Porsche 911 GT2 RS on the streets of LA

Enough with these hemi this, hemi that. Jag this, Jag that. 
How about we look at a car that reallyput these cars to shame.

Never really liked porsche . never can tell which one is which. they also look really small. always been a 'pop'n vtak ' fan the runs
smile.gif
then 2step the dump pipes. looks cool tho reminds of me need for speed.

Panameras are nice. In pics, they're ok but in person they look so much better especially once you get inside. I'd still take the GT2 RS over it though w/o hesitation.

for the specs they mentioned i could do much better with a GTR...it has less HP but the top speed is higher (not that i'd ever reach near that). plus i wouldn't even have to pay over 90K for it. GT2 is a nice car...esp if it was blacked out
pimp.gif
but idk for that kind of money i think its not worth it. but hey if you got the money it don't matter right? all 500 of them have been sold lol.

It's an absolute dream of mine to drive through downtown like that....

How the hell does someoen convince the City of LA to shut down downtown streets so someone can drive hard?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

How the hell does someoen convince the City of LA to shut down downtown streets so someone can drive hard?

rafters.jpg

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Nice car, but I'd still choose a Hemi V8 sedan over this tech loaded Kindey Bean any day.
Charger over gt2 rs?
roll.gif

sreggie101 wrote:
for the specs they mentioned i could do much better with a GTR...it has less HP but the top speed is higher (not that i'd ever reach near that). plus i wouldn't even have to pay over 90K for it. GT2 is a nice car...esp if it was blacked out 
pimp.gif
 but idk for that kind of money i think its not worth it. but hey if you got the money it don't matter right? all 500 of them have been sold lol.

That could be said about almost any supercar out there though but unless you are seriously going to track the car, you got to look for other things. The Porsche adds luxury to the car and as the host said, it might be the fastest daily driver supercar ever made.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

rafters.jpg
roll.gif

Nice car, but I'd still choose a Hemi V8 sedan over this tech loaded Kindey Bean any day.
Charger over gt2 rs?

For my own needs I'd go 2012 SRT8 Charger without question.
Low cost of maintenance, great HP and handling, and has plenty of room for the wife and kids.
It's meets all of my needs for a fraction of the cost.

Charger over gt2 rs?

Low cost of maintenance, great HP and handling, and has plenty of room for the wife and kids.
Obviously. 
But im sure a small % of gt2 owners are using them as daily drivers. I'd rather have a cts-v as a daily, but i'm not taking one over a damn gt2
laugh.gif

Charger over gt2 rs?

The car isn't about practicality. Obviously if I need to haul 4-5 people I am not going to get a 2-seater coupe.
This car is if you can buy any car you want and drive it like you own the road because you don't give a "F!" type of car.

That video was absolutely awesome... especially when they were driving through the empty city streets.

Porsche was never my favorite brand, but they probably make the best pure driving cars. If I wanted a car just for the car part with driver engagement, I'd want a Porsche.

I want to do that SO BAD, take a driver's car (lightweight, manual, good handling, RWD), and just whip it through the city at night where the streets are deserted but everything is still lighted. That would be the experience of a lifetime.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

pimp.gif

I don't think you can compare the two.

Don't get me wrong, they're both similarly priced and are direct competitors, but from what I've heard and read the driving experience could not be any more different.

I'm a HUGE Nissan GTR fan (one of my favorite cars of all time), and it's basically a computer on wheels. Every part of the GTR is pretty much calibrated and programmed for optimal performance. AWD, Launch Control, dual clutch transmission, you're basically driving a computer.

The Porsche on the other hand is a more driver-oriented car. It's RWD and uses a standard manual for more driver involvement. A GTR is completely controlled and a precision rocket, the Porsche is more like a car where the skill of the driver really plays into effect.

Back
Top Bottom