P90X Discussion

Wassup party people!! Can somebody recommend me a good, free file to dvd converter? The p90x files I downloaded are ISO files. Thanks in advance!

never seen this thread before but I'm on week 11 right now can't wait till the end of next week...results for the midsection are great...but I was already thin so I don't know.

anybody else feel like there's too much cardio in the program to really get bigger?

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

never seen this thread before but I'm on week 11 right now can't wait till the end of next week...results for the midsection are great...but I was already thin so I don't know.

anybody else feel like there's too much cardio in the program to really get bigger?

well thats the thing, its not really meant to make you bigger, which is why i stopped after round 2, i had lost a significant amount of size from my previous lifting, so now im back to good old lifting with a solid routine

not knocking p90x at all though, it just isnt for me

So I started p90x a couple weeks ago, I was basically still on week 1 but ramadan started and that's when I halted my workout completely.
I would start p90x again after ramadan, but that is going to be during College and I'll have access to free gyms during this time period.

I have not started the program yet but last night I did the full Kenpo X video... Between my shoulderblades is pretty sore today and i worked up a good sweat during the workout... im excited to get it all going.

heres a little question for u veterans:

I completely finished week 3 of the first month/phase of P90x. However, after that week, I had a summer class to finish as well spent a whole 2 days of drinking, partying, and eating terribly. Therefore I completely skipped the 4th week (recovery week of month 1/phase 1). Do you think I should just move on to week 1 of phase 2 and then make up for this missed week after the end of the 90 days? Or should I do week 4 right now and push everything back a week?

Concord Flight- I would keep it moving with whatever days you missed.

I started week 8 today. I can definitely tell I am getting slimmer, but I think I drink too much on the weekends to see the full effects. Going out and partying on the weekends FTW/L.

im really thinking of starting again, all this cardio and dieting at the gym doesnt seem to be work
frown.gif

Damn man... Only made it through the first 45 minutes of Yoga X
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

All those runners pose to this and that and twisting whatever has me shook for real.

Encouraging words?

^ Yo, I'm at the end of week 5, almost halfway done, and yogaX is my least favorite one, probably along with shoulders, back and tris. However, everything gets a lot easier as you go through. The second day of yoga is easier than the first, and the 3rd is is easier than the 2nd, etc. Plus, I got noticeably better. When I started I barely could get through any of the yoga, and now I can get through the whole thing relatively easily and I'm WAY more flexible. Stick with it and all the workouts get better, trust.

I am just now seeing this thread for the first time and thought I might add some insight.

I started P90X and got to week 10. I could see noticable changes in my physique, definition and stamina. I started working a new job( 12 hour days) and just did not have the energy when I got off to do any exercising. I am about to start again tho.

Also for those who may think P90X is too hard for you. It is not. Don't get me wrong, if you are trying to keep up with them, you will die.
But it's like Tony always says. "Do your best and forget the rest" Don't try to go in the first day and keep up with them.

My first day I tried to keep up with them on the Ab Ripper and I could not stand up straight for a week. So work your way up to their level.
Which leads me to my next point, recovery drinks. If you are going to do this program, do it right. Get recovery drinks. They really help with the soreness.

I just recently got my 58 year old dad to start. He is on week 3. If he can do it anyone can.
Knee problems, back problems?. No problem. Just odify the moves and try not to over exert yourself. Eventually your knees and back will get stronger.

Overall P90X is wonderful. Definitly a life changer. I recommend it to anyone that really want to get fit.

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

Originally Posted by beezylocks

kenpo is so wack i just skip it and i go running
replace it with plyo...thats what i did the last 4 wks

I do the Kenpo workout, but instead of punching/kicking air I actually move out to the garage and hit my punching bag. Makes the workout one of my favorites.

Late in seeing this, but I'm 3 weeks in and am enjoying it so far. I'm trying to bulk up a bit, so my diet includes a high protein count (200+ grams a day). I definitely notice a difference in stamina already, as well as more arm and ab definition. I don't care for the Yoga(even though it's in damn near every week lol), but I'm still doing it, and holding a LOT more poses than I thought I could. Like Jays said up there, do NOT push it too hard, or you will suffer the consequences. As long as you can put out an hour/hour and a half in your day, anyone can do this.

Back
Top Bottom