People who have recently been on job interviews

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

why so?
 she tried to say i was lying about how sales work @ best buy about how they want us to push to accessories and stuff, it was basically the opposite of selling stuff they wanted me to sell a cheap suit over an expensive one...she was flirty too biting her tongue i wanted to holla but i wanted the job, thought if i made it in it would be instant smash  
damn you didnt get a name?
erica 
embarassed.gif

interviewed for Boston Market
- dude asked me if I had any extracurriculars outside of school. Thinking this was my time to show that I was qualified for the job, I started going into depth about stuff I was involved with. Dude simply said, Well, that's nice, but this job requires lots of time, so I won't give you the job.

interviewed at local music store
- Dude asked me to fix a soundpost of an old %*% violin right on the spot. I guess that was his rude way of saying, "I dont need you." 

Hoping McDonald's comes through with a job.

- dude asked me if I had any extracurriculars outside of school. Thinking this was my time to show that I was qualified for the job, I started going into depth about stuff I was involved with. Dude simply said, Well, that's nice, but this job requires lots of time, so I won't give you the job.

- Dude asked me to fix a soundpost of an old %*% violin right on the spot. I guess that was his rude way of saying, "I dont need you." 

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

i use to turn my head up at working there, now it doesn't even matter.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

i use to turn my head up at working there, now it doesn't even matter.
eyes.gif

I've had a bunch of interviews in the past few months, some in person, some through the phone, some through Skype, but haven't been able to land an offer yet. It's very competitive to get a full-time engineering job.
frown.gif

I have another interview tomorrow, so the encouraging thing for me is that I've been getting more calls...at this pace I hope I can get one before the summer
ohwell.gif
. I've been unemployed for all of 2011 so it sucks, I had an internship after graduating last year but I've basically been looking ever since.

I've had a bunch of interviews in the past few months, some in person, some through the phone, some through Skype, but haven't been able to land an offer yet. It's very competitive to get a full-time engineering job.
frown.gif

I have another interview tomorrow, so the encouraging thing for me is that I've been getting more calls...at this pace I hope I can get one before the summer
ohwell.gif
. I've been unemployed for all of 2011 so it sucks, I had an internship after graduating last year but I've basically been looking ever since.

Finishline interview late tomorrow for a stock room position, hoping I get this job.

I worked at Publix for three years so Im a "preferred hire" and should be able to get a job there, but now their takin new hires with no exerience over me for some reason 
ohwell.gif

Finishline interview late tomorrow for a stock room position, hoping I get this job.

I worked at Publix for three years so Im a "preferred hire" and should be able to get a job there, but now their takin new hires with no exerience over me for some reason 
ohwell.gif

I interviewed for a position at the University of Washington Medical Center for a social work position a few weeks back. I nailed the interview. Got a call back from the interview committee 35 min after the interview. I was also offered an interview at a local community college for a counselor position. Fortunately/unfortunately I got accepted as a masters student at the UW all in the same week. I will be going back to school because I can make $2K more per month with a MSW.

Who you know gets you in the door. What you know gets you the job.

I interviewed for a position at the University of Washington Medical Center for a social work position a few weeks back. I nailed the interview. Got a call back from the interview committee 35 min after the interview. I was also offered an interview at a local community college for a counselor position. Fortunately/unfortunately I got accepted as a masters student at the UW all in the same week. I will be going back to school because I can make $2K more per month with a MSW.

Who you know gets you in the door. What you know gets you the job.

recently interviewed at blimpies subs, i'm caucasian and they are owned by indians. was sorta nervous considering i have a felony drug charge but i got the job in the end. good look op

had interviews the past two weeks with my state government...one for a program monitor position working on health care reform(I really want) the other as a government building manager(mehh)

1st interview i landed through networking and it went pretty well imo...only thing im afraid of is that I was the 1st candidate they interviewed and will prolly have the least amount of experience for the position

2nd interview went extremely well..standard 7 or 8 questions that I knocked out the park...but I feel like in doing so I showed that I was overqualified and prolly would would bounce at the first opportunity(which is true)

i try to humble myself going into all interviews but the 2nd one had me completely frustrated afterwards cuz I felt like the job didnt even need all the educational requirements they were asking for and I would only be doing something kinda-sorta related to my field

recently interviewed at blimpies subs, i'm caucasian and they are owned by indians. was sorta nervous considering i have a felony drug charge but i got the job in the end. good look op

had interviews the past two weeks with my state government...one for a program monitor position working on health care reform(I really want) the other as a government building manager(mehh)

1st interview i landed through networking and it went pretty well imo...only thing im afraid of is that I was the 1st candidate they interviewed and will prolly have the least amount of experience for the position

2nd interview went extremely well..standard 7 or 8 questions that I knocked out the park...but I feel like in doing so I showed that I was overqualified and prolly would would bounce at the first opportunity(which is true)

i try to humble myself going into all interviews but the 2nd one had me completely frustrated afterwards cuz I felt like the job didnt even need all the educational requirements they were asking for and I would only be doing something kinda-sorta related to my field

Had an interview last week for a position in the testing environment of FINRA. I worked in a different department for a year and a half so they didn't grill me or ask as much as they wanted, just what I knew about their department and my ideas on customer service. We went back and forth asking each other questions which I hadn't done before. I usually stick to answering their questions and explaining my background but after going through 2 interviews in the same building and not asking a single question it's time to switch it up. Not too sure on how I did 
ohwell.gif
I'll find out this week.

Had an interview last week for a position in the testing environment of FINRA. I worked in a different department for a year and a half so they didn't grill me or ask as much as they wanted, just what I knew about their department and my ideas on customer service. We went back and forth asking each other questions which I hadn't done before. I usually stick to answering their questions and explaining my background but after going through 2 interviews in the same building and not asking a single question it's time to switch it up. Not too sure on how I did 
ohwell.gif
I'll find out this week.

This thread inspired me to call my dude and follow up/get inside info about my prospects.

First thing I found out is that he was wrong about the date they're offering positions, pause. He said that it wouldn't be until June.

Secondly, after the four interviews, they had me rank my desired job in order. What a mind %!*+ that was. Turns out that out of all the people who were interviewed I was remembered. My friend was asked why I had ranked this one shop in particular at the bottom. So he covered for me and told them that I just didn't get a good vibe from the interview even though I wanted that job the most...

Hope that works. I'm having him follow up with the shop tomorrow for me. I feel stupid for ranking that job last though. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!

This thread inspired me to call my dude and follow up/get inside info about my prospects.

First thing I found out is that he was wrong about the date they're offering positions, pause. He said that it wouldn't be until June.

Secondly, after the four interviews, they had me rank my desired job in order. What a mind %!*+ that was. Turns out that out of all the people who were interviewed I was remembered. My friend was asked why I had ranked this one shop in particular at the bottom. So he covered for me and told them that I just didn't get a good vibe from the interview even though I wanted that job the most...

Hope that works. I'm having him follow up with the shop tomorrow for me. I feel stupid for ranking that job last though. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!

i just had an interview last week at hollister for overnights, i know i did good since i knew how the interview was gonna go, group interview, i answered every question first.. i used to work at abercrombie overnight so i have experience within that company, pretty sure i'll get a call back within 2 weeks like the interviewer said..

this will be a second job for me, gotta stack that bread

i just had an interview last week at hollister for overnights, i know i did good since i knew how the interview was gonna go, group interview, i answered every question first.. i used to work at abercrombie overnight so i have experience within that company, pretty sure i'll get a call back within 2 weeks like the interviewer said..

this will be a second job for me, gotta stack that bread

nothing like hearing you've got the job.....only to be waiting for a call back for a drug test....

went on the interview week before last....hopefully i get another call this week.

nothing like hearing you've got the job.....only to be waiting for a call back for a drug test....

went on the interview week before last....hopefully i get another call this week.

Back
Top Bottom