Paging all nerds Vol. Space-Time continuum

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Have you ever thought about time machines? Like, REALLY thought about them? As in, why has someone from the future, NEVER come back to us? I think if we went back in time, we'd end up somewhere in outspace due to the earth moving around the sun and such...orbit or w/e.

They do all the time. That's the explanation for all the UFO sightings.

no. they don't necessarily come from the future. different dimension maybe but not the future so to speak......

Originally Posted by MissKickBack

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Have you ever thought about time machines? Like, REALLY thought about them? As in, why has someone from the future, NEVER come back to us? I think if we went back in time, we'd end up somewhere in outspace due to the earth moving around the sun and such...orbit or w/e.

They do all the time. That's the explanation for all the UFO sightings.

no. they don't necessarily come from the future. different dimension maybe but not the future so to speak......

You spoke with one of them?

I believe in fluid time. If 1999 Frank talked to the current Frank, it'd be like talking to a stranger. By talking to a future version of myself, i'dbe altering whatever timeline there was with a person who isn't familiar with whats going to happen. '99 Frank who is a freshman: Hey did we get to goout with girl X for senior prom? '09 Frank: No, we ended up going out with a girl Y who you haven't met yet.
So what if '99 Frank decided to stop following girl X right away and go after girl Y. They end up dating, but break up before the prom having never donewhat 09 Frank did. Do 09 Frank's memories instantly adapt?

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I believe in fluid time. If 1999 Frank talked to the current Frank, it'd be like talking to a stranger. By talking to a future version of myself, i'd be altering whatever timeline there was with a person who isn't familiar with whats going to happen. '99 Frank who is a freshman: Hey did we get to go out with girl X for senior prom? '09 Frank: No, we ended up going out with a girl Y who you haven't met yet.
So what if '99 Frank decided to stop following girl X right away and go after girl Y. They end up dating, but break up before the prom having never done what 09 Frank did. Do 09 Frank's memories instantly adapt?
That's the way I've come to look at time, literally the same way it is depicted in the first, maybe even second Back to the Future films. If I could have went back ten years ago and told myself everything that would happened when we got backto the States from Panama, it probably would have scared me but I really wouldn't have been surprised. Always remember:

"Tempus fugit...!"

this is your life timeline (cant make the timeline right =/)

-----------\-----------------------------------------------------------------------
..................\-------------------------------------/

if you dont understand. your choices breaks up the sequence that it was supposed to happen. like final destination. if you was supposed to die, but you didnt.you took a detour from it for a period of time and then your back on your main time line a while after.

i think people dont become lucky. i think people are born with that time line. one minor change you do now. would change the future.

man i cant explain myself right. but yeah..

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

this is your life timeline (cant make the timeline right =/)

-----------\-----------------------------------------------------------------------
..................\-------------------------------------/

if you dont understand. your choices breaks up the sequence that it was supposed to happen. like final destination. if you was supposed to die, but you didnt. you took a detour from it for a period of time and then your back on your main time line a while after.

i think people dont become lucky. i think people are born with that time line. one minor change you do now. would change the future.

man i cant explain myself right. but yeah..
Exactly. Every decision we make has a purpose and nothing is an accident, like serendipity.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

This also has some religious significance. What if in the aforementioned "real" timeline, it was proven that God and the creation story were in fact very legitimate. But as always, a few heretics displeased with the way things were traveled back in time and implanted "fossils" all over the world in such a way that, the science that is evolution would develop. I always find this theory particularly interesting because even now, we're still cant find the "missing-links" of many organisms...is it possible that they never existed to begin with...
indifferent.gif

You are aware that this group of heretics would have to have completely remodeled the entire universe in order for this to work, right?

I've honestly never read something as irking as this on NT, even if it was jokingly.

indifferent.gif

2. Quit getting your panties in a knot...it's was merely a "theory"...

3. Why would they need to "remodel" the entire Universe when they are simply altering the earth. If you want to talk about effects, then the realityof things are, the earth is a rather insignificant portion of our infinite Universe. The influence of our earth on the Universe can be likened to the influenceof a fly on the entire human race...

Any significant effects to occur will most likely be temporal in nature...and if that's your case, then realize that every journey back and forward in timewill result in these temporal disturbances...not just a journey where dinosaur fossils are implanted within the Earth's crust...If your argument hinges onthe "development of evolution", once again realize that evolution is only significant in the context of the planet earth. Therefore, outside ofearth, evolution is arguably null...

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, we have a lot of time left on his earth we are not going to see all the "missing links". lost my thought on this.

My Thought on space travel is it is probably possible in the most literal sense in the brain-mind, you know how they can connect into our heads now, i see thistechnology being a time-machine like outcome, only using 10% of our brains? we definitely store all of our awareness of our surroundings and what we'vedone so to say in our lives and could find a way too go back through our own minds, not a car like machine

This also has some religious significance. What if in the aforementioned "real" timeline, it was proven that God and the creation story were in fact very legitimate. But as always, a few heretics displeased with the way things were traveled back in time and implanted "fossils" all over the world in such a way that, the science that is evolution would develop. I always find this theory particularly interesting because even now, we're still cant find the "missing-links" of many organisms...is it possible that they never existed to begin with...
indifferent.gif

You are aware that this group of heretics would have to have completely remodeled the entire universe in order for this to work, right?

I've honestly never read something as irking as this on NT, even if it was jokingly.

indifferent.gif

3. Why would they need to "remodel" the entire Universe when they are simply altering the earth. If you want to talk about effects, then the reality of things are, the earth is a rather insignificant portion of our infinite Universe. The influence of our earth on the Universe can be likened to the influence of a fly on the entire human race...

Any significant effects to occur will most likely be temporal in nature...and if that's your case, then realize that every journey back and forward in time will result in these temporal disturbances...not a just a journey where dinosaur fossils are implanted within the Earth's crust...

To the guy who said you never read a single of this man's posts: You need to start. Anyone who's ever dabbled in physics or even analyzedpragmatic science fiction could tell you the implications of trying to communication with your past or future selves.

Originally Posted by StreetZDreaM

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, we have a lot of time left on his earth we are not going to see all the "missing links". lost my thought on this.

My Thought on space travel is it is probably possible in the most literal sense in the brain-mind, you know how they can connect into our heads now, i see this technology being a time-machine like outcome, only using 10% of our brains? we definitely store all of our awareness of our surroundings and what we've done so to say in our lives and could find a way too go back through our own minds, not a car like machine

That barely makes sense. And that's coming from me. When they say we only use 10 % of our brains, what I assume itmeans is that 90% of our brain's true ability is just plain incomprehensible to our conscious mind. We use 100% of our brain give or take, but can onlydecipher 10% of what we're doing when we're using that 100%. I can't see us changing physics on some Dr.Strage type *#$!, but I can imagine certain "super powers" that we don't really know we have, word to Spider Sense, heightened spatial awarenessor dexterity, and other powers of the mind.

My Thought on space travel is it is probably possible in the most literal sense in the brain-mind, you know how they can connect into our heads now, i see this technology being a time-machine like outcome, only using 10% of our brains? we definitely store all of our awareness of our surroundings and what we've done so to say in our lives and could find a way too go back through our own minds, not a car like machine
That's what I was trying to convey in another one of the posts that popped up this week. I envision our brains as video game systems.

As infants, we are only Nintendo's... If even that. More like Game Boy Classics.

Then, as we develop we become Nintendo's. (8-bit)

Through adolescence and puberty, this multiplies. We now have Super Nintendo's. (16-bit)

Through a little more progression we become Virtual Boy's. (32-Bit)

During our late-teens / early-adulthood, we hopefully reach enlightenment, and become Nintendo 64's. (64-bit)

Assuming we stay disease free, we can advance even further using the same console. We now have a Nintendo 64DD (64-bit plus the imported Japanese Disc Drive.)

We keep working for years, and finally, it happens: We're sharper than ever. We are now GameCube's.

Unfortunately, our lives are now in twilight. Our physical shells are weak but our internal memory is immaculate. We are close to death, but cannot stop theinevitable. We are now Wii's, and can actually perceive and interact with exponential numerical realities.

I hope that wasn't too abstract for everyone...
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Interesting theory. Interesting discussion.

I will let all of you smart people figure out the details. just let me know when you come up with something and I will take part in that

But that's the funny and interesting thing though...How do you know someone hasn't come back in time already. How do you know that a whole group of people from the future don't come back to the past to "vacation". Furthermore, how can you be sure that major events in our present timeline weren't initiated by some future "force" in hopes of altering the future.

Realtalk, sometimes I think about slavery in this manner. For all we know, the African continent in the "real" timeline, was the most powerful continent in the world. And unhappy with this situation, a group of "white" rebels journeyed into the past and changed the fate of Africa to what it is now...

Right, I have thought of that.. people that come back to visit... just passing us by on the streets daily, making sure their wardrobe is correctly dated. Iknow I would come back in time and look at myself when I was like 8 or 9 or something. But, that's also to say, they can't because anything they dowill alter time so to speak..

for instance.. you press against some glass to look into a restaurant where you and your girl had your first date (You are watching yourself from the past). You watch and then move on, but.. you left like a smudge on the glass or something, and maybe a waiter or someone was told to go outside to clean with fingerprints off. Maybe that waiter was told previously to refill your girls w ater, now yo girl got an attitude because it seems he/she disregarded to get her adrink. Now the convo you were about to break into with your girl is diverted and you are now trying to tell her to chill out.. and you both begin to argue...and maybe break up. Now your Son isn't born, you no longer have those recipies from your mother-in-law, your bro-in-law is no longer there to come over toplay Madden..

I really think is that easy to disturb time.. maybe that's why no one does it. Butterfly effect right?

That slavery thing tho is scary.. I really want to bring that up in person at a point in life. Not saying that myself as a black man is greater than a whiteman because we excell at a lot of Physical activies at a greater level for the most part.. but that going back in time to right the future is crazy. It kindof wouldn't have made sense though. Who would give the proper authority for someone to go back to change the world? Maybe there's a dimension whereAsian's discover America, and white people are brought over as slaves? It can be flipped for any race really. Crazy.. I love thinking of stuff like thisthough. It would seem that ever major event would be placed in time to happen to lead or, to kind of numb our conscious to be able to take in something suchas alien's coming back. Over the years, possibly, "pieces" of things will be leaked out, so that when it actually happens, we'd be more atan enlightened state, rather than a state of shock.

I'm just sayin' tho..

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Aside from the use of uber WACK nintendo product, I followed you perfectly fine.
LOL... If Sega was still making hardware, I would've used them as an example
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

3. Why would they need to "remodel" the entire Universe when they are simply altering the earth. If you want to talk about effects, then the reality of things are, the earth is a rather insignificant portion of our infinite Universe. The influence of our earth on the Universe can be likened to the influence of a fly on the entire human race...

Any significant effects to occur will most likely be temporal in nature...and if that's your case, then realize that every journey back and forward in time will result in these temporal disturbances...not a just a journey where dinosaur fossils are implanted within the Earth's crust...

To the guy who said you never read a single of this man's posts: You need to start. Anyone who's ever dabbled in physics or even analyzed pragmatic science fiction could tell you the implications of trying to communication with your past or future selves.
I never once mentioned anything having to do with "communication" between past/present/future aspects. If your definition ofcommunication is simply the interaction of future aspects with past and present aspects, then this whole thread is useless. I mean, why consider thepossibilities when you're going to introduce such a definite and supreme concept...clearly we know bad things happen when the future and past/presentcommunicate, but i figured for the sake of this thread/discussion, a guy was allowed to suggest "possibilities"...sheessshhh...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

To the guy who said you never read a single of this man's posts: You need to start. Anyone who's ever dabbled in physics or even analyzed pragmatic science fiction could tell you the implications of trying to communication with your past or future selves.
I never once mentioned anything having to do with "communication" between past/present/future aspects. If your definition of communication is simply the interaction of future aspects with past and present aspects, then this whole thread is useless. I mean, why consider the possibilities when you're going to introduce such a definite and supreme concept...clearly we know bad things happen when the future and past/present communicate, but i figured for the sake of this thread/discussion, a guy was allowed to suggest "possibilities"...sheessshhh...
tired.gif

Touche. I didn't mean 'communication' in terms of the literal connotations the term possesses, but rather the surreal and ethereal. I stand corrected.

indifferent.gif

Any significant effects to occur will most likely be temporal in nature...and if that's your case, then realize that every journey back and forward in time will result in these temporal disturbances...not just a journey where dinosaur fossils are implanted within the Earth's crust...If your argument hinges on the "development of evolution", once again realize that evolution is only significant in the context of the planet earth. Therefore, outside of earth, evolution is arguably null...
wink.gif

2. It wasn't personal or anything. I've just honestly never read anything that has irked me as much as that. Don't get your choppa suit caught upin a knot.

3. Because other planets obviously have evolution on a molecular level. Hence, burning hyrogen, then carbon, then converting into ??? depending on their size.

I wasn't really speaking on the part about changing aspects of the past. That, I can dig. It was the religious aspect of the evolution thing. It hadnothing to do with anything intergalactic. You completely misunderstood the reason for my post.

Naa, i understand, but i know for certain when things are going in certain directions now and thats just off mind and body connection, but i think of my mindand it seems limitless to the extent of the real world now moving objects and things, but i might be crazy i haven't figured it out yet, but what areemotions and how do you feel when something is real? theres so many connections and were not conscious of them? maybe the mind body inside isn't whole butwhen you can in sync them is when your one and at your heightened level of awareness

like i said i might be crazy for real, but i was just thinking this earlier. i love thinking

my thoughts on time travel

it would have to open a different timeline, take for example the history of its invention (should it be invented)

As of 4/25/2009, for arguments sake, lets just put down that time travel HAS NOT been invented yet

If however on 4/25/2010, time travel is finally achieved, the record books would note that time travel is finally applicable on 4/25/2010

Lets say on 4/25/2010, they travel back in time to 4/25/2009, or perhaps ANY date before 4/25/2010, history would overwrite itself saying that time travel isachievable on whatever date before 4/25/2010 they happened to go back to.

YET....in the timeline in which it was invented, time travel was not possible BEFORE it was invented (on 4/25/2010), so when they get to their destination inprevious time, the technology, the method, and whatever else was put together on 4/25/2010 is simply not possible.

HERE IS THE THING
Would this traveling back in time open up a parallel dimension in which time travel was invented and recognized as of the day they go back, and X-amount ofuniverses are opened up the further they go back in time, OR is it simply a law of the universe that time travel can only go FORWARD.

That is my theory, as to why people haven't traveled back in time yet (just assuming they haven't)...because in our current timeline, it has yet to beinvented. Should it be invented, I feel that we can only go forward in time and backwards to the exact moment in which we first went forward.

Naa, i understand, but i know for certain when things are going in certain directions now and thats just off mind and body connection, but i think of my mind and it seems limitless to the extent of the real world now moving objects and things, but i might be crazy i haven't figured it out yet, but what are emotions and how do you feel when something is real? theres so many connections and were not conscious of them? maybe the mind body inside isn't whole but when you can in sync them is when your one and at your heightened level of awareness

like i said i might be crazy for real, but i was just thinking this earlier. i love thinking
I totally understand you. We discussed this in AP Psychology senior year of high school, and our instructor was describing to us the differentforms of 'genius' and mental strength.

Most people think of geniuses as Stephen Hawking, Einstein, and Booker T. Washington, because of what they could do mentally. Some even point to Mozart, DaVinci, and other legendary artists.

But what about people like Allen Iverson, or Jerry Rice? How about Tiger Woods and Steve Nash?

Physically, they tap into something that links their innermost thoughts with their physical and spiritual rhythms. When Iverson dropped more than 50 on thePistons years ago in the playoffs, he was in a zone. When the GOAT was making devastating plays in Super Bowls, he was in a zone. When Tiger won his firstMasters in '97, he was in a zone. When Steve Nash commandeered the Suns to a playoff berth after they had been floundering the season before, he was in azone.

There's something we can tap into, if we just believe and work hard at it. You can call it whatever you want...

Thoughts on the creation story that someone mentioned some posts ago...

It's said that everything was created in 7 days, but what if a "day" in the Garden of Eden wasn't the 24-hour day we have on Earth? What if a"day" in the Garden was maaaaad long, and evolution of man was a part of that day in which man was created?

Anyways, on the topic of time travel - this *+*% is blowing my mind. Keep posting.

Back
Top Bottom