P90X Discussion

Originally Posted by vcshoxj6

Originally Posted by NCTwin

I've been using the resistance bands, and have been doing great as well. Unfortunately I broke a band last week, but I'm making it.

do you have a recommendation on what is a good brand of resistance bands to use? I've been reading a lot of reviews of bands online and most that try it with P90x, they always break somehow. I need to find out a band that is durable enough for use with P90x.

A friend of mine used Bodylastics (the bands that TO endorses) and none of them broke throughout the program so you can look into those.   

I just use the bands I bought at Target made by Reebok. I think it was $12-$15, hasn't failed me yet.

Does anyone have the .pdf''s or know where I can find them?
nerd.gif

PM if necessary, thanks.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

so its been 24hrs since the 1st disc....
sick.gif
this !@!@ hurts my whole top half.. its hard to even wipe my %@#... on to disc 2.... no pain no gain...

pimp.gif

Bodylastics is the one that broke for me, so maybe I'm in the minority on it breaking. Vcshox, I'm currently looking for a replacement and I'll let you know what I find.

Bittersweet, my gf is currently doing p90x doubles, and she's enjoying it. It mostly consists of doing a session of cardio in the morning followed by the rest of the day's activities in the afternoon. She also does the lean reps (12-16) and it works really well.

Bodylastics is the one that broke for me, so maybe I'm in the minority on it breaking. Vcshox, I'm currently looking for a replacement and I'll let you know what I find.

Bittersweet, my gf is currently doing p90x doubles, and she's enjoying it. It mostly consists of doing a session of cardio in the morning followed by the rest of the day's activities in the afternoon. She also does the lean reps (12-16) and it works really well.

Naw I'm in the same boat. One of the 30's popped but besides these the other ones are cool

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Naw I'm in the same boat. One of the 30's popped but besides these the other ones are cool
Thanks NCtwin for the heads up. I took a look at the Reebok bands RFX45 recommended, these actually look like they could hold up because they are interlocking threads of like 4 strands not a single thread like the others and its only $22 for the heaviest resistance.

yoga x is no *****! nor is plyo.

day 6 for me today and one thing i have noticed is ive fixed my sleep schedule. im so tired by the end of the day there's no more 3,4,5 am nights anymore.

started yesterday - feel a bit sore today. those 30 minutes feel like an hour when you're doing it. had to use much less weights then i would at the gym... no time to recover (which is good, you don't waste any time).

Day 2 done. Plyo was crazy, I took constant breaks.
30t6p3b.gif

Is that normal? Combination of being out of shape/asthma?

Constant breaks during plyo is totally normal. Hell, constant breaks during the first few weeks is normal
laugh.gif

Your body has to get used to the kind of work that you're doing. Don't worry, you'll get stronger and you'll suprise yourself at what you're able to accomplish as the weeks go by.

Started it today for the first time. Man I'm so sore but cant wait to get back in shape. Hopefully it's worth it. Anyone wanna suggest a good recovery drink? I would like to try the p90x drink but it's kinda expensive.

quick question, i live on above someone. does p90x require alot of jumping which will bother my neighbors below me?

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

quick question, i live on above someone. does p90x require alot of jumping which will bother my neighbors below me?
Not really, only Plyometrics ... but he says jump softly anyway. 

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

As long as you have a mat to work on you should be good. I use an old rug

Originally Posted by haddix

Started it today for the first time. Man I'm so sore but cant wait to get back in shape. Hopefully it's worth it. Anyone wanna suggest a good recovery drink? I would like to try the p90x drink but it's kinda expensive.

just drink a protein shake and throw some glutamine in it. you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom