Paycheck to Paycheck or WealthBoyz?

Not being sexist but women are bad with money. They act on impulse and not logic.
This is funny coming from someone that posts on a forum in which people (admittedly so) irrationally spend money on shoes they don't even need.

It is a person to person thing because many of men are horrible with money and spend just to impress others.

Keeping up with the Jones's , you think that phrase was established during a time where women were making their own money? Nah.

Dude I literally saw one of these kids at the u of m (tons of rich Chinese kids) pushing an r8 with a supreme wrap. :lol:

I was in Vegas during Chinese New Year. It was wild, everyone had these tiny dogs walking around draped in supreme. Even the grandmas were wearing weird supreme/ Gucci mismatch combos. I was slightly jealous, like damn when I’m 80 I want to rock 10k in clothes that don’t match whatsoever.

Supreme was created by the CIA to measure the lengths in which a brand can maximize the number of ways they can offer a product to consumers.

It HAS to be some type of test study done by someone up top.

Only way to excuse the stuff I see sold/bought related to it .

This is funny coming from someone that posts on a forum in which people (admittedly so) irrationally spend money on shoes they don't even need.

It is a person to person thing because many of men are horrible with money and spend just to impress others.

Keeping up with the Jones's , you think that phrase was established during a time where women were making their own money? Nah.
I often wonder how many of us actually still collect sneakers like we did when we first joined NT.

I've been out of the game for close to a decade now. Just stuck around for the *******. Nowadays I'm either wearing some beat up vans, Espezials, chucks, or some black/white Blazers if I'm not wearing dress shoes.

The vast majority of women couldn't care less about a guy wearing heat. Same way dudes couldn't care less about a girl having a Michael Kors bag or any other fashion trend they succumb to. They just want you to be presentable, confident, and available.

Supreme was created by the CIA to measure the lengths in which a brand can maximize the number of ways they can offer a product to consumers.

It HAS to be some type of test study done by someone up top.

Only way to excuse the stuff I see sold/bought related to it .

So you're not gonna buy a Supreme door stopper for $79?

Definitely don't care about sneakers like that anymore.

I go into the Toronto thread and those cats are going crazy at new drops and I'm there reading posts like

giphy (2).gif

What? Who?

What do you guys think a good amount to be saved by 30 is? Same or more as your age?

I’m a few years away from 30..I live at home still and am trying to take advantage of it as much as I can

Yeah there's no right answer here. Too many variables.

Then immediately after posts about his male friend’s reckless spending.

I often wonder how many of us actually still collect sneakers like we did when we first joined NT.

I've been out of the game for close to a decade now. Just stuck around for the ****ery. Nowadays I'm either wearing some beat up vans, Espezials, chucks, or some black/white Blazers if I'm not wearing dress shoes.

The vast majority of women couldn't care less about a guy wearing heat. Same way dudes couldn't care less about a girl having a Michael Kors bag or any other fashion trend they succumb to. They just want you to be presentable, confident, and available.

NT called me crazy when I said dudes buy sneakers to impress other men MORE than they do to impress women.

Everything is heavily overpriced here, from Boston all the way to almost Worcester. I don't know why this state thinks it's southern California or something.
I went looking for apartments in Back Bay and Cambridge. **** was starting at $2500 for a 1 bedroom place. I'm not one to always bash tech companies for inflation of house prices because I've been in the tech industry my whole life, but god damn it Boston should not be that expensive.

NT called me crazy when I said dudes buy sneakers to impress other men MORE than they do to impress women.
That's because you're 100% correct and a lot of dudes can't reconcile that in their minds.

Girls care about you having the most hyped shoes just about as much as you care about them keeping up with the latest fashion trends. Actually that's not even true...they care even less.

They'll never admit it, but dudes that take that much stock in keeping up with the Joneses/the latest fashion trends have a ton of feminine tendencies that most girls don't even like.

i blame the school system for not teaching kids about finance

i know when i was in 1-12 grade they didnt teach me nothing about money cuz it "offends" parents.

When I first started my Financial consulting business in 2017, teaching financial literacy seminars in high schools has always been a goal of mine that I'm still diligently working hard towards. Unfortunately, there's so many hurdles I have to go through in order to do so. I think it's criminal that young adults, esp. in urban communities, lack the basic knowledge of personal finance. I'm hoping to change that in the near future. It's important.

I went looking for apartments in Back Bay and Cambridge. **** was starting at $2500 for a 1 bedroom place. I'm not one to always bash tech companies for inflation of house prices because I've been in the tech industry my whole life, but god damn it Boston should not be that expensive.

Housing is over priced, public transportation sucks, traffic is worse, night life is buns, people are rude. Only good things about it are the schools, hospitals and decent companies to work for like tripadvisor and Wayfair.

What do you guys think a good amount to be saved by 30 is? Same or more as your age?

I’m a few years away from 30..I live at home still and am trying to take advantage of it as much as I can

Definitely no set amount. Key is to start saving as early as possible to benefit from the compound interest effect. That **** is a game changer over the long run.

I get asked this question a lot and the answer is, there is no answer. Everything depends on the individual's situation and various factors: How much money you make? Your expenses? How much you contribute to the household? Your Debt (Student Loans, etc.) Where you live? etc.

However, saving should be your primary focus if you're still living at home by 30. I've advised some clients who are 30+ to move back home, if possible, to help manage debt.

Moral of the story, if you're still living at your parents house, save save save.

I guess people can’t just genuinely love shoes. Having a hobby and buying what you like signifies feminine qualities and the desire to impress other men.

Why are y’all dudes so miserable man :lol:
Who the **** said that?

If you just genuinely love shoes, then by all means do you. I'm talking about the dudes that are doing it as a means to stunt and be up on the next man.

I still have an interest in shoes, I just don't care about the latest hyped releases anymore. I'd rather wear a classic, timeless, tasteful shoe than some flash in the pan to get "ooh"s and "ahh"s from hypebeasts. That's the difference.

I get asked this question a lot and the answer is, there is no answer. Everything depends on the individual's situation and various factors: How much money you make? Your expenses? How much you contribute to the household? Your Debt (Student Loans, etc.) Where you live? etc.

However, saving should be your primary focus if you're still living at home by 30. I've advised some clients who are 30+ to move back home, if possible, to help manage debt.

Moral of the story, if you're still living at your parents house, save save save.

I moved to another country at 24 and Regret not taking advantage of savings when I was at home smh

I guess people can’t just genuinely love shoes. Having a hobby and buying what you like signifies feminine qualities and the desire to impress other men.

Why are y’all dudes so miserable man :lol:

Lol it’s true tho. It’s a male dominated culture and barring something popular like some Off-White ish, the average female won’t even know you if you have on ‘99 4s over some ‘19 joints.

I don’t see kicks any different from guns or sports cars which you ideally see majority males in so I don’t get the whole female tendency part.

Hobby is a hobby.

Stock trading funds my savings account

I withdraw my capital gains the following day split it between two savings account 50/50

(Savings to get a nice condo downtown)

Also started investing in REITS
This year I don’t throw a lot of money into it $10 weekly but it’s cool to get .06 for each share
I remember when I had a couple stacks in a capital one savings account and couldn’t even get $1 back in interest

It’s not gonna be that bad, people are just moving to the metro from the country because there is no jobs out there.

How many people do you know from Minneapolis here? We’re all moving out and they are coming in. :lol:

Those condos and houses are selling. :lol: they aren’t building them for no reason.

I can’t really comment on the wages here unless you’re talking blue collar, entry level is 60k. 100k+ is easily doable once you got a few years in. All my friends are self employed or tradesmen. If you aren’t lazy you’ll be good.
I know a lot and we all out!

The cost of living x cold is enough reason. I actually came back from Norcal believe it or not, not making that mistake again :lol:......Economy, schools here are great but yeah....not enough to freeze my *** off!

Nice work buying in St. Paul, If I didn't know I was leaving I would have purchased there.

Lol it’s true tho. It’s a male dominated culture and barring something popular like some Off-White ish, the average female won’t even know you if you have on ‘99 4s over some ‘19 joints.

I don’t see kicks any different from guns or sports cars which you ideally see majority males in so I don’t get the whole female tendency part.

Hobby is a hobby.
I think one could make a similar argument about cars. Wasn't there a poll done not too long ago where most women indicated they preferred pickup trucks rather than sports cars?

If you're into sports cars and shoes, be into sports cars and shoes. Just don't sit here and pretend like they're attracting women/impressing anyone outside of that circle.

Stock trading funds my savings account

I withdraw my capital gains the following day split it between two savings account 50/50

(Savings to get a nice condo downtown)

Also started investing in REITS
This year I don’t throw a lot of money into it $10 weekly but it’s cool to get .06 for each share
I remember when I had a couple stacks in a capital one savings account and couldn’t even get $1 back in interest

This is how the game is played

My entire long-term savings account is in a handful of mutual funds, even with the Q1 dip im still up 7% on the year

Thinking of getting back into it myself rather than funds and start trading options

Back
Top Bottom