People who have recently been on job interviews

my past interviewers always was relaxed to me...didn't seem to take their job too seriously, i applied to a gym..and got it

my past interviewers always was relaxed to me...didn't seem to take their job too seriously, i applied to a gym..and got it

Financial Services in terms of doing stock transactions and clearing operations at a large multinational corporation. I'm trying to get out of medical billing and into what I've been wanting to do all along.

Obviously they put the pressure on but nothing crazy. I got a 2nd interview coming up so I'm happy.

Financial Services in terms of doing stock transactions and clearing operations at a large multinational corporation. I'm trying to get out of medical billing and into what I've been wanting to do all along.

Obviously they put the pressure on but nothing crazy. I got a 2nd interview coming up so I'm happy.

i'm on the opposite side of the interview now.

as someone who does HR, the most important thing i can tell you is to be honest. we can see through lies pretty easily, and it only takes one phone call to verify if we really want to check.

dress nice, be confident but not too cocky, and good luck to all of you job seekers.

i'm on the opposite side of the interview now.

as someone who does HR, the most important thing i can tell you is to be honest. we can see through lies pretty easily, and it only takes one phone call to verify if we really want to check.

dress nice, be confident but not too cocky, and good luck to all of you job seekers.

Had three phone interviews so far...didn't get any of them 
frown.gif
1 of them I was probably not experienced enough for what they were looking for. The other two were for full-time summer internships. I apparently did a great job on both of them (that's what both of the supervisors said in the e-mail they sent back with the decision) but just wasn't enough 
30t6p3b.gif
One of them was with this energy company and dude even went as far as to say it came down to me and one other candidate and it was a tough decision but they went with the other one.

Oh well, at least they were good learning experiences. Questions were pretty standard...I spent a lot of time explaining my college coursework and some of the research projects I did. Then the energy company supervisor threw the question of "If you had a task relating to the software we use that you didn't know how to do, how would you find the solution?" And I said first I'd try searching online, then I'd ask my co-workers or peers, then I'd go back to searching online again (he really seemed to like that one). Basically, he wanted to be assured that I wouldn't bug the supervisor with every little question.

Had three phone interviews so far...didn't get any of them 
frown.gif
1 of them I was probably not experienced enough for what they were looking for. The other two were for full-time summer internships. I apparently did a great job on both of them (that's what both of the supervisors said in the e-mail they sent back with the decision) but just wasn't enough 
30t6p3b.gif
One of them was with this energy company and dude even went as far as to say it came down to me and one other candidate and it was a tough decision but they went with the other one.

Oh well, at least they were good learning experiences. Questions were pretty standard...I spent a lot of time explaining my college coursework and some of the research projects I did. Then the energy company supervisor threw the question of "If you had a task relating to the software we use that you didn't know how to do, how would you find the solution?" And I said first I'd try searching online, then I'd ask my co-workers or peers, then I'd go back to searching online again (he really seemed to like that one). Basically, he wanted to be assured that I wouldn't bug the supervisor with every little question.

Last week. Hoping to hear back this week. I really want this job. I am having a tough time with the management in my current job.

Last week. Hoping to hear back this week. I really want this job. I am having a tough time with the management in my current job.

WOOP!

SWAG!

GOT IT!

SWAG!

WOOP!

GOT IT!

SWAG!

GIFSoup

GIFSoup

GIFSoup

GIFSoup

Federal job, full benefits, 401K, retirement potential, payed tuition, payed books... A CAREER!!!

Thanks to all the well wishers and good luck to the other NTers out there looking for work, jobs and careers!

I'M HYPE!!!

WOOP!

SWAG!

GOT IT!

SWAG!

WOOP!

GOT IT!

SWAG!

GIFSoup

GIFSoup

GIFSoup

GIFSoup

Federal job, full benefits, 401K, retirement potential, payed tuition, payed books... A CAREER!!!

Thanks to all the well wishers and good luck to the other NTers out there looking for work, jobs and careers!

I'M HYPE!!!

In the past 6 weeks I've had seven or eight interviews, maybe more, I've kind of lost count. I'm applying for jobs on campus and it's crazy annoying knowing your fully qualified and could nail the heck outta the job but they think you had a bad interview. I used to work as a call center agent and was promoted twice to be a supervisor and then over scheduling employees/analyzing data to cut costs and had my #%! together, but a schedule conflict with school kind of forced me to voluntarily leave. I know I'm a good candidate for every position I apply for
30t6p3b.gif
What sucked the most was my roomie and I applied for the same position (he didn't know) and he got the job. He's a lazy/messy bum that I probably wouldn't hire unless it was for manual labor. I was salty for a few weeks on that one...
mad.gif

I'm waiting to hear back from somebody this week about being in an Admin position. Thankfully I've got around 10k in my account and a half-tuition scholarship next year to help alleviate costs. Hopefully it works out as I've been crazy bored since school got out in April.

My dad gave me some good advice though. He had me make a document that contrasted the requirements of the job and then what experience or qualifications I had to meet those requirements, making it very distinguishable how you stack up with what they're looking for. He said to make that and take it to the interview and leave it with them, letting them know you are putting in work to show you are the best choice and that you value the opportunity to be considered for the position.

Give it a try NT, at this point, we've got nothing to lose. It may take some time to whip that up, but let's be real, if we don't have jobs, we don't really have time excuses. Good luck everybody!

In the past 6 weeks I've had seven or eight interviews, maybe more, I've kind of lost count. I'm applying for jobs on campus and it's crazy annoying knowing your fully qualified and could nail the heck outta the job but they think you had a bad interview. I used to work as a call center agent and was promoted twice to be a supervisor and then over scheduling employees/analyzing data to cut costs and had my #%! together, but a schedule conflict with school kind of forced me to voluntarily leave. I know I'm a good candidate for every position I apply for
30t6p3b.gif
What sucked the most was my roomie and I applied for the same position (he didn't know) and he got the job. He's a lazy/messy bum that I probably wouldn't hire unless it was for manual labor. I was salty for a few weeks on that one...
mad.gif

I'm waiting to hear back from somebody this week about being in an Admin position. Thankfully I've got around 10k in my account and a half-tuition scholarship next year to help alleviate costs. Hopefully it works out as I've been crazy bored since school got out in April.

My dad gave me some good advice though. He had me make a document that contrasted the requirements of the job and then what experience or qualifications I had to meet those requirements, making it very distinguishable how you stack up with what they're looking for. He said to make that and take it to the interview and leave it with them, letting them know you are putting in work to show you are the best choice and that you value the opportunity to be considered for the position.

Give it a try NT, at this point, we've got nothing to lose. It may take some time to whip that up, but let's be real, if we don't have jobs, we don't really have time excuses. Good luck everybody!

Back
Top Bottom