the real thing, so you dont fall too far behind.
haha yea yoga sucks but i actually want to increase my flexibility. what dumbellsdo you mostly use? like 30lbs if ur already kinda fit

Figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm usually around 14-15% BF. Got up to 17% from not eating right lately. Long-term goal is to get down to 11-12%, we'll see what happens.

Got the program. Getting the rest of the equipment together and planning on starting Monday.

Good Luck DLo

YM

I usually keep a set of 12's, 17.5's and 30's around. Its all I have. Some exercises you have to use lower weigts for. So if you already have the30's, Id suggest maye getting some 15's, or even a resistance band. These can be used for most of the exercises.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by maxi320

Yeah, All workouts are around an hour or more which includes stretch and cool down. Yoga is 1.5 hrs. And I hate it, but its important. Good luck to everyone who is starting. Keep checkin in and stay motivated.

Youngmoney

haha yea yoga sucks but i actually want to increase my flexibility. what dumbellsdo you mostly use? like 30lbs if ur already kinda fit

Word. It's always the yoga that trips up my week and makes me crap out on the rest of the week. I can do the first three days no problem, but on yoga dayI'm like..."uh...I really don't feel like doing yoga today, I'll just do it tomorrow instead." A week later I'm starting all overagain because I stopped with day 3. Done that about 3 times now.
smh.gif

Man, I must be the only guy here doing it that loves the yoga. It's my favourite workout of the week. There are some days where I've done it twice inone day.

Back
Top Bottom