P90X Discussion

I recently purchased P90 but couldn't start it when I wanted...about a week or two ago. Instead, I finally have some breaks at work which will allow me tohave more of a consistent schedule.

Day 1 -
I ate relatively well, and actually plan to follow the food program P90 that accompanied the DVD set. I don't have too much time, so if I have an outlineto follow it helps then I can change it up as I need to.
-Breakfast: bowl of cheerios and non-fat milk, banana, coffee (black), and water.
-Snack - the suggested string cheese
-Lunch - PB and J since that was the most healthiest viable option I had
-Snack - Oatmeal

Work out came after work when I got home. Chest/back + Ab Ripper. I haven't lifted in quite some time, though I run and play basketball and I wasimpressed. Got a decent sweat going and could certainly see how this will have difficulty. I have some weights around the apt so that will help change up thevariety. I made it through all the workouts, though some of my reps were low, but I went to failure.

Ab-ripper...$+%#+, man, thank god we do that 3x a week cuz they don't play. Made it through that one, minus looking ******ed during the bicycle kicks andtrying to have my brain figure out how to do it in reverse.

After the workout:
-Protein shake - ON is a good choice for those looking for whey...it doesn't taste like !+% which is all I can ask for.
-Dinner - we had to kind of make it up as we went since the shrimp stir fry we were going to have wasn't going to work cuz the shrimp weren't goodany longer...so we had a turkey mix
-Turkey, ground, very lean, 2 slices of turkey baccon diced up, asparagus, onion, and mushrooms and a little bit of Mrs. Dash. Then we had a saladwith a light vinigrette dressing.

Overall, I'll continue to do this...I dropped my gym pass for various reasons, and if I can do this at home, I'll stick with it throughout theduration.

And I'm working out with my fiance...and I must say, gotta dig the Bomber pushups.....I stopped doing mine and just looked at her
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif

Phase 1: Week 2/Day 1 - Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X - Done.

Got over a hump today so to speak because I was doing phase 1/week 1 on and off for the past 2.5 months. Finally on week 2 and don't plan on giving upanytime soon. I'll report back tomorrow.

Another note, I was able to better just about all of my week one #'s for reps, and can feel a good amount of improvement from the first week. I'mexcited to see where this takes me.

WOW didnt know this many nters did it....i will be keeping up with this thread. Started 30 days ago...never felt better in my life.
here are b4 and after pics from just 30 days

^ Good work bro. You can definitely see the difference. You must be jacked to push this to 90 days to see the improvements then.

Gonna start this soon...

went through some pages in here but didnt see much about why type of diet i should be on.

Quick stats:

Height: 6'0
Weight: 195

Goal weight: 175-180

Also, my girl wants to get in better shape too... is this something shell be able to handle or should i not bother getting her into it because its too hard?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ Good work bro. You can definitely see the difference. You must be jacked to push this to 90 days to see the improvements then.

thanks. ill be posting more pics at 60 and 90 days, ab ripper x kicks my %!% man...but I'm 6'10'' and 203 lbs, I'm on protein and a lowcarb low fat diet. Havent touched soda, fast food, had enough sweets to count on one finger, and work out in my garage so i sweat like a beast. this program istough so if you're interested just make sure you can dedicate at least an hour a day to this. I also made sure this was the only thing I'm doing thissummer, cleared my schedule specifically for this. If i do end up going on vacation I'm bringing it with me. It's a lot better than going to the gymIMO because you have someone pushing you to do the workouts.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Gonna start this soon...

went through some pages in here but didnt see much about why type of diet i should be on.

Quick stats:

Height: 6'0
Weight: 195

Goal weight: 175-180

Also, my girl wants to get in better shape too... is this something shell be able to handle or should i not bother getting her into it because its too hard?
laugh.gif

To be honest, she'll probably have an easier go at it than you.
laugh.gif
I'm serious too.

Dont tell me that
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I hope its something we can do together cause that will definitely help... ive never been able to workout by myself, thiis way we can get on each others caseif one of us is slacking, she been looking for something to stick to as well.

So im really in for it huh?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bns1201
Good Job Man, the change is noticeable, congrats..

im always tempted on P90x, but that takes madd dedication, my hat goes off to the people that do it...

im more of a gym guy, because if i work out at home id get sidetracked. and since im at the gym my body knows what im there for,and cant get sidetracked

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Dont tell me that
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I hope its something we can do together cause that will definitely help... ive never been able to workout by myself, thiis way we can get on each others case if one of us is slacking, she been looking for something to stick to as well.

So im really in for it huh?
smh.gif

laugh.gif
Well, there is no weight lifting type advantages in this one...Sure you'll be able to do more pushups and pullups but that's not the hard part.It's being flexible for the yoga man. And ab ripper X, I swear it's only hard because you have to keep your legs up so damn long and it takes a lot offlexibility and stamina with that for you to last.
laugh.gif
It'll be interesting...Let us know how it goes.

Phase 1 Day 2 PLYOMETRICS: COMPLETE. It was HELLLLLLL considering I have shin splints from bball! I wanted to scream cuz of all the hopping on my ankles. Man INEVER sweat that much. Not even during football practice. It disgusted me seeing myself in the mirror though as I did the exercises. So sad.
frown.gif
Man P90MOTHER!%%$ X!!

I slept 2 HOURS LAST NIGHT. I REPEAT 2. 6 am to 8 am I could not sleep maybe because first day working out, black powder, peanut butter before bed dunno.

Honey Bunches of Oats, Banana
!2 Strawberries
Chewy Bar
DINNER Arabic (basically chicken and beef 1 scoop of rice) Strawberries, carrot
Peanut butter sandwich at night
That was a bad selection of foods today huh?
I'll be back tomorrow!

Finished working out after I got home from work.

I've done plyometrics before for basketball and let me say, man I worked up a sweat. The plyometrics workout is a lot more intense than I had figured it tobe. I know I'm only two days in, but they certainly know how to make you work.

I sweated more during this workout than I have on some of my recent runs.

Furthermore my meal plan went:
-Breakfast: Protein Shake and water
-At work: Coffee and Banana
-Snack: string cheese
-Lunch: the Chef salad
-Snack: handful of almonds
-Snack before workout: power bar
-throughout the day, plenty of water and then late after noon some brewed green tea.

Got home and immediately did the workout.

Dinner - Grilled chicken, 3 pieces, rather small...not sure weight, with some Mrs. Dash, steamed broccoli, and wild rice.

Tomorrow's workout should be interesting as I'm pretty damn sore...all over.

To the guy whose asking if his girl can do it, it depends what shape she's in, but she can/should give it a shot. It's fun to workout together for manyreasons.

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Phase 1 Day 2 PLYOMETRICS: COMPLETE. It was HELLLLLLL considering I have shin splints from bball! I wanted to scream cuz of all the hopping on my ankles. Man I NEVER sweat that much. Not even during football practice. It disgusted me seeing myself in the mirror though as I did the exercises. So sad.
frown.gif
Man P90MOTHER !%%$ X!!

I slept 2 HOURS LAST NIGHT. I REPEAT 2. 6 am to 8 am I could not sleep maybe because first day working out, black powder, peanut butter before bed dunno.

!2 Strawberries
Chewy Bar
I'll be back tomorrow!

I was wondering what happened with you. Yeah man, get some sleep tonight..You're probably already out. Two hours is wild.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Phase 1 Day 2 PLYOMETRICS: COMPLETE. It was HELLLLLLL considering I have shin splints from bball! I wanted to scream cuz of all the hopping on my ankles. Man I NEVER sweat that much. Not even during football practice. It disgusted me seeing myself in the mirror though as I did the exercises. So sad.
frown.gif
Man P90MOTHER !%%$ X!!

!2 Strawberries
Chewy Bar
I'll be back tomorrow!

I was wondering what happened with you. Yeah man, get some sleep tonight..You're probably already out. Two hours is wild.

I know man. Check my General post I was at it from 4 to like 6. =/ And now I am siking myself out like I am SCARED to try to sleep because of it happeningagain. I'ma shower eat my pb sandwich and hit the sheets. How do you think my foods for today were?

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

im always tempted on P90x, but that takes madd dedication, my hat goes off to the people that do it...

im more of a gym guy, because if i work out at home id get sidetracked. and since im at the gym my body knows what im there for,and cant get sidetracked
Print out the worksheets and just bring it to the gym.

I did the polymetrics today in my garage too, it gets hot.

^ It could've been worse, but I have days like that every now and again. Just make sure the majority of the days in the week are filled with completehealth foods such as oatmeal, chicken, veggies, tuna, fruit, whole wheat bread. That type stuff.

What I usually do is go really strick about 5 days out of the week and I have one day where I eat "semi" healthy type foods. By that I mean prettymuch stuff you had. Granola bars, yummy type cereal
laugh.gif
but essentially the foods that claim to be very healthy for you but in all actuality they are a fewsteps away from being that....Then another day I usually just splurge. It's worked for me in the past and it's working for me now...Just gotta bepatient. I'm not one to eat like a health nut 7 days a week like that...I need my joy foods to keep me sane.

goddamn i tried the chest/back workout today i could barely do 5 pullups how the hell do people do like 12 sets of pullups like this?

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Print out the worksheets and just bring it to the gym.

I did the polymetrics today in my garage too, it gets hot.

Where can you get the worksheets?

HEY GUYS. So I had a lot of time today and made a youtube channel AND website feel free to check it out

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheP90Xperiment

Website: http://web.me.com/youseferakat/Site/P90X:_Watch_me_Transform._/P90X:_Watch_me_Transform._.html

awesome bro...wish I had the time to do all that but im in summer session...one more damn week and the rest of my summer is devoted to working out

No drinking, smoking, partying, fast food, ice cream, sweets, soda, anything that does my body no good for the whole summer +.....i advise everyone on thisprogram to do the same

Man, I've been slacking on the diet the past couple days. Graduation parties and other events are doing me in. Still loyal to the workouts, but sticking tothe diet is tough. Anyways, Phase II doubles is still going well. I'll post pics after I'm done with Phase II.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Man, I've been slacking on the diet the past couple days. Graduation parties and other events are doing me in. Still loyal to the workouts, but sticking to the diet is tough. Anyways, Phase II doubles is still going well. I'll post pics after I'm done with Phase II.

Keep the diet intensify the cardio. Run an extra 3-4 miles.

The diet is key. But were human, so remember to think PROPORTIONS!

How immediate do you guys do the Ab Ripper after the initial workout, cause damn man, I'm so burnt out...
laugh.gif

And use the chair for the chin-ups or at least do negatives, that is to jump up to the bar and slowly lower yourself.

I'm doing this at the gym and sometimes when its too busy I modify the chin-ups portions using the lat pull down machine. Ensure that your feet are flat onthe ground and try to do them without pressing with an upward force against the pad.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

How immediate do you guys do the Ab Ripper after the initial workout, cause damn man, I'm so burnt out...
laugh.gif

I basically load the DVD and treat it like a water break and get into it. Surely its hard as hell, but I like to do it while my heart rate is still up andI'm still warm.

Back
Top Bottom