Police Brutality Discussion & Solutions...

Videos like that are going tp keep happening until cops suffer in MAJOR ways. Slaps on the wrist doesn't deter kids, let alone grown folks w/ a badge. Start charging them with murder, or assault if the victim didn't die but excessive force was used.

The reason we're so far away from that being a reasonable possibility is because 'excessive force' has to be determined by a jury, and there are too many people who back the blue, especially when the person assaulted by the cop is black.

I'm not surprised by these videos, but they are never not heartbreaking and enraging. Whole system needs to be tore down and rebuilt.

Enh, there ARE cops that have been charged with and found guilty of murder, yet it keeps happening.

And the problem is the deeply embedded racism in America. Pure and simple. The system is working as designed.

there ARE cops that have been charged with and found guilty of murder, yet it keeps happening.
Nowhere near enough. Cops need to have a fear and respect for the law that they definitely do NOT have. Cops as a whole think that they are above the laws they are supposed to enforce, and it's wildly evident even in little things like how they drive.
And the problem is the deeply embedded racism in America.
No argument from me on that. It's literally embedded in the 'amber waves of grain'.

Nowhere near enough. Cops need to have a fear and respect for the law that they definitely do NOT have. Cops as a whole think that they are above the laws they are supposed to enforce, and it's wildly evident even in little things like how they drive.No argument from me on that. It's literally embedded in the 'amber waves of grain'.
The Mulford Act of 1967 was ratified in CA because the Black Panthers were copwatching using the lawful open carry policy at the time to make sure cops weren’t abusing their power.

Even when the people try to do right the law will always bend or tilt back into their favor. Pretty disgusting tbh.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
IMG_20200527_015852.jpg

Any lawyers in this thread?
Has anyone ever thought of drafting a bill that would hold cops accountable?
If they kill someone for no reason they lose their pension. If it happens and the body cam was turned off they lose their pension. Thats the only way things will change will to hurt their pockets and its gotta be in the law, not saying its a solution but its a foot in the door.

I'm in bay area ca and am going to draft something to elected officials, I know that one the precursors for submitting a law is it can't conflict with something else, so I need to do homework on that. Just something I'm getting into about this particular issue

my pops is the police
thats why i havent spoken a word to him in over 20 years, dont know where he lives , or if he is alive or dead
dont give a **** either
**** THEM ALL !
Didn't want to clog up the other thread but is THAT why yall stopped talking?

What exactly happened?

Friend of mine got arrested today. For what reason? Not sure.

He was peacefully protesting in Brooklyn, and recording video of the crowd with his DSLR camera.

Cops confiscated the camera, handcuffed him, and threw him on a bus with a bunch of other people. They didn't take his phone, so he was able to livestream what was happening. He's at a precinct in Manhattan now.

When is not going to be a crime for simply existing and being black? This **** is ****ing disgusting. I'm so ****ing exhausted. I hate waking up and worrying if my friends are going to live to see tomorrow because they were just living their lives.

Cops pull this couple out of their car while they're driving down the street and taze them both for no apparent reason

At least they got fired. I'd expect a lawsuit as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom