P90X Discussion

Resistance bands are good because the tension increases as you increase the range of motion, which should give a tougher and more dynamic workout as long asyou have the proper resistance on the bands for the exercise.

i have some resistance bands but the resistance isn't strong enough .. where is a good place to cop?

are there any pro's and cons with using resistance, opposed to regular dumb bells?

Get some better resistance bands. I got the TO strongman bands from bodylastics and they are great for P90X. You shouldn't run out off weight usingthese unless your super diesel. If you were you probably wouldn't be doing this in the first place so you should be good.

The only problem I have with resistance bands is that you can't accurately chart your progress over the course of 90 days. I'm on week 3 and while Ifeel stronger, there's no way to quantify it during my workout - if I had a set of DBs then I'd definitely know that I was able to do more weight/morereps.

Aside from the fact that it always takes a minute to set them up properly to make sure you have the right resistance, I've already gone through a couplebands that have snapped. Yes, they were probably cheap but that was pretty much the last straw for me. I've done a little bit of research and I'vedecided to spring for some Powerblocks.

Nice to see the updates. I'm considering buying this. I downloaded the charts, but have no clue what the workouts are.

thanks for the advice. i got the nike resistance bands but i feel for some workouts they're not strong enough.. nor are they long enough. for one of thetricep extension exercises where you have to put the band on the heel of your foot, the thing slipped off my foot and proceeded to give me the biggest whiplashon my back. FML.

forgot to ask.. how are everyone's diets? do you go according to the book or are you guys sensible and eat everything in moderation?

pullups are a mother.. still gotta use the chair
happy.gif

man i just finished the second day ... first day i couldnt even get through the entire workout felt like i was gonna throw my chipotle up ... started with plyotoday and stopped about 20 minutes in cuz my legs were cramping up like crazy ... i think im gonna count this as a preliminary work week and just start my 90day clock next monday lol ...

if you havent worked out in years (as in my case) dont think youre just gonna pick up and start with p90x ... i didnt realize how hard it was gonna be

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

forgot to ask.. how are everyone's diets? do you go according to the book or are you guys sensible and eat everything in moderation?

pullups are a mother.. still gotta use the chair
happy.gif

I follow it a bit. For the most part my diet is close enough to that of the P90x diet anyway, so I'm good.

Day 7 - Stretch X/Week 1 complete. Stretch day today. Simple, yet it felt good to get a good stretch in for the first time in awhile. Tomorrow starts a repeatof the same routines I did week 1. As of this morning I had lost 2 LBS. Might be 3 by tomorrow. I started at 217 btw.

so do you think its worth it? i really want to get this ( i started this post in the first place ) and now it has a 90 day money back guarantee. i mean i knowi would get my behind kicked when i do these, but i do workout a lot already so its not like some people who havent lifted a weight in years. im lookin forsomething new to just tone up and lose a few pounds of fat. i really think i gotta order this asap! these replies are good motivation.

ps i do belong to a gym and they have spinning and aerobics rooms that are usually empty. i was just thinking of taking my portable dvd player and just doingem there. i have it all planned out, all i gotta do is order it and get started.

^ Go for it. Especially with a 90 day money back guarantee. All I can say is that after one week, there is so much room for me to improve and with the way theyhammer the pushups/pullups and other exercises, I know I will build my way up and get the look that I'm going for and that you mentioned. I'd say tryit.

Another suggestion: Get a CD/DVD case

I've found that the binder thing that the discs come in scratch the discs up real easily. I picked up a case logic-type deal at target for 5 bucks andthrew all the DVDs in there.

It took me a minute to locate a local Powerblock dealer in SoCal but I finally found one that has a few of them in stock. I'm going to pick a set up thisweekend and start P90x all over.

I just watched most of the vids yesterday to get the exercises down, and it looks tougher than I thought...man, Horton is a beast.

anyone else do their plyo's barefooted?
Yeah I do except for the Lunges

The only problem I have with resistance bands is that you can't accurately chart your progress over the course of 90 days. I'm on week 3 and while I feel stronger, there's no way to quantify it during my workout - if I had a set of DBs then I'd definitely know that I was able to do more weight/more reps.
Bodylastics for all yall getting them cheap resistance bands.� These cost though 99.81 and like 112 after shipping if I remember correctly but arevery effective with the p90x workout.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Day 7 - Stretch X/Week 1 complete. Stretch day today. Simple, yet it felt good to get a good stretch in for the first time in awhile. Tomorrow starts a repeat of the same routines I did week 1. As of this morning I had lost 2 LBS. Might be 3 by tomorrow. I started at 217 btw.

Good job on sticking with it for 7 days! Haha I barely ever have done that, prob why I progress pretty slow..seems like you'll actually do it all in 90. Horton's jokes prob arent annoying yet..
grin.gif

I tried some of the arm exercises today since it was my arm day. Side tri-rise is no joke after close grip bench and skull crushers.

Originally Posted by vjetti

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Day 7 - Stretch X/Week 1 complete. Stretch day today. Simple, yet it felt good to get a good stretch in for the first time in awhile. Tomorrow starts a repeat of the same routines I did week 1. As of this morning I had lost 2 LBS. Might be 3 by tomorrow. I started at 217 btw.

Good job on sticking with it for 7 days! Haha I barely ever have done that, prob why I progress pretty slow..seems like you'll actually do it all in 90. Horton's jokes prob arent annoying yet..
grin.gif

Thanks. I start Week 2 tomorrow. Took 2 days off because I had to be out of town, but I kept to my diet so I shouldn't lose any of my momentum, as the dietis my x-factor in all this anyway. I will update tomorrow. Everyone who is doing it, keep working at it.

LilStarZ07 - Most definitely did I have trouble. Not only with the exercise you're talking about, but most of the ab workouts that required legs to be upin the air. I actually improved from Day 1 ab ripper on Day 6 ab ripper. Wasn't too huge of a difference, but I was able to do slightly more. I'mdefinitely feelin' the workout for the long haul because the more I improve the more I can push myself. So far I approve of P90x. Long way to go though.

Week 2 Day 1 - Noticed good improvement from the first week. I'm still horrible at pull ups though. Ab ripper x was tougher, only because this time aroundI didn't take as many breaks.

I just need to lose some weight or something so I can do some damn pull ups.

Week 2 Day 2 - Plyometrics - Much harder this time around because I was able to hang in there longer. I did every workout without a break like on the video,but towards the latter sets my form started to get weaker. I should be able to hang next week though.

is this good for cutting? i posted my workout in the getting in shape thread..right now im bulking until like april and then im gonna cut like 25-30 pounds.the thing about this is i have a gym membership and i dont wanna put it to waste by just doing p90x at home, so can you do it at teh gym too?

im already in pretty good shape so im almost positive id be able to finish

i have not read through the whole thread

but ive heard this system is SERIOUS. im interested in trying but no way i can do this and go to the gym how i do.

just ordered it last week, should be here soon. had some junk food the past few days cause i figure thats gonna be it for a while.

Back
Top Bottom