PIZZA FROM NY!!

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Another example is barbecue. You dudes up North do it all wrong.

BBQ in the South
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
>>>

Texas FTW
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

I had pizza down south and on the west coast. Down south ( not gonna name which state but I took 1 bite out of it and threw it away). On the west coast to see fam, and their idea of "authentic" pizza is Sbarro's. So yeah.....umm.
How can you make such a statement? Who considers that authentic? Come on now. 

MichaelScott.png

Originally Posted by cbtcGURU

We got some pizza that rivals NYC.  Shout out to Tudino's in Hoboken.

1 slice is eqivalant to 2 of them little a-- slices you get in NYC.
koronet on 111th & bway>>>>Tudino's in Hoboken

Koronet's pizza ain't even that good. Go to Sal + Carmine's on 101 + Bway.

We shouldn't be judging pizza on the size of the slice. Unless you're on welfare.

I have also traveled EXTENSIVELY all over the US. NY pizza by the slice is the best. Chicago Deep Dish is equally good but it's a different pizza and kind of a different eating experience.

If you think I care that much to be "biased", you're crazy. No bias here.

I'll take In N Out (LA) over 5 Guys anyday. And Roscoe's beats anything I've had in NY in a while.

Originally Posted by cbtcGURU

We got some pizza that rivals NYC.  Shout out to Tudino's in Hoboken.

1 slice is eqivalant to 2 of them little a-- slices you get in NYC.
koronet on 111th & bway>>>>Tudino's in Hoboken

Koronet's pizza ain't even that good. Go to Sal + Carmine's on 101 + Bway.

We shouldn't be judging pizza on the size of the slice. Unless you're on welfare.

I have also traveled EXTENSIVELY all over the US. NY pizza by the slice is the best. Chicago Deep Dish is equally good but it's a different pizza and kind of a different eating experience.

If you think I care that much to be "biased", you're crazy. No bias here.

I'll take In N Out (LA) over 5 Guys anyday. And Roscoe's beats anything I've had in NY in a while.

I had pizza down south and on the west coast. Down south ( not gonna name which state but I took 1 bite out of it and threw it away). On the west coast to see fam, and their idea of "authentic" pizza is Sbarro's. So yeah.....umm.
How can you make such a statement? Who considers that authentic? Come on now. 

MichaelScott.png

But Dirty, you are from the Tri-State area. You can't see how your opinion on the matter has a natural bias in there?
of course. but that's what food is
all subjective

what's taste best for me...may not be the best for another person.

But Dirty, you are from the Tri-State area. You can't see how your opinion on the matter has a natural bias in there?
of course. but that's what food is
all subjective

what's taste best for me...may not be the best for another person.

Originally Posted by debs 168

OP needs to get out more.
i guarantee you that pizza here is better and tastes different than pizza outside of the tristate.
Lol @ get out more...I'm not the most traveled person in the world, but I have been out of the state and country many times.  I can tell you now that I had the worst food in England. 

Using another example, paella. I was in Spain in September and my sister kept ranting and raving about how she couldn't wait to actually try paella in Spain.  She ended up very disappointed and said that this one spot in Rockville was better.
laugh.gif

i guarantee you that pizza here is better and tastes different than pizza outside of the tristate.
Lol @ get out more...I'm not the most traveled person in the world, but I have been out of the state and country many times.  I can tell you now that I had the worst food in England. 

Using another example, paella. I was in Spain in September and my sister kept ranting and raving about how she couldn't wait to actually try paella in Spain.  She ended up very disappointed and said that this one spot in Rockville was better.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IamMD

laugh.gif

what part of Spain were you in?  I had some paella while in Barcelona at a place that was supposed to have pretty good paella and it was so-so at best.  Maybe its better in Valencia?

back on topic.  I'm from SoCal born and raised but NY Pizza >>> Anywhere else.  

I gotta agree with illphillip here.  It has to be the water or something.  I get my pies from Joe's of Bleecker St. in Santa Monica, CA.  As a NYC transplant, I have to imagine that their recipe and quite possibly their ingredients are the same as the ones they use in their original shop in NYC.  Its about as close (as I've found) to a legitimate NY pie as I can find out here in LA, but its still not quite the same.

laugh.gif

what part of Spain were you in?  I had some paella while in Barcelona at a place that was supposed to have pretty good paella and it was so-so at best.  Maybe its better in Valencia?

I gotta agree with illphillip here.  It has to be the water or something.  I get my pies from Joe's of Bleecker St. in Santa Monica, CA.  As a NYC transplant, I have to imagine that their recipe and quite possibly their ingredients are the same as the ones they use in their original shop in NYC.  Its about as close (as I've found) to a legitimate NY pie as I can find out here in LA, but its still not quite the same.

OP, I get where you are coming from. I think people just repeat what is told to them by the masses. The NY Pizza is an example. How in the world would anyone that hasn't eaten at NUMEROUS pizza spots from EVERY state come to the conclusion that NY has the best pizza? If nobody told you that, then that idea wouldn't even be a thought in your imagination. How do we know the pizza in New Mexico isn't the best? Or Arizona? We don't know. We as humans just repeat stuff man. Nothing further

Which is why I am always against those hyperbolic statements that people feel the NEED to make. Why does there have to be one place with the best pizza? Why can't we just talk about specific spots that have good pizza. Why condense it to a whole city and state and elevate it over every other city and state?

Speaking of crabcakes, I just bought some crab meat, probably will make some next week. CAN'T WAIT.

What exactly does "CAN'T WAIT" mean? This sounds like a pretty baseless statement that people just say because they hear the rest o society say it.Does it mean that the anticipation is killing you to the point that you can't wait? If that's the case, why wait until next week? Why not just eat it sooner and stop the torture of not being able to wait for something.And if you can indeed wait for next week why can't you just say that you're looking forward to it rather than repeating some baseless statement often said by society like "CAN'T WAIT" that really doesn't hold any weight.

OP, I get where you are coming from. I think people just repeat what is told to them by the masses. The NY Pizza is an example. How in the world would anyone that hasn't eaten at NUMEROUS pizza spots from EVERY state come to the conclusion that NY has the best pizza? If nobody told you that, then that idea wouldn't even be a thought in your imagination. How do we know the pizza in New Mexico isn't the best? Or Arizona? We don't know. We as humans just repeat stuff man. Nothing further

Which is why I am always against those hyperbolic statements that people feel the NEED to make. Why does there have to be one place with the best pizza? Why can't we just talk about specific spots that have good pizza. Why condense it to a whole city and state and elevate it over every other city and state?

Speaking of crabcakes, I just bought some crab meat, probably will make some next week. CAN'T WAIT.

What exactly does "CAN'T WAIT" mean? This sounds like a pretty baseless statement that people just say because they hear the rest o society say it.Does it mean that the anticipation is killing you to the point that you can't wait? If that's the case, why wait until next week? Why not just eat it sooner and stop the torture of not being able to wait for something.And if you can indeed wait for next week why can't you just say that you're looking forward to it rather than repeating some baseless statement often said by society like "CAN'T WAIT" that really doesn't hold any weight.

Originally Posted by Diego

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif

I was also in Barcelona.  I feel like all the food was over rated.  What was that like orange sauce they put on everything? lol

laugh.gif

I was also in Barcelona.  I feel like all the food was over rated.  What was that like orange sauce they put on everything? lol

What exactly does "CAN'T WAIT" mean? This sounds like a pretty baseless statement that people just say because they hear the rest o society say it. Does it mean that the anticipation is killing you to the point that you can't wait? If that's the case, why wait until next week? Why not just eat it sooner and stop the torture of not being able to wait for something. And if you can indeed wait for next week why can't you just say that you're looking forward to it rather than repeating some baseless statement often said by society like "CAN'T WAIT" that really doesn't hold any weight.

L.M.A.O.

roll.gif

That was good...

What exactly does "CAN'T WAIT" mean? This sounds like a pretty baseless statement that people just say because they hear the rest o society say it. Does it mean that the anticipation is killing you to the point that you can't wait? If that's the case, why wait until next week? Why not just eat it sooner and stop the torture of not being able to wait for something. And if you can indeed wait for next week why can't you just say that you're looking forward to it rather than repeating some baseless statement often said by society like "CAN'T WAIT" that really doesn't hold any weight.

L.M.A.O.

roll.gif

That was good...

laugh.gif

hahahaha if you think the food was overrated, then you probably werent drinking enough
happy.gif

orange sauce?  hmmm i dont really remember that to be honest.  I do remember that everything always came with a side of the tomato spread bread which I enjoyed.  Some of the food I had there was hit or miss, but I did have some good meals there.  I feel like the crappier food I had was when I stopped in for a bite along Las Ramblas.  Seems to be a lot of tourist trap type of joints there.  I remember I stopped at one tapas place, and dude straight up threw the plate in the microwave in front of us.  I guess it kinda made up for it when he started pouring us an unending stream of free wine.

The better meals I had were at Comerc 24, and this one other restaurant down the street from there (name escapes me at the moment).

laugh.gif

hahahaha if you think the food was overrated, then you probably werent drinking enough
happy.gif

orange sauce?  hmmm i dont really remember that to be honest.  I do remember that everything always came with a side of the tomato spread bread which I enjoyed.  Some of the food I had there was hit or miss, but I did have some good meals there.  I feel like the crappier food I had was when I stopped in for a bite along Las Ramblas.  Seems to be a lot of tourist trap type of joints there.  I remember I stopped at one tapas place, and dude straight up threw the plate in the microwave in front of us.  I guess it kinda made up for it when he started pouring us an unending stream of free wine.

The better meals I had were at Comerc 24, and this one other restaurant down the street from there (name escapes me at the moment).

happy.gif

Lol man, i got wasted in Spain.  I actually threw up on the subway.  People were looking at me like "look at this dumb American."  There was this one British bar I went to a couple times..it was called Port...something..don't really remember what it was called, but they let me bartend.  I was so drunk, falling over everwhere..I still laugh at the pics.

happy.gif

Lol man, i got wasted in Spain.  I actually threw up on the subway.  People were looking at me like "look at this dumb American."  There was this one British bar I went to a couple times..it was called Port...something..don't really remember what it was called, but they let me bartend.  I was so drunk, falling over everwhere..I still laugh at the pics.

Back
Top Bottom