PIZZA FROM NY!!

This thread nnneeeedddss pics!
This pizza is from a brazilian spot, the cheese in this pizza had a zestiness that I hadnt taste in other pizzas. but I always enjoy the waitresess
devil.gif

this spot is ran by some spanish ppl, the cook looks italian tho, but the sauce and crust is amazing, you can taste the seasoning in the sauce.

both in south florida, second spot is deff comparable to places ive eaten pizza in new york

OK..crab cakes were a bad example. lol

Btw..has anybody from DMV actually ate the food at Lapas? If so, how is it?

OK..crab cakes were a bad example. lol

Btw..has anybody from DMV actually ate the food at Lapas? If so, how is it?

The ambiance plays a huge part in how food is perceived too, not just taste. "The best tasting" is all subjective, but the atmosphere and reputation of a city or particular establishment is almost impossible to replicate.

The ambiance plays a huge part in how food is perceived too, not just taste. "The best tasting" is all subjective, but the atmosphere and reputation of a city or particular establishment is almost impossible to replicate.

OP, I get where you are coming from. I think people just repeat what is told to them by the masses. The NY Pizza is an example. How in the world would anyone that hasn't eaten at NUMEROUS pizza spots from EVERY state come to the conclusion that NY has the best pizza? If nobody told you that, then that idea wouldn't even be a thought in your imagination. How do we know the pizza in New Mexico isn't the best? Or Arizona? We don't know. We as humans just repeat stuff man. Nothing further

Which is why I am always against those hyperbolic statements that people feel the NEED to make. Why does there have to be one place with the best pizza? Why can't we just talk about specific spots that have good pizza. Why condense it to a whole city and state and elevate it over every other city and state?

Speaking of crabcakes, I just bought some crab meat, probably will make some next week. CAN'T WAIT.

OP, I get where you are coming from. I think people just repeat what is told to them by the masses. The NY Pizza is an example. How in the world would anyone that hasn't eaten at NUMEROUS pizza spots from EVERY state come to the conclusion that NY has the best pizza? If nobody told you that, then that idea wouldn't even be a thought in your imagination. How do we know the pizza in New Mexico isn't the best? Or Arizona? We don't know. We as humans just repeat stuff man. Nothing further

Which is why I am always against those hyperbolic statements that people feel the NEED to make. Why does there have to be one place with the best pizza? Why can't we just talk about specific spots that have good pizza. Why condense it to a whole city and state and elevate it over every other city and state?

Speaking of crabcakes, I just bought some crab meat, probably will make some next week. CAN'T WAIT.

The Salvadoran love going on in this thread is appreciated. 
smokin.gif

I kind of agree but not really. I will use an example that hits close to home for me. I like Mexican food. I can find good Mexican and Tex-Mex food anywhere down in Texas. Same goes for California. Its alot harder to find GOOD Mexican food in the Midwest or North East. It has nothing to do with the water, etc...though, its just that the people in that region have been cooking that food for a longer period of time for the most part and have more experience with those dishes. Yeah, we have Cheese steak places down here, but I bet they arent as good as the ones in the North East...

Good analysis.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

As a whole, I do think NYC has some of the best overall pizza places in the US. I'm sure Chicago would disagree
laugh.gif

But how do you even come to a conclusion like that?
Have you visited every state/city and tasted pizza for a living for 20+ years?

Or is this opinion mostly based on the word that we have been fed for years?

A statement like that is baseless if you ask me.

But you don't believe in V-Necks, though. 

Shut up. 

The Salvadoran love going on in this thread is appreciated. 
smokin.gif

I kind of agree but not really. I will use an example that hits close to home for me. I like Mexican food. I can find good Mexican and Tex-Mex food anywhere down in Texas. Same goes for California. Its alot harder to find GOOD Mexican food in the Midwest or North East. It has nothing to do with the water, etc...though, its just that the people in that region have been cooking that food for a longer period of time for the most part and have more experience with those dishes. Yeah, we have Cheese steak places down here, but I bet they arent as good as the ones in the North East...

Good analysis.

As a whole, I do think NYC has some of the best overall pizza places in the US. I'm sure Chicago would disagree
laugh.gif

Shut up. 

We got some pizza that rivals NYC.  Shout out to Tudino's in Hoboken.

l
l
1 slice is eqivalant to 2 of them little a-- slices you get in NYC.

l
l

laugh.gif

Shut up. 

Nice try but do you care to actually address the topic or will you simply resort to changing the focus of the discussion to my view on fashion?

I will wait.

laugh.gif

Shut up. 

Nice try but do you care to actually address the topic or will you simply resort to changing the focus of the discussion to my view on fashion?

I will wait.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeadTrini1

This pizza is from a brazilian spot, the cheese in this pizza had a zestiness that I hadnt taste in other pizzas. but I always enjoy the waitresess
devil.gif
i know looks can be decieving..but man..that looks like frozen pizza from the grocery store.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeadTrini1

devil.gif
i know looks can be decieving..but man..that looks like frozen pizza from the grocery store.

OP needs to get out more.
i guarantee you that pizza here is better and tastes different than pizza outside of the tristate.

OP needs to get out more.
i guarantee you that pizza here is better and tastes different than pizza outside of the tristate.

Shut up. 

I will wait.

See, this is where you are stupid.  This is MY opinion.  I...as in "me," think that NYC has SOME of the best pizza in the US.  If my comment was so baseless, there wouldn't be countless debates on the food network/travel channel/message boards/magazines/etc about which city between NYC/Chicago/other has the best pizza. 

Shut up. 

I will wait.

See, this is where you are stupid.  This is MY opinion.  I...as in "me," think that NYC has SOME of the best pizza in the US.  If my comment was so baseless, there wouldn't be countless debates on the food network/travel channel/message boards/magazines/etc about which city between NYC/Chicago/other has the best pizza. 

I've traveled a bit.. and I can say that every place outside of the NYC tri-state area has what I considered had sub-par thin crust pizza.  from poor dough, to even worse sauce..
ps. best Crabcakes I've had? O'Brycki's - Bmore

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

koronet on 111th & bway>>>>Tudino's in Hoboken

Back
Top Bottom