Phone Rings (my invention)... Updates on page 20

OK, I see the first person has received their Phone Ring! Great!

I'm debating if I should post a video or pic tonight... But the NT fam will see my brainchild tonight :pimp:

[quote="thadocta, post: 16812980"][quote="shoefreakbaby, post: 16812588"]lol i got mine im in miami, imma gonna open it now

feels like christmas

I cant get my case off[/quote]

open the box and show us what it is[/quote]
View media item 177862

Last edited:
Great pics shoefreakbaby! I'm in a hotel for two weeks without a camera so I wasn't able to take pics of it on the actual device. I'm going to add those in the OP.

You can still drop your phone when it's not in your hand, like if it slides off a table. OP said its impossible to drop your phone. Still doesn't look bad though.

Thanks for support guys :pimp:
@shoefreakbaby I've definitely been considering lowering the price point. I chose 4 to make sure shipping was covered.

You can still drop your phone when it's not in your hand, like if it slides off a table. OP said its impossible to drop your phone. Still doesn't look bad though.

Is that dropping your phone or bumping your phone? This prevents you from dropping it from your hand.

Last edited:
All you have to do is make the finger-holes adjustable. Other then that, not bad...not bad at all.

Your product reminds me of the FlyGrip:

Just wanted to show what kind of competition is out there. I respect your grind and hustle OP...best of luck 
nthat.gif

Your product reminds me of the FlyGrip:

Just wanted to show what kind of competition is out there. I respect your grind and hustle OP...best of luck :nthat:

$30 for that? daaaaaaamn.

op - corner that corner store market.

salute, on making moves. :smokin

what if you have a iphone and u want to rotate it. the case i got for my iphone protects if it it falls, looks good with the phone and has a strong strong grip.

Hoping the best for a fellow NTer.

But in all honesty, that is never gonna catch on. People will think they are "too cool" for something like that, some people will think its unnecessary, or some people will think it looks ridiculous.

I could only see this catching on with the elderly or if you have some type of condition, Parkinsons, etc.

Very accurate comparison. Pretty nifty. 30 bucks tho.
It is a better product (looks better/ sleeker/more durable and doubles as a kickstand) although it does cost $30.

Although I don't see the day to day practicality of your product.

I can envision the fabric/material getting ripped up/frayed/ stretched  out over time (maybe that's why flygrip went plastic?).

Is this you?

Amazon product ASIN B007O354AM
There's also something like this:

Amazon product ASIN B0073UGQSU
These types of products are out there but they haven't caught on. This can only mean that either the market for such a product isn't large enough or all of the products out there are doodoo. In this case I think it's the former as the FlyGrip is as pretty good as one can get for a product like this. The $30 price tag notwithstanding.

As another poster alluded to, there are so many ways to drop/damage a cell phone that products such as this cannot be marketed as a safety device of sorts. They simply can't prevent damage to a smartphone in any meaningful way. Otterbox-like products do  a much better job in terms of safety anyway and you can't compete with them. They have to be marketed like a cell phone case (the ones strictly for looks/ accessory); an accessory that enhances the features of a smart phone. The phone case/ accessory market is saturated though.

I'm not trying to disparage you but potential investors would have these questions/thoughts. 

You're heading in the right direction via your mindset (not in terms of the product but in terms of producing a product/service). 

The most important thing at first is not the success of a product but building the skill set necessary to produce a successful product.

With the right skill set success will come.  

Last edited:
Very nice idea and has potential to be something.

Honest thoughts though...it's kinda ugly and I don't really want to be seen rockin' it.

I don't have any suggestions but with your patent in place if you make it to where it doesn't hurt to look at I would definitely cop because I'm sick of dropping my phone and ****.

Keep us/me updated and good luck.

Also I would contribute but I'm a broke college student, sorry OP

Shoebabyfreak got them Dennis Rodman/ John Amaechi type fingers. Same fingers as ol boy in the thread about yambs mentioned with the female with long fingers.

Back
Top Bottom