P90X Discussion

as far as equipment - what exactly are you all using?

i'm thinking i'm going to get the iron gym xtreme as my pull up bar - have the normal one but it doesn't have enough grip variety.

and i'm not buying dumbells - but what about resistance bands? amazon has some SPRI bands for 9.99 each in 3 diff. resistances..but i can get a bodylasticsband set for $60. anyone with experiences?

i have a mat - but anyone know the best place to get cheap yoga blocks?

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Originally Posted by Crook

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Sooooo.. Maybe some of you guys remember about a month or so ago that I said I was starting with the P90 so I could then move on to the p90x.

Well its been a month and a week and I've lost 25 lbs. 25LBS in a month and a week!!! I did that by following the diet and working out whenever I was supposed to. Its not what I was going for because I wasnt exactly over weight or anything. But now I feel hella skinny and its just not a good look.

So, I need to bulk up now. What do I do? Do I start the P90x? Take weight gainers? Protein powder???

any help is appreciated.

I was 6'1 215 when I started... now Im 6'1 189-90
You're not gonna bulk up from doing this program. It's more to get definition and tone your muscle rather than build size. If you wanna bulk, you gotta either get heavy weights (which are gonna be expensive) or get a gym membership and start going to the gym and do low rep / high weight exercises and eat like a mofo after (healthy stuff of course). Look at my post on the previous page; that program is designed to let me still use the cardiovascular components of P90X but still be able to gain muscle.
Yea I basically only started doing this because I wanted to lose my gut.. Well it worked... but now im like 2 inches thinner everywhere.. arms, thighs, etc..

I need to bulk up now and get cut without getting a belly again.
laugh.gif
Yo I'm at the same spot physically you were in when you started and you just inspired me to get this %#%# started tomorrow
pimp.gif

so is there a P90 program as well as a p90x?

P90, P90x, P90X+

I find using the pull-up bar hard, the doorways are so damn small.. end up using a chair for support.

Overall, I find the workout better than what ive been doing at the gym, more intense and I sweat more - the comfort of home also allows me to swear and curselike im gettin raped.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

the worst part for people who start doing this(including myself) is Stretching/Yoga and Abs. i could do most of the lifting with relative ease being in pretty good shape before starting.
i just wanted stonger core so i did more of that. It is rough starting out espcially in the morning after if you do this later in the day not in the morning. I actually got maybe a inch or two taller after the 90 days from the stretching. I in corporate the Abs/Yoga/Stretching in my workout now and i feel alot better than before. so if you want to feel better in general then mos def do P90X

1-2 inches taller from yoga/stretching?? Is that even possible?
eek.gif
eek.gif

Damn, i've been skipping yoga and x-stretch for the first 3 weeks. I'm soo inflexible that maybe it might work.

That's gonna be my motivation to push myself through yoga x.

Pull-ups and Yoga X and Plyo is are tough. Using correct form I can only do 5 pull-ups.

Overall, I find the workout better than what ive been doing at the gym, more intense and I sweat more - the comfort of home also allows me to swear and curse like im gettin raped
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Im keen to try the P90X workout. It looks tough too. I've tried the Body for Life workout by EAS and had great results. Search for the P90X on a couple ofthe torrent sites.

I think P90 is the introduction or starter and then P90X is the next level and P90X+ after that.
I do not really keep up with the program, I just do a vid or two a day.
I tried p90x+ and it is definitely more difficult that P90X.
Even though the workouts are shorter, about 45 minutes each vid including the warm-up/cool-down/stretches, it is grueling.
The Interval X is non-stop and the new abs/core + is hell.

Day 66 for me. Still no soda, no fast food, no sweets this whole summer. Getting down to the final stretch and its getting tough. Once I'm done with goaround 1, im taking 2 weeks off then heading for P90x doubles. Can't wait, my goal is to do this continuously at least 3 times a year

^ Awesome bro.

Are we supposed to do workouts simultaneously? Like Chest & Back followed immediately by Ab Ripper X?

I just did Plyometrics today, didnt struggle as much as Mondays workout, but it was awesome. Felt good to hear Tony say that its over.

Another thing, is it possible to switch workouts to another day? I play ball on Mondays and I find that after the Chest & Back session, my triceps/chestsare %%!#$+ limiting my ability to shoot tsk tsk

Originally Posted by krazy88s

For those needing a pull-up bar invest in Iron Gym. It costs around $30. Just throw it up on a doorway and get to work. Very use to use and could be used for push ups as well. It'll give you a great range of motion like when Tony uses/mentions it in the video.

Iron-Gym.jpg

co-sign! cost me $30 at target and its easy to hang on the door. i have stretch X tomorrow, so after that id be starting recovery week/week 4. ive only lost afew pounds, but ive definitely seen noticeable results (ie slimmer waist, definition in arms). i dont have the nutrition guide, but damn dieting is hard.

howdy

ive been lurking this thread for a while and i hopped on the p90 train today.. chest and back was rough.. couldn't do diamond pushups and the majority ofthe pullups.. but im sure it'll come. hardest part i think is the diet, but i'ma keep on truckin.. good luck to all.
smile.gif

The diet hasn't really bothered me much.
I do not have the nutrition guide either but I know that phase 1 has to do with cutting down the carbs intake.
So I eat about 1/3-1/4 of the carbs I use to eat a day and I try my best to not eat carbs at dinner.
I usually eat flank steak, fish (salmon, tiliapia, etc..) and chicken, mostly either grilled or on the George Foreman grill.
I have also eliminated sugars in my diet. I am also eating less than my BMR and continue working out and so far, lost 7-10 lbs in 3 weeks.

Like I said, i do not follow this program but instead just use the vids to tell me what to do and I do Plyo at least once or twice a week and it has reallyhelped.
I feel faster, I feel like I could jump higher and my stamina has also gotten a lot better.
Once I get in a shape that I feel I can go on in this program, as in I am somewhat fit enough, then I'll do the whole 90 day strict program.

i'm 5'8 170 lbs .. exactly how many calories should i be eating? i've been eating a lot of protein with maybe 1 serving of carbs .. is that bad? ithink i barely broke 1200 calories today.

^ I think anything under 1500 is crazy. I should be eating around 2300.. as long as you keep true to the portions I think you should be ok because each portionin the guide gives you the amount of calories each servingn equates to.

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

i'm 5'8 170 lbs .. exactly how many calories should i be eating? i've been eating a lot of protein with maybe 1 serving of carbs .. is that bad? i think i barely broke 1200 calories today.

You can figure it out here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ .
It should tell you how much calories is needed to stay in the same weight even if you do nothing the whole day.
So eating less than the number of calories you get should make you lose weight.
Consuming 500 less calories a day equals a lost of 1 lb a week, so 3500 less calories a week should equal -1 lb.

I just my copy from a co-worker of mine. I will burn the dvd's, now I just need to find the nutrition guide online.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I just my copy from a co-worker of mine. I will burn the dvd's, now I just need to find the nutrition guide online.
I been looking for those online too... cant find them, care to shoot me a PM if you do?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I been looking for those online too... cant find them, care to shoot me a PM if you do?
No problem

Anyone do the Yoga X? I felt tired, so skipped it, looks kinda hard.

Originally Posted by I3

Anyone do the Yoga X? I felt tired, so skipped it, looks kinda hard.

I use to do it but now I don't because it's too long and boring for me.
laugh.gif
BUT if you got the time and patience, I would really do it. It's agreat workout. I felt sore in places I didn't even know I could.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom