Paycheck to Paycheck or WealthBoyz?

i blame the school system for not teaching kids about finance

i know when i was in 1-12 grade they didnt teach me nothing about money cuz it "offends" parents.

and sex is offensive as well
It's by design. They purposefully don't teach this because if people were financially savvy, the economy would collapse. Our economy has gotten to a point where it needs people to keep consuming mindlessly.

Social media like IG is the greatest thing to happen to capitalism. People spend frivolously on vacations and things just to show off

That mainland china money is serious. I dont mind having a wealthy foreign head tax or at least increase the investor immigrant path dollar requirment to at least $5 million per head.

Man, it's ridiculous how loaded those folks are.

Same people that'll wire their kids half a mill just cuz they asked. Goofy kids dipped in supreme riding around in lambos and ****.

Same people that'll wire their kids half a mill just cuz they asked. Goofy kids dipped in supreme riding around in lambos and ****.

Dude I literally saw one of these kids at the u of m (tons of rich Chinese kids) pushing an r8 with a supreme wrap. :lol:

I was in Vegas during Chinese New Year. It was wild, everyone had these tiny dogs walking around draped in supreme. Even the grandmas were wearing weird supreme/ Gucci mismatch combos. I was slightly jealous, like damn when I’m 80 I want to rock 10k in clothes that don’t match whatsoever.

This thread is super inspiring. I was about to start a sleeve that would've cost ~$7,000. Saw this thread and decided against it.

If you can afford to throw out 7 for a tattoo, you're either living that life, or wrong as hell.

Either a humble brag, or stunting with ya pops money.

Dont think there's an in between.

If you can afford to throw out 7 for a tattoo, you're either living that life, or wrong as hell.

Not really. A credit card company or bank would gladly open up an account or hand out that personal loan for the interest on top.

You can spend money you don't have.

This is the dumbest **** I've seen here in a while.
You get why they call it savings and advise people not to touch savings? So people with $20,000 worth of savings are all living the dream or living off papa's money ?

How do you know I haven't been saving for years only to have $7,000 in my savings account?
Get your logic right before calling people out. My whole post was stating how stupid it was for me to want to drop $7,000 on a sleeve. If I had pop's money or living the dream, I wouldn't think twice about $7,000. Sit down.

Save as much as I can without giving up any of my interest. If I see a nice bottle of scotch/bourbon, I’ll spend whatever I have to budget be dam. Lifes too short to be saving up for a rainy day you may never get to see.
I’m like half and half on this mentality. I’m just happy lots of material things do nothing for me. Could buy another car and just don’t want to. Could grab the 4K OLED any day of the week but don’t want to. Hope things stay this way

People need to learn to live within their means and stop being mindless consumers buying dumb ish.

I do make my money off of people's stupidity though.

I have a friend that just moved to a luxury apartment and is paying $2700 a month plus utilities just to be closer to his girl he met about a year ago. She contributes a bit. I asked him if he could afford the place if the relationship goes sour, he said no :smh:

My girl & I are looking to buying a house renting now but in about a year’s time we should be making choices. Taking this year to pay off our debt, & stop renting. Anyways, I guess the first thing we agreed on is to only get a house we can afford even if the other one isn’t working. I get hurt/sick/die or vice-versa.

Don’t necessarily have money saved, but am a month ahead on bills. April is completely paid, get paid tomorrow & working on May’s bills. Any extra money left over is sent to debt. Trying to be debt free by the end of the year.

This is the dumbest **** I've seen here in a while.
You get why they call it savings and advise people not to touch savings? So people with $20,000 worth of savings are all living the dream or living off papa's money ?

How do you know I haven't been saving for years only to have $7,000 in my savings account?
Get your logic right before calling people out. My whole post was stating how stupid it was for me to want to drop $7,000 on a sleeve. If I had pop's money or living the dream, I wouldn't think twice about $7,000. Sit down.

Woah there buddy.

I gave you two scenarios, I wasn't calling you out.

I was just saying you were either good with money or a dumb ***.

If you got the coin do you boo boo.

And yes, 20k in savings is pretty good.

I know. Worst case scenario, China's wealth gap is structured like a 3rd World Country. So 10% ultra rich, 90 % poor.

So you have 1.3 Billion People. 10% of that population (130 Million People) belongs to a household with an average net worth of $10 million dollars.

You have 130 million people belonging to households that is worth $10M roaming around the world buying up housing. HOLY SHIIIII.... That's a giant country of super rich folks on it's own.

Plus, a lot of them are new money ever since China joined the WTO in 2001. It literally is ghetto fabulous. Bottom of the barrel Chinese folks, and now, they are on top of the ladder.

What do you guys think a good amount to be saved by 30 is? Same or more as your age?

I’m a few years away from 30..I live at home still and am trying to take advantage of it as much as I can

I remembered when I worked as a personal banker, saw folks coming in dressed rich, but was arguing with me to get their 35.00 OD fee reversed. Saw their statements and saw that they spent their entire check over the weekend.

Next person I helped looked like an avg Joe with multiple accounts with over 350k looking to add his kids as beneficiaries.

To each its own.

Speaking about the rich mainland China kids, they're rude as f*38 with so much $ to blow. I remember one time, kid walked in a day before and opened a student checking account, the following day he comes in to get a cashiers check for 250k made out to British Motors SF. Wire came in from back home at Bank of China, I believe. Tellers told me it was a 500k wire to cover the car and insurance while they studied abroad. It was the kids first car in America. :lol:

What do you guys think a good amount to be saved by 30 is? Same or more as your age?

I’m a few years away from 30..I live at home still and am trying to take advantage of it as much as I can

I don’t really feel like there is a correct answer to that.

Save what you can becasue you might need it one day or you can just buy a house straight away when you move out of your parents.

Back
Top Bottom