PIZZA FROM NY!!

Originally Posted by TheRaygunZ

New Haven > New York > Wherever else
I've haven't been to the Chi since I was real young but the pizza is probably bangin

I'm from NY by the way

This man knows what he's talking about.

For all of you who haven't had New Haven style apizza, you are missing out.

Originally Posted by TheRaygunZ

New Haven > New York > Wherever else
I've haven't been to the Chi since I was real young but the pizza is probably bangin

I'm from NY by the way

This man knows what he's talking about.

For all of you who haven't had New Haven style apizza, you are missing out.

Everyone knows it's the tap water in NY that goes into the dough that makes it so good. There are places in California that purposely bring water from NY in attempts to replicate that taste. If you're not from NY or have spent a lot of time there, you just won't know. That's not to say that every single pizza place on every NYC street corner is good, but if you're a NYer, you know where to go, and no, I'm not talking about Rays.

Everyone knows it's the tap water in NY that goes into the dough that makes it so good. There are places in California that purposely bring water from NY in attempts to replicate that taste. If you're not from NY or have spent a lot of time there, you just won't know. That's not to say that every single pizza place on every NYC street corner is good, but if you're a NYer, you know where to go, and no, I'm not talking about Rays.

One day I want to do an experiment with one of you nh because i'm not buying that water theory. Ppl aren't walking around saying "yo, you taste the zinc in that dough, dude?!?"

I'm willing to bet that if a chef made a pizza using water from Arizona and a pizza using water from NY, you will taste no difference. Someone needs to do the blindfold test.

One day I want to do an experiment with one of you nh because i'm not buying that water theory. Ppl aren't walking around saying "yo, you taste the zinc in that dough, dude?!?"

I'm willing to bet that if a chef made a pizza using water from Arizona and a pizza using water from NY, you will taste no difference. Someone needs to do the blindfold test.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But Dirty, you are from the Tri-State area. You can't see how your opinion on the matter has a natural bias in there?

NYC more than likely consumes more Pizza than any other area so just but common sense they SHOULD have the best pizza since they have the biggest market (some believe competition brings innovation).

But Dirty, you are from the Tri-State area. You can't see how your opinion on the matter has a natural bias in there?

NYC more than likely consumes more Pizza than any other area so just but common sense they SHOULD have the best pizza since they have the biggest market (some believe competition brings innovation).

Originally Posted by IamMD

im up to the challenge.

Originally Posted by IamMD

im up to the challenge.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Diego

OP, I get where you are coming from. I think people just repeat what is told to them by the masses. The NY Pizza is an example. How in the world would anyone that hasn't eaten at NUMEROUS pizza spots from EVERY state come to the conclusion that NY has the best pizza? If nobody told you that, then that idea wouldn't even be a thought in your imagination. How do we know the pizza in New Mexico isn't the best? Or Arizona? We don't know. We as humans just repeat stuff man. Nothing further

Which is why I am always against those hyperbolic statements that people feel the NEED to make. Why does there have to be one place with the best pizza? Why can't we just talk about specific spots that have good pizza. Why condense it to a whole city and state and elevate it over every other city and state?

Speaking of crabcakes, I just bought some crab meat, probably will make some next week. CAN'T WAIT.

What exactly does "CAN'T WAIT" mean? This sounds like a pretty baseless statement that people just say because they hear the rest o society say it. Does it mean that the anticipation is killing you to the point that you can't wait? If that's the case, why wait until next week? Why not just eat it sooner and stop the torture of not being able to wait for something. And if you can indeed wait for next week why can't you just say that you're looking forward to it rather than repeating some baseless statement often said by society like "CAN'T WAIT" that really doesn't hold any weight.

L.M.A.O.

roll.gif

That was good...

Got'em
laugh.gif

OP, I get where you are coming from. I think people just repeat what is told to them by the masses. The NY Pizza is an example. How in the world would anyone that hasn't eaten at NUMEROUS pizza spots from EVERY state come to the conclusion that NY has the best pizza? If nobody told you that, then that idea wouldn't even be a thought in your imagination. How do we know the pizza in New Mexico isn't the best? Or Arizona? We don't know. We as humans just repeat stuff man. Nothing further

Which is why I am always against those hyperbolic statements that people feel the NEED to make. Why does there have to be one place with the best pizza? Why can't we just talk about specific spots that have good pizza. Why condense it to a whole city and state and elevate it over every other city and state?

Speaking of crabcakes, I just bought some crab meat, probably will make some next week. CAN'T WAIT.

What exactly does "CAN'T WAIT" mean? This sounds like a pretty baseless statement that people just say because they hear the rest o society say it. Does it mean that the anticipation is killing you to the point that you can't wait? If that's the case, why wait until next week? Why not just eat it sooner and stop the torture of not being able to wait for something. And if you can indeed wait for next week why can't you just say that you're looking forward to it rather than repeating some baseless statement often said by society like "CAN'T WAIT" that really doesn't hold any weight.

L.M.A.O.

roll.gif

That was good...

Got'em
laugh.gif

i live just south of wash sq park and i haven't had a NON-REHEATED slice yet. like what time do i have to go to get a fresh slice. i'm back home right now and a fresh slice from blondie's > any slice i've had from ny this past year

i live just south of wash sq park and i haven't had a NON-REHEATED slice yet. like what time do i have to go to get a fresh slice. i'm back home right now and a fresh slice from blondie's > any slice i've had from ny this past year

Originally Posted by jthagreat

L.M.A.O.

roll.gif

That was good...

Got'em
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

now he's ghost in this thread.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

L.M.A.O.

roll.gif

That was good...

Got'em
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

now he's ghost in this thread.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by SneakerHeadTrini1

This thread nnneeeedddss pics!
This pizza is from a brazilian spot, the cheese in this pizza had a zestiness that I hadnt taste in other pizzas. but I always enjoy the waitresess
devil.gif
i know looks can be decieving..but man..that looks like frozen pizza from the grocery store.
all pizza looks gross in pics though.  i'm sure it's alright.

i wish we could do a nt food summit.  we all hit like 7 regions and eat at everyone's favorite spots.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by SneakerHeadTrini1

This thread nnneeeedddss pics!
This pizza is from a brazilian spot, the cheese in this pizza had a zestiness that I hadnt taste in other pizzas. but I always enjoy the waitresess
devil.gif
i know looks can be decieving..but man..that looks like frozen pizza from the grocery store.
all pizza looks gross in pics though.  i'm sure it's alright.

i wish we could do a nt food summit.  we all hit like 7 regions and eat at everyone's favorite spots.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom