Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Already did this for my concert stuff and not gonna do one for my other job...but here's some stuff i see from Barbacking...

- Tip the bartender well. Weak tips? they are gonna pretend to not hear you, weak drinks etc...Tip well? they go right back to you, strong drinks, free shots.
- That girl you were feelin' and got a # from? She comes in twice a week and goes home with a different guy everytime.
- That girl you bought a drink for? She already had 3 different guys buy her drinks before you got there. (the trick is to be the last one
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)
- Even though they aren't supposed to, a good amount of bartenders drink on the job. that soda they're drinking? half full of rum.
- Don't act up. you'll be kicked out IMMEDIATELY. nobody wants to be held accountable for your %$+. vomit? GONE. put your head down? GONE. fall asleep? GONE. If you are a chick, we'll call a cab and get you home. a dude? you're getting dragged out. and don't resist or talk %##* either, it's your drunk word against the establishment. yeah, no chance. unfortunately a couple of our door guys abuse this, never thrown any blows though.
- If our boss is drunk or gone, it's on as far as drinking
roll.gif
one of the bartenders was giving us tall jack and cokes half filled with whiskey
laugh.gif
we were thrashed, that's including shots customers took with us that night
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

- I try my best to be polite, but if i've got a tray full of dirty glasses and i've had to ask you 4 times to move already that night, it's going right into your back. I won't have to ask again.
- Only seen ONE big fight while i've been there, some dude was hitting on a guys wife, got ran up on, other guy hits him, wife gets in the way and gets Snookied. royal rumble starts
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
CRAZY. tables falling over, glass everywhere, chick was gushing blood from her nose. Thankfully that hasn't happened in awhile.

is the "no drinking" just a policy at your bar or pretty universal?

NTers will probably flame me for it, but whether the bartender is a guy or girl, if they are cool I enjoy buying an extra shot for them to join in on the festivities.  Should I refrain from doing so in the future?  I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Originally Posted by lalo1333

Greeter/LP for "high-end store"
-everything you buy at full price, i get 50% off or greater
-everyone steals, no matter race/age/sex
-most customers are actually nice, its the really young(teen) or really old that are always d*ckheads
-most celebrities are cordial
-i was paid $17 an hour just to stand there and say hi
-don't walk through counting your money, i know you most likely didnt make it legitimately, plus you're paying retail
-i'm calling anyone out who has a book bag
Can I safely assume you work on 5th Ave?

I may have posted in this thread already...but I'm not checking, nor do I remember.

Sears:

- Never buy into those credit cards. We're only selling them to you because we get commission. Any money saved by buying a TV with a Sears Card will go right back to Sears because of the interest on the card. VERY blatant scam.
- Don't ask for the "hook up." Only people who can change the prices are managers. I can't help you.
- Don't buy electronics from Sears. You can get em WAY cheaper damn near everywhere else.
- If you're cool, I'll look up the lowest price for whatever you're trying to buy and send you to the store where you can get it
- If you're mean, I'll actively search for a way to make you pay the highest possible price.

Animal Hospital:

- If you have a poorly trained pet, I will treat it like #*!% most of the time. (last to get bathed, walked, fed)
- If you have a well trained pet, I take extra care of it (extra food and stuff...hell, I might let it walk around the kennel and play with it
laugh.gif
)
- Don't leave beds or blankets with your pet...it WILL get lost. I was thousands of blankets a day...I have no time to keep track of yours.
- You may think I take extra care of your dead pet...in reality, after we kill it (put it to sleep), I sling it into a black garbage back and throw it into a freezer until the cremation guy comes and picks it up. I've actually broken a couple pets' bones on accident when removing them from the freezer.
- I even slap/punch especially nippy dogs. Yes, I may have punched your precious Chihuahua or Pomeranian.
- There have been times when I've trained a few dogs to do tricks in my spare time on the job. Only for the nice ones, though.
- If your dog is overly aggressive and you leave him/her/it at the hospital and it attacks one of us...you might as well kiss it goodbye. We're killing it.

That's all I can think of.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

After reading this thread, I need to start doing/ learning to do some of these things on my own (Growing my own crops, building my own electronics and cars, learn how to be a master chef, etc). Some of you people/your coworkers are lazy and disgusting $$@*#.  
sick.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

SoleWoman wrote:
geeksquad-

if you are mean i will put your computer at the end of the line/or refuse to work on it at all
if you are old or i think you are cute i will usually try to help you as much as i can...maybe even throw in some services for you
im not sales oriented so i give my best opinion and sometimes send you to other pc repair stores if youre cool

you bring a pc in...your pics will be looked at (not by me though but ive seen plenty of people do it)
if youre nasty and your computer is nasty as well (as in smell, dirt, etc) i wont work on it
most agents dont know what they are doing. a lot of people who cant speak english that well are usually hired to do busy work (optimization etc...)
the dci or mgs are always tryna steal your money

when you come in for a free analyzer and they tell you have such and such amount of viruses...its usually only cookies
most asus pcs are junk so if you buy one make sure you get the gsbtp for when something goes wrong. our service center doesnt have the parts to repair it. so most times customers just get a brand new laptop

IT tech-

federal gov employees really are THAT lazy and their work is so simple...myself included
you wont get anywhere if you dont smile for people

thats all i can think of right now
I liked this thread better when it was about sharing actual information instead of a bunch of opinions and how you disrespect people at work.  

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Animal Hospital:

- If you have a poorly trained pet, I will treat it like #*!% most of the time. (last to get bathed, walked, fed)
- If you have a well trained pet, I take extra care of it (extra food and stuff...hell, I might let it walk around the kennel and play with it
laugh.gif
)

These arent "things you know  because of your job".  These are just you being an %$%.

Originally Posted by Durden7

These arent "things you know  because of your job".  These are just you being an %$%.
Agreed. Alot of this has turned into venting for people who hate there jobs.

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Adding on as a mechanic at a Honda dealership...-Labor rate is $110/hr, usually mechanics only see 10%-15% of this and the rest goes into the dealership's pocket. Ask us to work on your car on the side and we will do it for 50% off whatever the dealer is asking.-Tipping is not necessary.-Never try to rush our work, something will get smoked and I'm not able to do my job as I'd like.-If your car looks to be in good condition I'll take extra care of the car.-I don't mind you watching me work on your car or answering questions you may have.-When I finish your oil change in 10 minutes it's because I'm not lazy and knocked it out so you can be on your way.-Please do your timing belts I don't like seeing motors blow up because your belt snapped.-Stay away from those Jiffy Lube, Mobil, Meineke places. 9/10, when I'm working on your car I can see something they screwed up.-If you don't like squeaking brake pads don't put that cheap Auto Zone, Pep Boys crap and buy OEM.

Are you flat rate or hourly? How long have you been a mechanic?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

geeksquad-

if you are mean i will put your computer at the end of the line/or refuse to work on it at all
if you are old or i think you are cute i will usually try to help you as much as i can...maybe even throw in some services for you
im not sales oriented so i give my best opinion and sometimes send you to other pc repair stores if youre cool
you bring a pc in...your pics will be looked at (not by me though but ive seen plenty of people do it)
if youre nasty and your computer is nasty as well (as in smell, dirt, etc) i wont work on it
most agents dont know what they are doing. a lot of people who cant speak english that well are usually hired to do busy work (optimization etc...)
the dci or mgs are always tryna steal your money
when you come in for a free analyzer and they tell you have such and such amount of viruses...its usually only cookies
most asus pcs are junk so if you buy one make sure you get the gsbtp for when something goes wrong. our service center doesnt have the parts to repair it. so most times customers just get a brand new laptop

IT tech-

federal gov employees really are THAT lazy and their work is so simple...myself included
you wont get anywhere if you dont smile for people

thats all i can think of right now
alien.gif

Originally Posted by allout46

working at yahoo hot jobs recruitment media...

no one pays full price for recruitment packages. you can always bargain and negotiate prices up to 50% or greater...
Employers pay tons of money looking for canidates.

btw...

we did this tuesday....

i'm the dude with the red shirt

thats awesome. i wish my company did fun stuff like that haha. smh you didnt win
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Mr Anleu wrote:
Retail (Sears, Target, etc.)
I heard a good way to get cheap electronics from Sears, is to buy it, return it, then have a friend buy "the opened box"
heard they give you like 30% off at this point
do they still do this?
obviously works best if you have an employee holding the items for you.

???

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Already did this for my concert stuff and not gonna do one for my other job...but here's some stuff i see from Barbacking...

- Tip the bartender well. Weak tips? they are gonna pretend to not hear you, weak drinks etc...Tip well? they go right back to you, strong drinks, free shots.
- That girl you were feelin' and got a # from? She comes in twice a week and goes home with a different guy everytime.
- That girl you bought a drink for? She already had 3 different guys buy her drinks before you got there. (the trick is to be the last one
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)
- Even though they aren't supposed to, a good amount of bartenders drink on the job. that soda they're drinking? half full of rum.
- Don't act up. you'll be kicked out IMMEDIATELY. nobody wants to be held accountable for your %$+. vomit? GONE. put your head down? GONE. fall asleep? GONE. If you are a chick, we'll call a cab and get you home. a dude? you're getting dragged out. and don't resist or talk %##* either, it's your drunk word against the establishment. yeah, no chance. unfortunately a couple of our door guys abuse this, never thrown any blows though.
- If our boss is drunk or gone, it's on as far as drinking
roll.gif
one of the bartenders was giving us tall jack and cokes half filled with whiskey
laugh.gif
we were thrashed, that's including shots customers took with us that night
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

- I try my best to be polite, but if i've got a tray full of dirty glasses and i've had to ask you 4 times to move already that night, it's going right into your back. I won't have to ask again.
- Only seen ONE big fight while i've been there, some dude was hitting on a guys wife, got ran up on, other guy hits him, wife gets in the way and gets Snookied. royal rumble starts
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
CRAZY. tables falling over, glass everywhere, chick was gushing blood from her nose. Thankfully that hasn't happened in awhile.

is the "no drinking" just a policy at your bar or pretty universal?

NTers will probably flame me for it, but whether the bartender is a guy or girl, if they are cool I enjoy buying an extra shot for them to join in on the festivities.  Should I refrain from doing so in the future?  I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

pretty universal. but our bartenders take shots with customers all the time, and customers even buy some to take with me and the door guys.
pimp.gif

Best believe you are getting stronger drinks than anyone else in the bar. And naw, you won't get them in trouble.

Animal Hospital:

- You may think I take extra care of your dead pet...in reality, after we kill it (put it to sleep), I sling it into a black garbage back and throw it into a freezer until the cremation guy comes and picks it up. I've actually broken a couple pets' bones on accident when removing them from the freezer.
- I even slap/punch especially nippy dogs. Yes, I may have punched your precious Chihuahua or Pomeranian.

Disgusting and ridiculous. I can't believe you'd actually admit to this.

Animal Hospital:

laugh.gif
)
- Don't leave beds or blankets with your pet...it WILL get lost. I was thousands of blankets a day...I have no time to keep track of yours.
- There have been times when I've trained a few dogs to do tricks in my spare time on the job. Only for the nice ones, though.
- If your dog is overly aggressive and you leave him/her/it at the hospital and it attacks one of us...you might as well kiss it goodbye. We're killing it.

I feel like throwing up

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Animal Hospital:

seriously this dude needs to go to prison...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I may have posted in this thread already...but I'm not checking, nor do I remember.

Sears:

- Never buy into those credit cards. We're only selling them to you because we get commission. Any money saved by buying a TV with a Sears Card will go right back to Sears because of the interest on the card. VERY blatant scam.
- Don't ask for the "hook up." Only people who can change the prices are managers. I can't help you.
- Don't buy electronics from Sears. You can get em WAY cheaper damn near everywhere else.
- If you're cool, I'll look up the lowest price for whatever you're trying to buy and send you to the store where you can get it
- If you're mean, I'll actively search for a way to make you pay the highest possible price.

Animal Hospital:

laugh.gif
)

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
{
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Animal Hospital:

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
People like this disgust me...
But I can't say I'm surprised from someone who also said this:
[h3][/h3]
[h3]When I Get Rich…[/h3]
Here’s a list of things I’m going to do:
  1. Take a stack of $20 bills, and make a roll of toilet paper out of them.
  2. Buy one of those European toilets that spray your +#$ with the water.
  3. Travel the world SOLELY to taste food.
  4. Go to Asian countries to see if the women really be feenin for black guys.
  5. Go to a lesser developed country with American dollars so I can feel like a baller.
  6. Move to some part of Europe.
  7. Purchase a hostel.
  8. Start an orphanage.
  9. Have some more kids.
Not necessarily in that order…

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Adding on as a mechanic at a Honda dealership...-Labor rate is $110/hr, usually mechanics only see 10%-15% of this and the rest goes into the dealership's pocket. Ask us to work on your car on the side and we will do it for 50% off whatever the dealer is asking.-Tipping is not necessary.-Never try to rush our work, something will get smoked and I'm not able to do my job as I'd like.-If your car looks to be in good condition I'll take extra care of the car.-I don't mind you watching me work on your car or answering questions you may have.-When I finish your oil change in 10 minutes it's because I'm not lazy and knocked it out so you can be on your way.-Please do your timing belts I don't like seeing motors blow up because your belt snapped.-Stay away from those Jiffy Lube, Mobil, Meineke places. 9/10, when I'm working on your car I can see something they screwed up.-If you don't like squeaking brake pads don't put that cheap Auto Zone, Pep Boys crap and buy OEM.

Are you flat rate or hourly? How long have you been a mechanic?

I'm a flat rate technician and I've been working at this dealership for 3 years.  You might know it, Rick Case Honda I-75 and Griffin Rd.  It's a pretty big dealership, we have an Express Service area with about 30 person staff, Main Shop/Warranty Area 30 person staff, Full Body shop 40 person staff, Court of Clerks (You can get married at our dealership lol), Barber Shop, Cafe,   Detail Area, New/Used car sales, Car Rental (Hertz), on site Geico, Gas Station

Here's a pic of the entire dealership The big building in the rear is the parking garage, body shop, Luxe Collection, and Express Service.
pic_rick_case_honda.jpg

Getting a girl to pop off on the low is about %1000 easier to achieve then on camera even with model release forms and $$

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I had a flash drive with 1gb full of nudes from various pc's bought in
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ebpo

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Animal Hospital:

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
People like this disgust me...
But I can't say I'm surprised from someone who also said this:
[h3][/h3]
[h3]When I Get Rich…[/h3]
Here’s a list of things I’m going to do:
  1. Take a stack of $20 bills, and make a roll of toilet paper out of them.
  2. Buy one of those European toilets that spray your +#$ with the water.
  3. Travel the world SOLELY to taste food.
  4. Go to Asian countries to see if the women really be feenin for black guys.
  5. Go to a lesser developed country with American dollars so I can feel like a baller.
  6. Move to some part of Europe.
  7. Purchase a hostel.
  8. Start an orphanage.
  9. Have some more kids.
Not necessarily in that order…

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure that whole list is a joke, though.
I mean, he said he wanted to use $20 as toilet paper...

Back
Top Bottom