Parking Spot Ettiquette.

How do you deal with a situation when someone "steals" your parking spot? For example, I had a class where I was about 30 mins early. So I wait around for a spot and find a girl who is leaving a row over as I drive up to park another car zoomed up and took it. I was pretty mad but another spot opened up right next to it which I then Ofcoursed park in. Now my question to you is how would you handle it if that spot didn't open up ??? Me personally I dont know if I would fight over something simple like a parking spot.

just keep driving along and proceed with my day, no need for a "when keeping it real goes wrong" moment

If I get mad I get even. Don't got anything off the top of my head so it'd be spur of the moment retaliation. Nothing to crazy though.

Stealing parking spots shows a lack of respect. Don't just take the disrespect.

key the *%%# out of his car
indifferent.gif

My neighbor/landlord is a disgusting human being. Down to the core. Parking if VERY difficult to find where I live. She has 2 cars so when there is a huge spot she parks right in the middle of it taking both spots. When her husband comes home she'll move up and let him take the saved spot. Blatent lack of respect for the entire neighborhood. Essentially telling everyone "I don't care if you have to circle the block for 40 minutes or park half a mile away and walk."

She even has an illegally acquired handicap permit so that she doesn't have to worry about alternate side parking/meter tickets.

endrant

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

My neighbor/landlord is a disgusting human being. Down to the core. Parking if VERY difficult to find where I live. She has 2 cars so when there is a huge spot she parks right in the middle of it taking both spots. When her husband comes home she'll move up and let him take the saved spot. Blatent lack of respect for the entire neighborhood. Essentially telling everyone "I don't care if you have to circle the block for 40 minutes or park half a mile away and walk."

She even has an illegally acquired handicap permit so that she doesn't have to worry about alternate side parking/meter tickets.

endrant
the illegal handicap thing is one thing, but i dont see a problem with what she is doing in terms of "saving" a spot, shes just playing the game.

I have no idea how people could do that? If I stole someones parking spot, I'd be afraid to leave my car all alone. There are enough stupid people out there that does stupid crap to other people car w/o cause, who knows what others who are legitimately pissed would do to your car.

On my campus, the student body has outgrown the on-campus parking lot, so at high-traffic times it is a complete cluster-&?$@. What some people seem to think is proper is to sit at the end of a row and wait for parking spot to open up (they think they have claim to the first spot that opens up because they have been sitting there). I have had a few people get mad at me because I just drive around them and if there is a spot that I'm closest to i take it. Mind you, there are more people looking for spots than there are rows. Thoughts on this?

Happened to me and my brother. We were obviously waiting for the spot and this lady goes right past us and swoops the spot. A minute later my brother is halfway out the window screaming "$@% thats how yall feel? Did u not see us waiting!"
laugh.gif
so he keeps yelling and ranting until a nice lady knocks on my window and politely offered her spot. Then we went about our day.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

On my campus, the student body has outgrown the on-campus parking lot, so at high-traffic times it is a complete cluster-&?$@. What some people seem to think is proper is to sit at the end of a row and wait for parking spot to open up (they think they have claim to the first spot that opens up because they have been sitting there). I have had a few people get mad at me because I just drive around them and if there is a spot that I'm closest to i take it. Mind you, there are more people looking for spots than there are rows. Thoughts on this?
I think what you are doing is fair game.  you cant call dibs on an entire friggin row.  its one thing to creep, and creep slowly in the hopes that a parking spot opens up, but you cant just sit there and make everyone else wait.

parking is a luck of the draw kinda game.  sometimes you are creeping and a spot opens up just as you passed by.  so be it,  you lose.  the person behind you wins.  there is no stopping and there is no backing up.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I have no idea how people could do that? If I stole someones parking spot, I'd be afraid to leave my car all alone. There are enough stupid people out there that does stupid crap to other people car w/o cause, who knows what others who are legitimately pissed would do to your car.
Agreed, I have moved my car after inadvertently taking a spot someone else thought was theirs or after noticing another driver getting heated for some reason.
I don't need some knucklehead getting revenge on my car after I walk away.

step 1. whip it out

step 2. whip it

step 3. aim cannon at door handle

step 4. spray knuckle-children in pivot motion

step 5. stand back, observe masterpiece

step 6. view from a safe distance as the victim struggles to grasp their freshly glazed handle

step 7. take pics (be sure to get close-ups of the jizz) post to NT, be legend

I WOULDA NORMALLY JUST POPPED TIRES BUT IM GROWN NOW...AND SOMETIME $#* GETS REAL LIKE THIS...

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

endrant
the illegal handicap thing is one thing, but i dont see a problem with what she is doing in terms of "saving" a spot, shes just playing the game.

Ya, I agree, saving a spot isn't a bad thing at all 

I'm lucky to say that I've never gotten into a dispute over a parking spot.

Lord knows I have a temper, I don't even want to know what I would do.

went with a lady friend of mine to some party last year, some other females took the parking spot and had an attitude when i polietly told them they took the parking space.

after drinking the night away upon leaving i key'd a happy face onto their car and pee'd on both door handles when i realized their car was still there and those were the females who told me that they could do whatever they wanted and could care less about stealing a parking space.

two words:

brake fluid

but seriously, i have a bad temper myself. it never happened to me but it did to my aunt and i was a passenger. We yelled at the guy but he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. I did the same thing as i walked by his car with my knife peeled his paint like it was lemon zest for a drink garnish.

I wouldnt do #%!%. I mean what are you gonna do? Go to war over a parking spot?

I was waiting for a spot at the gas station but i wasnt directly behind the person i was waiting for becuase i didnt want to block the traffic in and out of the gas station
so some lady is about to pull in but then sees me and asks if im waiting i say yes and she moves on
a minute or two later some guy comes and pulls up into the spot. i was gunna retaliate but i was like whatever &*^% it.
i couple min later another spot opened up.

i knew the guy didnt do it on purpose because as i was filling up someone else swooped in on a spot that someone was waiting for and this guy went and told him to !*%% lol

moral of the story its a parking spot wait another min and avoid the drama

Back
Top Bottom