Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Don't ever buy Applecare from the Apple Store. They pressured us to push it on customers and it's such a waste of money. NOTHING will go wrong for your Mac in the first couple years of owning it, it'll be after warranty expires (if anything were to happen).
laugh.gif

Wrong on that one. I went through three batteries and two chargers in my first three years, as well as a broken optical drive, and most people that got my model (2006 MacbookPro) had it just as bad. I would have been screwed without the Applecare. Even the optical drive they "replaced" the broken one with last summer already won't read CD's and eats them up and won't eject them. It's funny cus I NEVER use my drive, like I would say less than 10 times a year. So how the hell is it already broken?

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Don't ever buy Applecare from the Apple Store. They pressured us to push it on customers and it's such a waste of money. NOTHING will go wrong for your Mac in the first couple years of owning it, it'll be after warranty expires (if anything were to happen).
laugh.gif

Wrong on that one. I went through three batteries and two chargers in my first three years, as well as a broken optical drive, and most people that got my model (2006 MacbookPro) had it just as bad. I would have been screwed without the Applecare. Even the optical drive they "replaced" the broken one with last summer already won't read CD's and eats them up and won't eject them. It's funny cus I NEVER use my drive, like I would say less than 10 times a year. So how the hell is it already broken?
That's a lemon, trust me on that one. I have owned about... 12-13 Macs, worked there for a while, always on Mac boards... You don't need Applecare.

If you're a good looking female, and smile/say hi to me, I'll hook you up with a little discount
wink.gif

Generally, when buying a company, you'll want to structure it as an asset deal (as opposed to a stock deal).  The biggest benefit is the step up in basis, which allows you to depreciate the assets over your ownership period.  Most sellers want a stock deal though because it saves them from double tax.  If they do an asset deal the company that owns the assets has to pay tax on the gain and the shareholder has to pay taxes on its distribution.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif

That's a lemon, trust me on that one. I have owned about... 12-13 Macs, worked there for a while, always on Mac boards... You don't need Applecare.

my macbook pro has gone through almost 3 grand in repairs....

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

university registrar's office

- ΑΦΑ & AKA are probably the most sought after black greek organizations, according to several stats i have seen

Can you elaborate?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Senor Giles

my macbook pro has gone through almost 3 grand in repairs....
Should've had Applecare.
laugh.gif

No, seriously, for every one or two people who have a crapload of problems with their MBP's, I can name 50 that don't have any problems in 3-5 years of ownership. Personally, I've had about 5-6 MBP's and only once did I have a problem, which was the casing coming apart. That was a result of lots of wrist contact and it was taken care of.

I know a couple people with old Powerbooks that have never seen a repair. Now... I quit Apple for many reasons, one being how they treat employees, but quality on their laptops is pretty damn solid. Half of the problems people would bring their Macs in for, were user fault/error. Sorry, not the company's fault that you dropped the laptop and lied about it. Not the company's fault you spilled coffee on your keyboard. Not the company's fault you tried installing RAM and botched it.

tech for PC distributor - 95% of the time the customers who scream "@#$%, do you know how much we spend in your company!?" are the ones who spend about a fraction of what "real customers" spend ($55,000 annually compared to $15 million 
laugh.gif
)... these are the same people that get laughed at and purposely receive bad service for their attitudes..
lesson:  you ain't doing it unless your spending at least 6figs..until you get to that point.. i suggest you know your role

awesome thread BTW 
glasses.gif

tech for PC distributor - 95% of the time the customers who scream "@#$%, do you know how much we spend in your company!?" are the ones who spend about a fraction of what "real customers" spend ($55,000 annually compared to $15 million 
laugh.gif
)... these are the same people that get laughed at and purposely receive bad service for their attitudes..
lesson:  you ain't doing it unless your spending at least 6figs..until you get to that point.. i suggest you know your role

awesome thread BTW 
glasses.gif

Business Aviation

Most of the parts are manufactured to withstand a ridiculous amount of heat and stress.  The chance of failure is extremely low.  That is why this bolt sells for 100x what a similar bolt from Home Depot does.

Old white men hate black men, but they have all paid to "spend time" with a black woman.

A guy in an office would rather talk to a hot woman (or one with a nice voice) that cannot answer any of his questions than a guy who knows his stuff.
A guy in the hanger wants someone who knows what they are talking about.

Crop dusters will use parts that a charter service would NEVER think about using.

Until recently, airlines only bought new material.  Now, they will buy some used material (nothing critical).

-dont ever let a doctor control yours or your loved ones life, do your own research and always ask questions, Doctors are alot more stupid than the average joe thinks.

Originally Posted by I Am Georgia

-When wiring ped push buttons in Gwinnett county, white/black is main line and red/black is side street.
-Ped Push buttons must be 42 inches up from the ground.
-Traffic lights must be anywhere between 16 and 19 feet high.
I hate Gwinnett county

My current job: Lowe's

- Products that have a 1, 2, 3, etc. warranty that is standard through the manufacturer are usually limited. Companies like Black and Decker, Kobalt, and Delta usually have full or, even, lifetime warranties.

- We may offer a extended warranty, from Lowe's service advantage. Unlike most companies' warranties, a Lowe's extended warranty covers all parts of the product. If you plug in your refrigerator and it doesn't work, you can call the SA number and we will send someone out to fix it or have it replace free of charge.

- When painting a room, it's a good idea to put a coat of primer on the wall(s) before the actual paint. The primer makes the paint stick better, therefore saving you money because you don't have to put on multiple coats of paint.

-If you going to have a custom paint done; please, please, please purchase it in a sample can, if possible, and try it out in a small area where you want to have painted. I have returned many, many, many gallons of custom paint because the customers decided not test it out first. They end up painting their desired area(s) and the paint doesn't look how it did in the store. Natural and artificial light is a factor to consider when it's time to paint a room.

- If you want a item and the store you're at are sold out or it's not stocked, go to customer service and politely ask the associate to check other stores to see if they carry the item.

- If you have a item that has been opened or damaged, ask the manager for a discount. 10% is the discount usually given on opened or damaged goods. If the item is heavily damaged, then the discount would be more. Don't ask for 50% off for a little scratch or dent on a refrigerator.
roll.gif

- Don't ask the cashier to use their employee discount on your purchase.
laugh.gif

- You have to be patient when it comes to special orders. Sometimes vendors run into problems at their factories and therefore causing your product(s) to arrive at a later date then initially set. The associate that did your order, most likely, will give you a call about any developments on your special order.

- Don't get mad at customer service and the cashiers if the lines are packed and/or you can't get help from associates on the floor. Most likely, corporate probably wanted hours cut that day and part-time cashiers are the first ones that get called-off  and then department associates.

Ticket office( 3 yrs):

-Most of the time, if you are rude the seller will get you worse seats and tell you they are the "best available"
-"Best available" is selected from the most center and lowest, so sometimes there is lower seats available that are less "centered"
-I can get as close as I want to any show, you have a 5% chance
-Those presale codes that "fanclubs" get, I've had them for a 2 plus weeks.
-The internet is the best chance to get great seats, if youre sleeping in line and your NOT the first customer to that window, you have a very slim chance getting good seats.
-Tickets are on hold" by the ticket manager, these are to make sure that scalpers dont get the whole lot in the first 10 mins, but WE never know when those will be released.
-Sometimes producers will hold the show up just to get make sure they can get every last paying customer in
- I can see your full CC# on every purchase for about 10-15 secs on screen.

I can answer any other questions if you got any.

laugh.gif

isnt this how ALL retail warranties work? i always urge my dad NOT to get these.. dude insists he needs warranty for every damn thing he buys 
laugh.gif

BTW.. this is my new favorite thread 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Ticket office( 3 yrs):

-Most of the time, if you are rude the seller will get you worse seats and tell you they are the "best available"
-"Best available" is selected from the most center and lowest, so sometimes there is lower seats available that are less "centered"
-I can get as close as I want to any show, you have a 5% chance
-Those presale codes that "fanclubs" get, I've had them for a 2 plus weeks.
-The internet is the best chance to get great seats, if youre sleeping in line and your NOT the first customer to that window, you have a very slim chance getting good seats.
-Tickets are on hold" by the ticket manager, these are to make sure that scalpers dont get the whole lot in the first 10 mins, but WE never know when those will be released.
-Sometimes producers will hold the show up just to get make sure they can get every last paying customer in
- I can see your full CC# on every purchase for about 10-15 secs on screen.

I can answer any other questions if you got any.
Why is it that i can never get Lakers tickets for playoff or finals (having that presale code)

The cost of a lost or stolen laptop extends far beyond the $1,500 to replace the hard­ware. The average value of a lost laptop is $49,246.
This value is based on 7 cost components: replacement cost, detection, forensics, data breach, lost intellectual property costs, lost productivity and legal expenses.
Data breaches, often the result of employees carelessly loading laptops with sensitive data, account for 80% of the cost of lost laptops.

OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:
wink.gif

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

university registrar's office

- ΑΦΑ & AKA are probably the most sought after black greek organizations, according to several stats i have seen

Can you elaborate?
nerd.gif

saw some documents showing applicant #'s for the organizations from a few schools. as far as the legitimacy is concerned, i did see it from someone who works here so whether or not the results have been tampered with, i don't have a clue. but i can speak on behalf of our school applicants and let's just say... well, OUR numbers don't lie
laugh.gif

*hope i don't upset any other greeks with this... i know how y'all get

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Generally, when buying a company, you'll want to structure it as an asset deal (as opposed to a stock deal).  The biggest benefit is the step up in basis, which allows you to depreciate the assets over your ownership period.  Most sellers want a stock deal though because it saves them from double tax.  If they do an asset deal the company that owns the assets has to pay tax on the gain and the shareholder has to pay taxes on its distribution.
Or you could elect to a section 338 taxable stock transaction, especially when titles to assets are hard to transfer.  Either way, goodwill can still be amortized for tax purposes!

Back
Top Bottom