P90X Discussion

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by TheAbove

How immediate do you guys do the Ab Ripper after the initial workout, cause damn man, I'm so burnt out...
laugh.gif

I basically load the DVD and treat it like a water break and get into it. Surely its hard as hell, but I like to do it while my heart rate is still up and I'm still warm.
That sounds right and makes sense, which I knew, I just didn't want to hear it.
laugh.gif

I'm basically starting this program up too, almost on par with Praise.

I'm also looking forward to the Yoga and stretching. I find that I'm not flexible enough or that my joints/flexors are really sore after chest/back,which I felt and slacked on the first day of ab ripper x.

No one said it would be easy. I'm just going to play the JB 'Maybe' commericial before I go to the gym.

laugh.gif
Trust me, we're in the same boat....I'm just going all in andmotivating myself. As I posted in the subject line for the first day, this is all for my honeymoon since its going to be spent on a beach.

I'm not flexible either, so I'm looking forward to the other stuff besides the lifting/cardio elements as well.

This post certainly has helped keep my motivation up there as well.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by TheAbove

How immediate do you guys do the Ab Ripper after the initial workout, cause damn man, I'm so burnt out...
laugh.gif

I basically load the DVD and treat it like a water break and get into it. Surely its hard as hell, but I like to do it while my heart rate is still up and I'm still warm.

on my dvds the ab ripper is right after the prgorams you're supposed to do it with

Oh is it? I know there's a separate DVD....that's the one I popped in....are the workouts different?

Phase 1 Week 1 Day 3

I went to bed yesterday weighing in at 189. I woke up and looked in the mirror and something looked different. I went on the scale to see 182! I was in SHOCK.Through out the day as I ate I balanced out at 185. THAT IS FROM TWO DAYS! WOW. I woke up today in a world of sore. First off, I have been having troublesleeping lately. Last 2 nights I have slept after 5 am and woke up at random times. I am getting pretty aggravated. I think it is either because I work out ataround 5 pm or because of BlackPowder supplement I have been taking. And I go to bed THINKING I wont be able to sleep which affects me. No lie when I am in bedP90X is in my mind the WHOLE time. I almost want to get up and start the next days workout. On to the point.

Today was shoulders and arms. I was pretty juiced because I love arms because I wear tank tops a lot. Anyway the workout was ALOT easier than yesterday. So Iwas very happy. The workouts were great also. I go at the same pace as the DVD and use 15 pounds so it was really fun. I felt like my form was off on a fewbecause it would either be to easy or I was using different muscles for different workouts. This workout is to tone out for sure. I got a decent sweat in andgot really into the workout. I found myself pounding my chest at times like Kobe Bryant in the 4th.

When it came time to do the ab ripper I was pretty nervous. My abs were already sore so I knew I was in for it. I was doing 10 reps breaking 5 and doing 10more. My whole body was feeling it and the sweat was POURING at this point. Whenever I looked in the mirror I felt disgusted and shameful. I get really upsetseeing how bad my stomach looks when I bend or sit down. ;( Tomorrow is a Yoga Day and I am pretty excited. I get to rest and take it easy. (I hope.) I havenever done Yoga before.

Reps:
Weight: 15 pounds
Alternating Shoulder Press: 15, 12
In and Out Bicep Curl: 16, 16
2 Arm Tricep Kickback: 15, 15
Deep Swimmers Press: 12, 12
Full supination curl: 15, 15
Chair Dip: 20,20
UpRight Rows: 15, 15
Static Curls: 16, 16
Twistback Triceps: 12, 12
Seated Shoulder Flys: 8, 8 (horrible)
Crouching Gohen Curl: 15, 12
Lying down Tricep: 15, 15
BONUS ROUND:
Congdon: 15, 16
Stand up Shoulder Flys: 16, 16
Side Tri Rise: 20, 20

What I ate:
Morning: Honey Bunches of Oats, Apple
Snack: Strawberries
Lunch: Peanut Butter Sandwich
Workout
Dinner: Chicken + Oakra leaves + milk
Night: Arabic Tea
Bed: Peanut Butter Sandwich + Milk
See you tomorrow
smile.gif

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/wa...xWM&feature=channel_page

Website: http://web.me.com/youseferakat/Site/P90X:_Watch_me_Transform._/P90X:_Watch_me_Transform._.html

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Tomorrow is a Yoga Day and I am pretty excited. I get to rest and take it easy. (I hope.) I have never done Yoga before.

you are in for a BIG surprise....i sweat the most during yoga....but god bless the childs pose omfg

I swear the diet is the hardest part. I been doing alright though. Heres what Im eating everyday...

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, Toast with low fat cream cheese

Snack: Apple or Banana

Lunch: Veggie patty hamburger, lettuce, onion, tomato

Snack: Protein shake

Dinner: Chicken breast with marinara sauce and veggies.

Drink a lot of water during the day. This is basically what I've been eating almost everyday. Sometimes Ill eat a tuna sandwich for lunch and a lean meathamburger with oven baked fries for dinner.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

I swear the diet is the hardest part. I been doing alright though. Heres what Im eating everyday...

Drink a lot of water during the day. This is basically what I've been eating almost everyday. Sometimes Ill eat a tuna sandwich for lunch and a lean meat hamburger with oven baked fries for dinner.

MMmmm. I want to start adding turkey sandwiches and chicken breast. Good stuff. I think I'm going to boil some eggs today. Do you eat every 2 hours?

I'm on week 4 right now and lovin it
it's a real workout and the diet plan is crucial...it's hard to commit but you have to fight through it
I would recommend being in some kind of shape before starting it though, not really something you "just do"
in literally 3 weeks you definitley start noticing alot of things you never thought existed
but I would definitley recommend this to anyone willing to try
there's even a P90X plus!!!

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Drink a lot of water during the day. This is basically what I've been eating almost everyday. Sometimes Ill eat a tuna sandwich for lunch and a lean meat hamburger with oven baked fries for dinner.

MMmmm. I want to start adding turkey sandwiches and chicken breast. Good stuff. I think I'm going to boil some eggs today. Do you eat every 2 hours?
I try to eat every 2-3 hours. At least something. It doesnt help when I wake up at 12 though.
laugh.gif

hanzie23 Good job dude, I can't wait till I'm there. And ^^^ HAHA I woke up at 12 today. I ate cereal. ANd now an hour later I'm going to eat eggs.And then pb sandwich an hour later and then dinner etc etc. haha

Phase 1 Week 1 Day 4

I'm PISSED. Today was the first time I have ever done Yoga. I went into it with an open mind and actually pretty excited. Everything was going good forabout 30 minutes and then thats when it broke down. My mind got sidetracked for a second and I gave up. I got really frustrated and was not in the mood tocontinue. I ripped my beater off and lied down. I forwarded a total of maybe 5 minutes. I stuck with it and tried to the best of my abilities but it sucked.They looked way to good at stretching compared to what I was doing. I guess I will continue to do Yoga and TRY to get better. I am not looking forward to itthough. It feels as if I wasted a day.

What I ate:
I ate a lot more today.
Breakfast: Honey Bunches of oats, Banana
Snack: 2 eggs
Lunch: Cooked Chicken kabob on grill
Workout
After workout: More chicken kabob and kubideh with strawberries
AGAIN AFTER: Chicken kabob, kubideh BAKED POTATO. is it bad?
and now: Tea with honey
Tonight: Peanut butter, milk

See you tomorrow. I will go HARD TOMORROW because I was so pissed today

Heres a video update

Hey I'm not doing P90X but it's awesome to see so many people working hard to get in shape, you won't regret it.

Praise the X I I've been reading your updates, I love seeing peoples' progression.

What sucked about the yoga? I've never done yoga before but I have friends who did it for football and they said nothing but good things about it.

Praise the X I - Keep up the updates man. I just started too so it's helpful to see how others are doing with the program.

yoga is mad hard
roll.gif

i hated it...i just did a cardio day for yoga, i dont have the patience

EDIT:: after watching the video, I'm glad you buying that protein!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wanksta23

yoga is mad hard
roll.gif

i hated it...i just did a cardio day for yoga, i dont have the patience

EDIT:: after watching the video, I'm glad you buying that protein!
laugh.gif

hahah all thanks to you my man!

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Hey I'm not doing P90X but it's awesome to see so many people working hard to get in shape, you won't regret it.

Praise the X I I've been reading your updates, I love seeing peoples' progression.

What sucked about the yoga? I've never done yoga before but I have friends who did it for football and they said nothing but good things about it.

Thanks bro. Man it's because I was trying to do the move as I was watching them. So I had to like jerk my head up as I was supposed to be concentrating onthe stretch. SO it affected my understanding of how to do the move. I couldn't keep up at times and I felt like I was doing the moves wrong...

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Thanks bro. Man it's because I was trying to do the move as I was watching them. So I had to like jerk my head up as I was supposed to be concentrating on the stretch. SO it affected my understanding of how to do the move. I couldn't keep up at times and I felt like I was doing the moves wrong...

yeah I hate Yoga too, I do my own stretching and cardio and it's just boring. Maybe there's a mental aspect to it I'm not getting.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Just copped. Can't wait to get my package.

SMH...

Still waiting for my package. @(#* Beachbody for taking so long to ship my order.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm drinking a beer.
smh.gif

Actually, I'm not ashamed...It's great!
I'm working extra hard these next 3 weeks because after that I'll be in Mexico for 6 weeks drinking beer almost every day
sick.gif

Hopefully I'll have the motivation to run every morning though while im over there!

Back
Top Bottom