P90X Discussion

Yoga was like runnng track or swimming to me HS. I used to make fun those who did it (I dont know why). Then joined the track team my junior year, aftermom's advice. And well I got my @#$ kicked everyday day in practice. Like running, yoga looks easy but there's more to it once you do it.

Originally Posted by I3

^ I cant sit through Yoga.. it like bores me, did it for maybe 10mins and turned it off..

honestly dude, the first 45 minutes are hell. once you hit the 43 minute mark, it gets a lot better.. still hard, but it gets better.

Phase I : Week 2 complete.

I plan on pushing myself to the max this upcoming week before I go into my recovery week

Man i want to get this going. Im finally able to walk and do some athletic work on my foot i had surgery on. My problem is going to be staying motivated. I canstart then ill fall off and have to start all over again. I wish there was a gym, or somewhere doing the program in classes. I would love to go. Any NTers knowof or want to start one. I believe if i have others around me id be more successful.

Just finished the second week today. Kind of got off schedule a little bit, I had to skip the yoga on thursday because I didn't have time to workout, and Idid the Kenpo today instead of Saturday, but that's still one workout missed in the first two weeks and I'll take it. Hopefully I can step it up thisweek and really get the most out of the workouts now that I'm in a little better shape. I swear though I'll never be able to do some of the stretchesthey do, I'm just not even close to being flexible enough.

Is there anyway to incorporate sqauts/deadlifts/lunges into the workout?

I feel like the leg workout isnt enough for me, so im planning to go back to the gym on the Legs/Back day and substitute those leg workouts for my old routine.

Another thing, would it be better to do squats earlier in the week then do the plyos later on in the week or vice versa?

Since I am going to start coaching soon I needed a video to excite the fans. Excuse me for the corny lines and cliches.

has anyone modified their workout to include benching?

i don't wanna get rid of that part for 90 days
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

has anyone modified their workout to include benching?

i don't wanna get rid of that part for 90 days
ohwell.gif

Now that I started over on Monday from day 1, you better believe I did! I use P90 as a reference now and not so much EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS. I take the book tothe gym n do it there. And on Mondays: Chest and Back. For every time it says Pushup... You do bench. And you can also do Bench and THEN the push up it says todo. What I did though was do the chest and back day normally. And then on Tuesday or even Saturday do the benching. Think about it, it wont HURT your results.It will only make them better.

I finished the P90 like about a month ago..

This past Monday i started the p90x finally. I felt like I was ready for it and I was..

Im on day 4 now of my first week.... Yoga.. Everything so far so good though.

im on day 18. not fun doing P90 in the middle of a freaking heatwave, but i'm sweating a lot more. i can finally keep up with all the ab ripper exercisesnow.
smile.gif

For those of you who substitute something on Yoga day... What workout do you guys do instead?

Honestly, I would rather be doing something else other then yoga X.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

For those of you who substitute something on Yoga day... What workout do you guys do instead?

laugh.gif

Do cardio x instead. It starts off first half with yoga, then plyo, then kenpo. it's great.

laugh.gif

Do cardio x instead. It starts off first half with yoga, then plyo, then kenpo. it's great.

laugh.gif

day 4 for me today also. looks like a few people started this week. anyone else using bands? i ordered the set from bodylastics and like it for the most part.although i have to pause it at times to get positioned correctly.

yoga was tough, sat out through a good amount of the first part. was able to do most of the stuff once it got halfway through.

i actually had more pain in the first couple days in my upper thighs than anywhere else. i'm used to going to the gym 5-6 days a week for some time now -so the arm workouts aren't that hard. but i still have a lot of trouble doing pull ups! i have the iron gym extreme but being tall i can't really goall the way down and let my body 'hang' for a break...so it's kind of a pain.

since im used to working out, motivation won't really be a problem for me, i just am not used to working out for 13 weeks without a good break in between.because from what i've heard the off weeks aren't really that..haha

Back
Top Bottom