Paycheck to Paycheck or WealthBoyz?

It’s the long game but y’all really get your bread ready for the housing crash in a decade or 2...once the gentrifiers and the youngins that’s moving into the city start having kids grade school age and/or get tired of city life they running right back out to the burbs and leaving cities for dead again like the 70’s and 80’s ...it’s a cycle and that’s the real come up right there

You can contribute more than monetarily so the notion of if ya girl ain’t working get rid of her is not that simple.

It’s very rewarding to know ya house held down, ya little ones safe, and the household duties are taken care.

Thats time and money you don’t have to spend which can be more valuable than a bs job just to bring a extra check in.

I’m fortunate to be able to invest but our fortune can change on a dime.

Do not want to ever be in a position missing mortgage and bill payments or not having healthcare. We need a better support system for our people in need.

I’m fortunate to be able to invest but our fortune can change on a dime.

Do not want to ever be in a position missing mortgage and bill payments or not having healthcare. We need a better support system for our people in need.
Healthcare, child care, education should all be “free” ...we already get taxed but still gotta pay outta pocket for these things anyway, but that’s how most ppl in America been brainwashed to want things :{

It’s the long game but y’all really get your bread ready for the housing crash in a decade or 2...once the gentrifiers and the youngins that’s moving into the city start having kids grade school age and/or get tired of city life they running right back out to the burbs and leaving cities for dead again like the 70’s and 80’s ...it’s a cycle and that’s the real come up right there

Foreign buyers are going ham up here. Vancouver taxing them like crazy, they've move to buying up housing in Toronto and Montreal.

All these condos downtown are poorly made too. Fixtures and all that straight trash. My boys used to work on some near the CN tower/SkyDome and they'd tell me how **** they are. Walls super thin. They're just in a rush to put em up. Every corner they're building. Swear I don't go to an area for a week and come back and there's a new highrise up :lol: :{

Heard of people spending 8-900k on a unit and then spending another 200k on renovations

Foreign buyers are going ham up here. Vancouver taxing them like crazy, they've move to buying up housing in Toronto and Montreal.

All these condos downtown are poorly made too. Fixtures and all that straight trash. My boys used to work on some near the CN tower/SkyDome and they'd tell me how **** they are. Walls super thin. They're just in a rush to put em up. Every corner they're building. Swear I don't go to an area for a week and come back and there's a new highrise up :lol: :smh:

Heard of people spending 8-900k on a unit and then spending another 200k on renovations
Telling u wo, just keep stacking and put some bread away that u won’t miss for another 10 years or so ...you’ll be copping those same properties for minimum half off

Too bad we was too young in the 90’s and early 00’s, that’s not that long ago but that’s when alotta the ppl behind these new condos and luxury apartments in the cities came up

Last edited:
It's also good to remember that you're not the only one out there struggling. You're part of the majority. Most folks our age have $0 in savings (and actually it's probably negative because of school loans, car notes, etc).

Some times it feels like the walls are closing in and you're not gonna be able to pay that bill, you don't know what you're gonna do. That can be a dark and lonely feeling. Especially during this social media culture where everyone is stunting like they couldn't be any happier. That's usually not true.

That's not an excuse to accept your circumstances, but don't blame yourself if you're going through it and remember you're not alone.

Up until I was like 21-22 I was living paycheck to paycheck bc I was spending it all on nonsense. Woke up to that **** real quick lol

Hmm. I never really thought about buying a house in Texas but still staying here.

How does that work?

I was lucky and smart enough to know saving money would only benefit me in the long run, so, I started saving religiously starting at 18 and opening up a credit card at 18 as well (32 now).

Even with a college degree, I am just scraping by. After rent, bills, food and all the other necessities are paid off, I probably have $150 to myself. It's just so hard to spend less than what you earn nowadays because of inflation and cost of living. I'm in Massachusetts and it's extremely hard here. Add the fact that I live on my own and everything gets taken care of by me and only me only adds to the stress.

Luckily, I have about $8k in student loans left to pay. I've made some smart financial decisions but I'm not making enough to justify anything.

Last edited:
I was lucky and smart enough to know saving money would only benefit me in the long run, so, I started saving religiously starting at 18 and opening up a credit card at 18 as well (32 now).

Even with a college degree, I am just scraping by. After rent, bills, food and all the other necessities are paid off, I probably have $150 to myself. It's just so hard to spend less than what you earn nowadays because of inflation and cost of living. I'm in Massachusetts and it's extremely hard here. Add the fact that I live on my own and everything gets taken care of by me and only me only adds to the stress.

Luckily, I have about $8k in student loans left to pay. I've made some smart financial decisions but I'm not making enough to justify anything.

Everything is heavily overpriced here, from Boston all the way to almost Worcester. I don't know why this state thinks it's southern California or something.

People need to learn to live within their means and stop being mindless consumers buying dumb ish.

I do make my money off of people's stupidity though.

I have a friend that just moved to a luxury apartment and is paying $2700 a month plus utilities just to be closer to his girl he met about a year ago. She contributes a bit. I asked him if he could afford the place if the relationship goes sour, he said no :smh:

All these condos downtown are poorly made too. Fixtures and all that straight trash. My boys used to work on some near the CN tower/SkyDome and they'd tell me how **** they are. Walls super thin. They're just in a rush to put em up. Every corner they're building. Swear I don't go to an area for a week and come back and there's a new highrise up :lol: :smh:

That mainland china money is serious. I dont mind having a wealthy foreign head tax or at least increase the investor immigrant path dollar requirment to at least $5 million per head.

Back
Top Bottom