P90X Discussion

I can say I've seen really good results from the program...I'm on phase 2 week 3, and been trying to follow the diet as well as I can...alot more tonedand less fat. I'm not a fitness-head so it was definitely helpful to me to have this personal trainer type effect.

tarted tonight. day 1 of week 1 (phase 1) complete. Man i watched some of the dvds and was like i can do this and that. Man i got my butt kicked but i stuckwith it. Summer is here and im trying to go shirtless by my b-day in aug. day 2 tomorrow. i will check in. Stay motivated people.

im planning to start this after i adjust my body a little...ive been doing nothing but eating fastfood and chill with my lady...going to jog and do somepullups before i start this...dont wanna be too wacked out after the first session hahahahah

I got a question about the diet, how much do the carbohydrates tie into the success of the program?
I ask because Im already on a pretty strict diet that is similar to the P90x diet, but I very little to no carbohydrates and no red meat.

Gmills, Your diet would probably be fine. But carbs do give you energy, and this workout requires a lot of energy to be done correctly. So maybe you shouldconsider adding some healthy carbs into your diet.

I already lost 3 pounds and i've only been doing this for a week. Mind you ..I started with the regular P90. (not P90X) As soon as Im done with this imgetting the P90x..

But yea.... the diet is the hardest part for me.
laugh.gif
Im 6'0- 6'1 207 pounds now... Im just trying to lose my gut and get toned/abs. Ill post up mybefore/after pictures when I get to day 30 or 60.

Keep it up everyone!

Originally Posted by Gmills23

I got a question about the diet, how much do the carbohydrates tie into the success of the program?
I ask because Im already on a pretty strict diet that is similar to the P90x diet, but I very little to no carbohydrates and no red meat.

You definitely need carbs once you get to phase 2 and 3, especially if you do the doubles. I tried to stay low carb during doubles phase 2 and 3, andthere's no way you'll be able to sustain enough energy without a good amount of carbs.

I'm in my final recovery week. The end is near.

Finished with Cardio-X today, going to do Biceps/Back later this afternoon. I also just noticed I went from a 34 to a 32 jean size. I'm losing weight, buthopefully I can gain some bulk in these last two phases..

started two day's ago and im still sore. Plyometrics is a kick in the butt, Shoulders and Arms done

The other day I was thinking about how I wanted the arm routines (bicep, forearms) to be more intense. Well, as the saying goes, be careful for what you wishfor, because the Biceps and Back routine were killer. Yoga-X again tomorrow, hopefully I can continue improving..

If you're already on a low carb/high protein diet you should be fine...b/c in phase 1 you're only allowed like 1 serving of carbs a day, then you up itfor phase 2 & 3 to like 3 servings
I think the diet is probably 1 of the most important parts of the program

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Has anyone seen real results from this yet?

Some dude in here went to Mexico after 12 weeks of this and his results were great. Somewhere in the 1st 10 pages I forgot scroll fast and just look for pics.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Has anyone seen real results from this yet?

Some dude in here went to Mexico after 12 weeks of this and his results were great. Somewhere in the 1st 10 pages I forgot scroll fast and just look for pics.
eek.gif

Thats crazy. Good lookin out.

Bout to start this next week.

This looks good and seen some crazy results on youtube.

I guess you have to really cut down on partying and a strict diet.

Just started doing this on Mon. It's about as good as you can ask for from a home workout with essentially no equipment needed. The ab workout is anightmare.

The chest/back workout wasn't too too bad, the plyo workout was basically agility ladder stuff which I usually do but not for an hour so that was a bit ofa challenge. Did shoulders/bi today and was pretty spent. The yoga should be rough tomorrow, my 6'8 frame is about as inflexible as humanly possible. I've done some yoga in the past but I can only manage some basic stretches.

Overall it should be fun to do for 90 days.

Im starting this on sunday. I have all my meals planned out and im ready to go. Im up to the challenge.

Did the yoga workout for the first time today and loved it. I couldn't do many of the stretches the final 20 minute but the first hour and ten minutes wasgreat. I'm definitely going to do that workout three times a week minimum.

Phase 1: Week1/Day4 - Yoga - Done. Finished that up yesterday....Be back at it tonight with legs I believe.

Back
Top Bottom