P90X Discussion

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Im on my 5th week of this and I think its pretty good. I added something things and took others out. I also added more cardio. I run about 2 miles after the workout. Is that bad??
You should run the 2 miles BEFORE doing P90X.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I';m not looking to lose any weight, is this program not for me (should I just stick to my weight lifting)?

I would like to get more ripped though, I already have the muscle mass.

If you are not looking to get stronger, I think this program might be well suited for you. From what I understand, this is for people who has hit the plateauand helps continue get more muscle definition.
It certainly couldn't hurt if you add this to your current workout routine.

Originally Posted by I3

^ what is that insanity programme?

im on the recovery week of phase 1.. i just did ab ripper x lol, im prob gonna hit the gym this week, because I feel lazy as doing nothing..

I was looking at insanity yesterday. I just started p90x a week ago so maybe when I finish this I will put insanity into my p90x doubles phase.

Oh and your welcome
wink.gif

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

i dont know much about p90x, I play soccer and I want to shed a few pounds and a little bit of fat, is this right for me? and does any one have any tips and
recommendations?

A better question is how can you play soccer and NOT shed pounds??
laugh.gif

lol everyone would say im skinny, but i notice just a bit of fat on me.

Originally Posted by wray69

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Does anyone have the PDF files for the meal plans or the sheet for keeping track of calories/exercises progress?
I got you my brotha.

And
roll.gif
@ anyone who paid for it. <3 the internet and its free-ness baby.

edit: ALSO. Im feeling generous sooooooo, If you want to start p90x but dont have the cash...in the words of snoop

"You want it? I got it"
What's good Big Ben? Can I get those worksheets please?
That makes 2 of us Big Ben, I have all of the DVD's, just need the nutrition program. Thanks

Starting Phase 2 tomorrow fellas.. hella excited, I did little during recovery week.

Man I use to be in here, checking in everyday for a couple weeks straight. I feel off the wagon hard. Im starting back again tomorrow. Keep fighting yall.

I finished my first 30 days today. I went from 210 LB to 190 LB. I'm really excited about Phase 2. I'll post some pics later

I've only been messing with about 4 exercises last week and doing some this week just to familiarize myself with the program (I'm going on vacationtomm so I'll take it seriously when I get back), but damn......I did the leg workout on Friday and my legs are STILL sore to this day.
eek.gif

I did throw up day 1 though because I went hard and didn't take any breaks, which was a dumb move.
laugh.gif

I can probably do without the diet since I don't need to lose any weight.

The diet is also important in getting in shape though, not just losing weight.
You might not see any definitions or just notice very slight changes if you do not get a better diet.

Well I'm not exactly eating crap all day
laugh.gif
, I watch what I eat for the most part.

I just won't go a full 100% with the diet, I'll incorporate some recipes here and there.

Coming from a Hispanic background, its not easy to lay off the bad stuff.
laugh.gif

Today is day 2 of week 3 phase 1. I checked the scale yesterday and I want from 198 before starting P90x to 189 in just 2 weeks! Im feeling great and im lovingthe results.

Word. The diet is pretty important.

I went to the gym for the first time in 30days, I almost didn't recognize myself haha... not but really, i've lost about 4kgs and probably 1.5-2%bodyfat in around 30days. I need to get my hands on a caliper though - does anyone know where you can buy them over the internet?

Originally Posted by Andrew630

what kind of pullup bars do you guys use?

I was using the bands for my first 30 days. I just bought the Iron Gym Total Body Work-Out: Extreme Edition. I'm hoping that the bar will build mystrength faster.

Hi. I just got P90X and before I start I had a few questions. First, who here that does P90X follows the nutrition plan completely? I don't really eatanything in this nutrition plan, though my normal diet isn't that bad imo. Will that affect my results if I don't fully follow it? Secondly, what kindof protein/recovery shake would you recommend? Any help would be great looking to start this soon thanks.

Originally Posted by mattg

Hi. I just got P90X and before I start I had a few questions. First, who here that does P90X follows the nutrition plan completely? I don't really eat anything in this nutrition plan, though my normal diet isn't that bad imo. Will that affect my results if I don't fully follow it? Secondly, what kind of protein/recovery shake would you recommend? Any help would be great looking to start this soon thanks.
You NEED to follow the nutrition plan. I already eat good to begin with (havent drank soda or eaten red meat, pork or beef in 3 years, nofastfood) and I've been doing this for almost 30 days I think? (Bout to start phase 2 next week) and I've had maybe 2 cheat meals. You wont get rippedif you are drinking sodas and eating pizza all the time.

On another note...

Am I the only one here that HATES yoga days? I do almost half of it and just end up quiting to run a mile, yoga is too boring for me.

Hi. I just got P90X and before I start I had a few questions. First, who here that does P90X follows the nutrition plan completely? I don't really eat anything in this nutrition plan, though my normal diet isn't that bad imo. Will that affect my results if I don't fully follow it? Secondly, what kind of protein/recovery shake would you recommend? Any help would be great looking to start this soon thanks.
You NEED to follow the nutrition plan. I already eat good to begin with (havent drank soda or eaten red meat, pork or beef in 3 years, no fastfood) and I've been doing this for almost 30 days I think? (Bout to start phase 2 next week) and I've had maybe 2 cheat meals. You wont get ripped if you are drinking sodas and eating pizza all the time.

On another note...

Am I the only one here that HATES yoga days? I do almost half of it and just end up quiting to run a mile, yoga is too boring for me.

yeah even though i'm not going to enjoy it i guess i should follow the nutrition program. not that i drink soda or eat fastfood or any of that stuff. but ido want to get the most out of this program. so anyone got some good protein shakes i should take?

I don't follow the nutrition guide EXACTLY, but I have cut out ALL juice, soda, and fast food. The only liquid that I drink is water. Take a look at thepics I posted above, and those are my 30 day results based on what I ate. What do you think?

You NEED to follow the nutrition plan. I already eat good to begin with (havent drank soda or eaten red meat, pork or beef in 3 years, no fastfood) and I've been doing this for almost 30 days I think? (Bout to start phase 2 next week) and I've had maybe 2 cheat meals. You wont get ripped if you are drinking sodas and eating pizza all the time.

On another note...

yeah even though i'm not going to enjoy it i guess i should follow the nutrition program. not that i drink soda or eat fastfood or any of that stuff. but i do want to get the most out of this program. so anyone got some good protein shakes i should take?
Whey protein.

Thats all you need baby.

Back
Top Bottom