P90X Discussion

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

my favorite dessert is strawberry yogurt smoothie. It's terribly simple, 1tub of yogurt (372 cals, 33g protein, 0 fat) and 1 package of frozen strawberries (150 cals). Blend with the strawberries still frozen, that's what gives it it's milkshake frothiness. Add a few packets of sugar, Splenda, or apartame to taste. Sometimes I put a mango in it too. I haven't tried it subbing cottage cheese instead of yogurt, but that would be even more casein protein dense
I would say do without the sugar. THere is already enough sugar from the fruit. Also stay AWAY from those fake sugars

Damn. Okay, I'm almost done writing down/memorizing the exercises, and I'm planning to start this on March 2nd. I just learned after reading thedocuments, though, that the p90x meal plan is VITAL to see desired results. So, I'm trying to put together a phase I meal plan using their portion method,and I think this is going to be the hardest part, meeting all the protein requirements, especially in phase 1 when i'm only allowed 1 carb per day for mynutrition level. Anyone else going through their meal plan?

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Damn. Okay, I'm almost done writing down/memorizing the exercises, and I'm planning to start this on March 2nd. I just learned after reading the documents, though, that the p90x meal plan is VITAL to see desired results. So, I'm trying to put together a phase I meal plan using their portion method, and I think this is going to be the hardest part, meeting all the protein requirements, especially in phase 1 when i'm only allowed 1 carb per day for my nutrition level. Anyone else going through their meal plan?

I've kind of been fudging on the meal plan because I achieved results prior to P90x by just eating healthy. I'm probably going to incorporate more oftheir diet though, just to do it the right way and see just how exactly good this works.

b u m p

i just got it in the mail a few days ago and im going thru it all. im intimidated by the meal plan to be honest. i read it is vital but im wondering how strictyou have to stick to it. i see some of the before and after pics and the people are fat to begin with. im not obese by any means. my body fat is at 14.0% so idont need to lose too much fat to begin with. im wondering if i just improve my diet a little and go thru with this, will i still see results? my diet isntthat bad to begin with but i cant see eating the few things in this book

Originally Posted by belle155

b u m p

i just got it in the mail a few days ago and im going thru it all. im intimidated by the meal plan to be honest. i read it is vital but im wondering how strict you have to stick to it. i see some of the before and after pics and the people are fat to begin with. im not obese by any means. my body fat is at 14.0% so i dont need to lose too much fat to begin with. im wondering if i just improve my diet a little and go thru with this, will i still see results? my diet isnt that bad to begin with but i cant see eating the few things in this book

im bout 100% sure YES you will.

good luck and stick with it. again...............ive read and done my own research and the program is hard even for people who are already in shape.

b u m p

i just got it in the mail a few days ago and im going thru it all. im intimidated by the meal plan to be honest. i read it is vital but im wondering how strict you have to stick to it. i see some of the before and after pics and the people are fat to begin with. im not obese by any means. my body fat is at 14.0% so i dont need to lose too much fat to begin with. im wondering if i just improve my diet a little and go thru with this, will i still see results? my diet isnt that bad to begin with but i cant see eating the few things in this book
i didnt really follow the meal plan, but i eat fairly healthy
i didnt finish the 90 days, just did it for a couple weeks
laugh.gif
, but idefinitely saw and felt results. be prepared to be sore like a mf... the first couple days, dont be too concerned if you cant keep up with the guys or gal onthe dvd
laugh.gif

definitely gonna get back on this program

i just cant stick to it like im supposed to lol ... i gave up on the meal plan completely because im already skinny and i eat healthy enough ... i find myselfskipping yoga altogether and doing ab ripper on tuesday after a light plyo workout and thursday by itself ... this is my second week and i already see and feeldifferences ... im sticking to it for the most part

thats good to hear. yeah, i cant be THAT hardcore about the diet if its just me. i mean if i had a personal chef then it wouldnt be a problem but ill just tryto improve my diet a little and exercise with the dvds. i gotta get started soon, i want to see some results before it gets warm! i just have to plan theseworkouts out and figure out which ones i do at home and which ones i do at the gym due to my crazy work schedule.

one more question now that im thinkin. my shift at work is either 8a-4p or 2p-10p. with that being said how much time do you need between exercises? if i doone dvd on a day i work the morning shift (say i do the exercise from 9ish-11 pm) can i wake up and do another one at 10 am if i work the next night and cantget in the gym at night? (gym is only open til 11 so if i work til 10 i cant get in unless i go in the morning those days. hope that made sense but i gottaplan this around my work.

whats a legit site where i can buy the whole system including the 12 dvds nutrition plan and every thing else that comes with it for under 100$
oh and eBay is out the question, i need help on finding it for a real *recession-able* price

another question should i also cop the resistance bands? i got the pull bar but i was wondering if i need both

one more question now that im thinkin. my shift at work is either 8a-4p or 2p-10p. with that being said how much time do you need between exercises? if i do one dvd on a day i work the morning shift (say i do the exercise from 9ish-11 pm) can i wake up and do another one at 10 am if i work the next night and cant get in the gym at night? (gym is only open til 11 so if i work til 10 i cant get in unless i go in the morning those days. hope that made sense but i gotta plan this around my work.

the reason p90x works is because it focuses on different muscle groups and body parts each day ... basically, you wont work out the EXACT same muscles untilyou start the next week, let alone the next day ...

do u really need the diet plan that come with this or can u just make up a diet plan and get the same results?

I dont think you'll see the same results without the diet; it's pretty comprehensive. All those extreme transformations seen in the infomercials aredone with the aid of the diet plan provided.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I'm starting Monday. I been +***@*@%%+!# too long and let myself gain like 5lbs
I gotta wait until my this Basketball League is over before I start it

Ive done the keto diet for 2 weeks. I lost like 6 pounds of bodyfat, pretty crazy considering I am only 165, actually gained strength to, it is pretty extremethough.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Ive done the keto diet for 2 weeks. I lost like 6 pounds of bodyfat, pretty crazy considering I am only 165, actually gained strength to, it is pretty extreme though.
I heard that it has your piss smelling funny.

Man, I was on that Keto for a while. You'd think cheese, bacons, eggs, etc. would be easy to stick to, but I couldn't do it. I'd crave somethingsweet. I know Crystal Light and sugar free Jello, but just grabbing a twinkie or something is just so much easier and more convenient.

^ you can use splenda, Hell I ate cheesecake and peanut butter cookies today, there are tons of recipes out there.

Hey guys,
I just wanted to check in on the progress of people who are going through P90x. I just started it last week, and I must say that it is easily the toughestworkout I've ever done, and I consider myself to be in excellent shape to begin with before I started the program. So far, the plyometrics and chest/backroutine are the toughest by far, since they are such high intensity, and all of the chest/back exercises go to failure, pretty much. My favourites so far areYoga and X stretch (lol) because it's a much needed break from the high intensity parts of the program, and because flexibility is an area that I need toimprove. In terms of weights, my favourite routine so far is the shoulder/arm routine. Ab ripper x is pretty crazy too, but I'm getting better. The firsttime I did it, I could only do about half the amount of reps they were doing, but now I can keep up for most of it, though I do need to take some breaks still.I'm already seeing results in my midsection; lower body fat and more defined abs, and I'm only on day 2 of week 2. I'm not completely on thenutrition plan since I've been sick for 2 weeks and I need my nutrients to get better, but I'm still sticking with the principles of it. Once I getbetter, hopefully I can stick to the nutrition more strictly. I'm really excited to see what results are at the end of this thing.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Hey guys,
I just wanted to check in on the progress of people who are going through P90x. I just started it last week, and I must say that it is easily the toughest workout I've ever done, and I consider myself to be in excellent shape to begin with before I started the program. So far, the plyometrics and chest/back routine are the toughest by far, since they are such high intensity, and all of the chest/back exercises go to failure, pretty much. My favourites so far are Yoga and X stretch (lol) because it's a much needed break from the high intensity parts of the program, and because flexibility is an area that I need to improve. In terms of weights, my favourite routine so far is the shoulder/arm routine. Ab ripper x is pretty crazy too, but I'm getting better. The first time I did it, I could only do about half the amount of reps they were doing, but now I can keep up for most of it, though I do need to take some breaks still. I'm already seeing results in my midsection; lower body fat and more defined abs, and I'm only on day 2 of week 2. I'm not completely on the nutrition plan since I've been sick for 2 weeks and I need my nutrients to get better, but I'm still sticking with the principles of it. Once I get better, hopefully I can stick to the nutrition more strictly. I'm really excited to see what results are at the end of this thing.
^what multivitamins are you taking? any weight loss pills also?....and do you think the nutrition plan SHOULD be enforced? or will i be good withanother diet?

1 1/2 or so months ago i was on week 2 day 3...i was getting much better at the works until i sprained my wrist on a dirt bike

actually just finished day 1 week 1 today and couldn't finish the last 25 mins, got dizzy and felt like throwing up. which i find surpising considering ihad no problem doing it before my injury
indifferent.gif
...but it might have been because all ihad was my protein shake an hour before, a long with 1 lipo 6 pill

Mine just came in the mail today...my PowerBlock dumbbells better get here soon, too. Planning on starting the 30th.

Back
Top Bottom