P90X Discussion

I'm not overweight at all I weigh 155 and am 5'10 I think...

would I still benefit from P90x? I'm trying to bulk up and get some good muscle.

Started on Thursday. Just finished Phase1/Week1/Day3- Shoulders and Arms.

Plyometrics was ridiculous. I have stayed strictly on the diet so far except last night.

Week 1 will be complete after I finish stretch X in a minute...gotta stick with the diet harder for the rest of the 90 days

Originally Posted by DaMysteryMan

Week 1 will be complete after I finish stretch X in a minute...gotta stick with the diet harder for the rest of the 90 days

Sticking to the diet on the weekends is killer...I did good up until now...A beer was calling my name.
ohwell.gif

Copped it brand new Yesterday for $75. Still need to buy PullUpBar. Resistance Band. I will not be sticking to the diet. It seems way to hard and expensive. Iwill just be eating healthy. I was looking through it and I do not understand what I should do. Classic, Double, or Lean. And I also do not know which cd touse with what day and stuff even though it is in the manual. Like how do I know the days to do the ab ripper? I will hopefully start monday....

Where'd you pick it up for $75?
I'm either gonna try and get it relatively cheap or download it.

This is a schedule I found

WEEKS 1-3

Day 1 - Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 2 - Plyometrics
Day 3 - Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 - Yoga X
Day 5 - Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6 - Kenpo X
Day 7 - Rest or X Stretch

Week 4

Day 1 - Yoga X
Day 2 - Core Synergistics
Day 3 - Kenpo X
Day 4 - X Stretch
Day 5 - Core Synergistics
Day 6 - Yoga X

Weeks 5-7

Day 1 - Chest Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 2 - Plyometrics
Day 3 - Back & Biceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 - Yoga X
Day 6 - Kenpo X

Week 8

Day 1 - Yoga X
Day 3 - Kenpo X
Day 4 - X Stretch
Day 6 - Yoga X

Weeks 9 & 11

Day 1 - Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 2 - Plyometrics
Day 3 - Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 - Yoga X
Day 6 - Kenpo X

Weeks 10 & 12

Day 1 - Chest Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 2 - Plyometrics
Day 3 - Back & Biceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 - Yoga X
Day 6 - Kenpo X

Week 13

Day 1 - Yoga X
Day 3 - Kenpo X
Day 4 - X Stretch
Day 6 - Yoga X

I just bought it from amazon for 75$ brand new.

Does any one have any examples of meals that they ate while doing p90x? I'm looking to find a variety of meals to eat so I can plan ahead.

for the guys who use bands what size are they. i have a high tension band,but i feel if i pull them over my head its doing to snap

Week 2 Day 1 completed yesterday. massive headache because I didn't drink enough water

Week 2 Day 2 today. Another round of Plyometrics. I really need to get on this diet.

So I finished the program this past week, so I thought I'd just write my general thoughts on the program before I sign out of this thread I did the full 13weeks of the DOUBLES program, and I think I only missed 2-3 workouts: I skipped one plyometrics, one kenpo, and one cardio X, all within the last 2 weeks ofthe program because the doubles really takes a toll in the third phase. However, there were some days I did yoga twice, and went for runs, played ball, etc. Ialso stopped doing X-stretch on my rest day half way though. Oh, and I forgot to do Ab ripper x maybe twice. I didn't follow the nutrition plan, but I didgo low carb in the first phase. I tried to keep it up for the subsequent phases, but there's no way you would get enough energy to finish the workoutscontinuing with low carb intake, especially during phase 2 and 3 of the doubles.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the program for what it is. Really, all it is is glorified circuit training, but it's effective nonetheless. My absare the best they've ever been, and my overall body fat is noticably lower. My lats have also gotten wider from all the pullups, but I think my chest hasgotten smaller due to the lack of heavy benching, so this may be a factor. My flexibility, especially in the hamstrings, has improved dramatically, and myvertical has increased in addition to my balance and agility.

Phase 1 was a shock, especially since I started the program while recovering from a really bad flu, but after that it was pretty good. Phase 2 was not too bad,it was a lot easier to add the 2nd workout 3x per week than I expected. However, phase 3 when you add 1 more cardio day on top of that was really tough. Inever thought I would welcome a recovery week so fast. The "recovery" week isn't THAT much of a recovery week, since I would rank the coresynergistics as the first or second hardest workout of them all. Here's how I would rank the difficulty of the workouts from hardest to easiest:

Chest/Back
Core Synergistics
Plyometrics
Legs/Back
Back/Biceps
Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Yoga
Shoulders/Arms
Kenpo X
Cardio X

Overall, it was really easy for me to stay motivated to complete all the workouts and complete the 90 day program. If you're just looking to do this for aquick fix to look good, it will be difficult to follow. I only need to cite the numerous people who don't like doing the yoga because it's "tooslow and boring", and the people who continually quit the program and start over again, only to fail again. But if you have a true PASSION for fitness andlike looking for different workout techniques, it should be really easy to follow, as it was for me.

Good luck.

This is an intense program.

I've been lifting weights for maybe a year off and on to at least keep my metabolism going and I've gained decent strength. But over time did I startto realize that I need a more solid plan to get more defined.

I cannot stress the importance of a good core. And I think if you're still a novice lifter, the p90x is a great way to develop core muscles.

Today was my first day and I barely got through Ab Ripper X if not skipping a few of the routines after doing the chest/back excercise.

What I can say is that this program keeps your heart pumping and at a nice high rate, which I appreciate the most because its a blend between cardio andlifting.

Be realistic and ensure that your goal of how many you reps you can do is true.

Stay motivated fam!

ChewToy112 wrote:
So I finished the program this past week, so I thought I'd just write my general thoughts on the program before I sign out of this thread I did the full 13 weeks of the DOUBLES program, and I think I only missed 2-3 workouts: I skipped one plyometrics, one kenpo, and one cardio X, all within the last 2 weeks of the program because the doubles really takes a toll in the third phase. However, there were some days I did yoga twice, and went for runs, played ball, etc. I also stopped doing X-stretch on my rest day half way though. Oh, and I forgot to do Ab ripper x maybe twice. I didn't follow the nutrition plan, but I did go low carb in the first phase. I tried to keep it up for the subsequent phases, but there's no way you would get enough energy to finish the workouts continuing with low carb intake, especially during phase 2 and 3 of the doubles.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the program for what it is. Really, all it is is glorified circuit training, but it's effective nonetheless. My abs are the best they've ever been, and my overall body fat is noticably lower. My lats have also gotten wider from all the pullups, but I think my chest has gotten smaller due to the lack of heavy benching, so this may be a factor. My flexibility, especially in the hamstrings, has improved dramatically, and my vertical has increased in addition to my balance and agility.

Phase 1 was a shock, especially since I started the program while recovering from a really bad flu, but after that it was pretty good. Phase 2 was not too bad, it was a lot easier to add the 2nd workout 3x per week than I expected. However, phase 3 when you add 1 more cardio day on top of that was really tough. I never thought I would welcome a recovery week so fast. The "recovery" week isn't THAT much of a recovery week, since I would rank the core synergistics as the first or second hardest workout of them all. Here's how I would rank the difficulty of the workouts from hardest to easiest:

Chest/Back
Core Synergistics
Plyometrics
Legs/Back
Back/Biceps
Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Yoga
Shoulders/Arms
Kenpo X
Cardio X

Overall, it was really easy for me to stay motivated to complete all the workouts and complete the 90 day program. If you're just looking to do this for a quick fix to look good, it will be difficult to follow. I only need to cite the numerous people who don't like doing the yoga because it's "too slow and boring", and the people who continually quit the program and start over again, only to fail again. But if you have a true PASSION for fitness and like looking for different workout techniques, it should be really easy to follow, as it was for me.

Good luck.

Nice review.

My question is this: Would you do it again?

Like would you start over next week and do another 90 days, or do you think its just an "alternate" workout to do when you get bored with a normalgym routine.

This is where I think the flaw of p90x comes into play.

Been an iron pumper for the longest time and this program intrigues me.

Question:

what's a sample set like...say, for your chest and back?

as Chewtoy said, it's like circuit training, I suppose you do super-giant sets?

someone fill me in.

HELLO NT, This is my first but MANY posts in this thread about my experience. Today was Phase 1, Week 1, Day 1 of my journey. Classic Style.

I got the P90X for $75 and Iron Gym Extreme for $40. I have dumbells.

The first workout and I am drained. Mentally, physically. I went into it with an Open Mind. Juiced as #%$*. Took BlackPowder for a preworkout supplement. Byround 2 I was at a point where I wanted to break down and cry. I did every workout and did not pause the dvd once. I went hard but I was pissed to the point Iyelled at my laptop. lol. Afterwards I busted my %@! with the abripper. My forms were not all to great but I tried my hardest to keep up. I lied down for about12 minutes in a state of shock. My body was dead and my head hurt. I went straight to the toilet and vommited. Felt much better. This workout is AMAZING. IKNOW I will see results and fast. I am juiced for tomorrow.

I will not be doing the P90X diet because it is to expensive. This is what I ate today

Breakfast- Honey Bunches of Oats, Apple
Snack: Chewy Bar: Water bottle
Lunch: Arabic Food (hard to explain)
After workout: Chicken kabob, strawberries
Tonight Dinner: Arabic Food

Here are measurements and workout reps I took for you guys to see.

Measurements:
Begin Weight 190 Pounds
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Phase 1: Classic
Inches:
Chest: 34.5
Waist: 33
Hips: 34
R;Thigh: 20.5
L;Thigh: 21.5
R;Arm: 11.5
L:Arm: 11.5

How many Reps I did
Back/Chest Round 1 Round 2
Standard Push Up 15+5 15
Standard Pull Up 10+5 5+5 chair
Military Pull Up 20 12
Reverse Chin Up 10 5+5 chair
Wide Fly Push Up 15 15
Military Push Up 15 5+5 chair
Pants Up 15 15
Diamond Push Ups 12 12
LawnMower 15 12
Divebomber 6 6
BackFlys 12 12
Close Grip Pull Up 5 10 chair

Finally Before Pics

l_4826f82b72f548a3bf6a4fbe998cc4fe.jpg

l_5809a64303f7466fae0792c6e06c5654.jpg

l_e2750cd24d544fd78fba561f97a0b909.jpg

Hopefully that helped you guys out!

Originally Posted by Praise The X I
nice
pimp.gif

i was on p90x for 7 weeks...i wish i would have taken before and after pics
smh.gif
...keep it up!
first 2 weeks are the hardest, your going to want to quit, but after that, you WONT even want to skip a day, because then thats all your going to think aboutat night and going to bug you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

ChewToy112 wrote:
So I finished the program this past week, so I thought I'd just write my general thoughts on the program before I sign out of this thread I did the full 13 weeks of the DOUBLES program, and I think I only missed 2-3 workouts: I skipped one plyometrics, one kenpo, and one cardio X, all within the last 2 weeks of the program because the doubles really takes a toll in the third phase. However, there were some days I did yoga twice, and went for runs, played ball, etc. I also stopped doing X-stretch on my rest day half way though. Oh, and I forgot to do Ab ripper x maybe twice. I didn't follow the nutrition plan, but I did go low carb in the first phase. I tried to keep it up for the subsequent phases, but there's no way you would get enough energy to finish the workouts continuing with low carb intake, especially during phase 2 and 3 of the doubles.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the program for what it is. Really, all it is is glorified circuit training, but it's effective nonetheless. My abs are the best they've ever been, and my overall body fat is noticably lower. My lats have also gotten wider from all the pullups, but I think my chest has gotten smaller due to the lack of heavy benching, so this may be a factor. My flexibility, especially in the hamstrings, has improved dramatically, and my vertical has increased in addition to my balance and agility.

Phase 1 was a shock, especially since I started the program while recovering from a really bad flu, but after that it was pretty good. Phase 2 was not too bad, it was a lot easier to add the 2nd workout 3x per week than I expected. However, phase 3 when you add 1 more cardio day on top of that was really tough. I never thought I would welcome a recovery week so fast. The "recovery" week isn't THAT much of a recovery week, since I would rank the core synergistics as the first or second hardest workout of them all. Here's how I would rank the difficulty of the workouts from hardest to easiest:

Chest/Back
Core Synergistics
Plyometrics
Legs/Back
Back/Biceps
Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Yoga
Shoulders/Arms
Kenpo X
Cardio X

Overall, it was really easy for me to stay motivated to complete all the workouts and complete the 90 day program. If you're just looking to do this for a quick fix to look good, it will be difficult to follow. I only need to cite the numerous people who don't like doing the yoga because it's "too slow and boring", and the people who continually quit the program and start over again, only to fail again. But if you have a true PASSION for fitness and like looking for different workout techniques, it should be really easy to follow, as it was for me.

Good luck.

Nice review.

My question is this: Would you do it again?

Like would you start over next week and do another 90 days, or do you think its just an "alternate" workout to do when you get bored with a normal gym routine.

This is where I think the flaw of p90x comes into play.

I would consider doing it again, but not for a while. Maybe next spring to get ready for summer 2010. By the end, my body was really "craving"heavy lifts and it felt great to go back to my regular workout today. If I were to do it again, I doubt I would do the full 90 days. I would likely just do amonth of it, then switch back. But, it's good to know that if I did do it again, it would be a fun and productive workout and would likely see resultsagain, especially if I stuck to the diet. If I were to do it again, I would likely modify it rather than go another whole 3 months withoutbench/squat/deadlift/military press etc.

Chewtoy I have 2 questions for you. 1. I drink arabic tea with my fam every night. Should I drop that or just not add sugar. And 2. When I do pull ups it feelsas if I am using my biceps a lot of the times, is that incorrect even if I am just starting out?

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Breakfast- Honey Bunches of Oats, Apple
Snack: Chewy Bar: Water bottle
Lunch: Arabic Food (hard to explain)
After workout: Chicken kabob, strawberries
Tonight Dinner: Arabic Food
Veggies?

Back
Top Bottom