Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by NittanyBaller21

Sometimes, when a sales associate at a shoe store tells you they don't have an 11.5...they do. And oddly enough, the likeliness of this happening increases the more annoying/rude the customer becomes.

This. I used to do this when I worked at Nike.

Anyway, on to my new job... I work at the airport and let me tell yall...

- Just because they stick a "Fragile" sticker on the box, doesn't mean we're gonna be careful.

- Just because it has a "Priority" tag attached, doesn't mean we're rushing so you can get your luggages first.

- Put a lock on your luggages, you best believe workers go through your $+## and if they like it, they're taking it.

- Do NOT stuff your luggages, nobody wants to stack 100lb bags, if your bag is heavy, BELIEVE that workers are spitting on it, putting boogers on it, dropping it and throwing it around.
Ohhh and I forgot to add... don't drink airplane water, seriously don't be cheap and just buy soda.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Ticket office( 3 yrs):

-Most of the time, if you are rude the seller will get you worse seats and tell you they are the "best available"
-"Best available" is selected from the most center and lowest, so sometimes there is lower seats available that are less "centered"
-I can get as close as I want to any show, you have a 5% chance
-Those presale codes that "fanclubs" get, I've had them for a 2 plus weeks.
-The internet is the best chance to get great seats, if youre sleeping in line and your NOT the first customer to that window, you have a very slim chance getting good seats.
-Tickets are on hold" by the ticket manager, these are to make sure that scalpers dont get the whole lot in the first 10 mins, but WE never know when those will be released.
-Sometimes producers will hold the show up just to get make sure they can get every last paying customer in
- I can see your full CC# on every purchase for about 10-15 secs on screen.

I can answer any other questions if you got cant

Velveeta cheese has an expiration date on the package because any food that can be sold as perishable has to have that. Velveeta cheese never expires. It's like a twinky.

If you walk into a hotel and tell em you want the best room available like you have some sort of right to it and want it for free, you're not going to get it, in fact you might end up in something below what you were supposed to be in to begin with.

Oh and make sure you DONT bring only your DEBIT card to a hotel, bring a freaking CC. Its a pain in the %%% with debit cards on the hotels part as well as your own.

Originally Posted by theconditioner

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Generally, when buying a company, you'll want to structure it as an asset deal (as opposed to a stock deal).  The biggest benefit is the step up in basis, which allows you to depreciate the assets over your ownership period.  Most sellers want a stock deal though because it saves them from double tax.  If they do an asset deal the company that owns the assets has to pay tax on the gain and the shareholder has to pay taxes on its distribution.
Or you could elect to a section 338 taxable stock transaction, especially when titles to assets are hard to transfer.  Either way, goodwill can still be amortized for tax purposes!
smokin.gif

Your mattress doubles in weight every 8-10 years. Doubles.

It sits there and collects dust, sweat, and skin over the years and never gets cleaned or washed.

Liquid residue on the mattress can also leak onto the springs and rust... making it ultra dank.

Buy a mattress protector, please.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Oh and make sure you DONT bring only your DEBIT card to a hotel, bring a freaking CC. Its a pain in the %%% with debit cards on the hotels part as well as your own.
what if you have a debit card with a visa logo on it? is that frowned upon? 

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Ticket office( 3 yrs):

-Most of the time, if you are rude the seller will get you worse seats and tell you they are the "best available"
-"Best available" is selected from the most center and lowest, so sometimes there is lower seats available that are less "centered"
-I can get as close as I want to any show, you have a 5% chance
-Those presale codes that "fanclubs" get, I've had them for a 2 plus weeks.
-The internet is the best chance to get great seats, if youre sleeping in line and your NOT the first customer to that window, you have a very slim chance getting good seats.
-Tickets are on hold" by the ticket manager, these are to make sure that scalpers dont get the whole lot in the first 10 mins, but WE never know when those will be released.
-Sometimes producers will hold the show up just to get make sure they can get every last paying customer in
- I can see your full CC# on every purchase for about 10-15 secs on screen.

I can answer any other questions if you got any.
Why is it that i can never get Lakers tickets for playoff or finals (having that presale code)
There is usually a very small amount of tickets released to the public and the amount of people trying to get them far outweighs the availability.  Your not only competing with fans, but thousands of brokers/scalpers who are going to make a killing on those tickets.  Best chance is to reduce the amount your looking for and if continue to search over and over -- if someone is looking at a seat online and they refresh to find a different location or they time out on the transaction more seats become available.  If purchasing through the box office & you are polite and sometimes offer a tip to the right people you might get a seat upgrade as well if they seller has access to do this 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

paint on the sidewalk/grass in your yard/the street=
blue=water under ground
yellow=gar underground
red=electric underground
orange=phone underground
eek.gif
interesting, makes me wanna run outside and look for colored paint on the sidewalks..

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

what if you have a debit card with a visa logo on it? is that frowned upon? 
Its not about that, a hotel is gonna authorize x amount of credit on your CC but if its a debit card it puts a hold on the credit (money) in the account. Ive seen so many debit cards either get declined because they dont have the $600 (or however much money) in the account OR it puts a hold on almost all of their money then they go and use that same card at a restaurant and they use it as a debit card and causes it to overdraft.

Usually these people get pissed at the hotel for holding money on their account but this is why they should know better in the first place. 

If you wanna pay with your debit card for the hotel, thats fine, you can bring it with you to check out of the hotel and youll see the exact amount on the bill withdrawn from your checking acct, but get a CREDIT card authorized when you check in.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

university registrar's office

- there are loopholes to EVERY rule, just make sure you can argue/defend your claim wisely

- if something isn't working out for you, ask to speak to the supervisor.. then keep going up & up until you finally get what you want. i can't tell you how many times i've told someone no, only for them to come back the next day with a letter from the VP of the school saying "YES"
smh.gif

- @ the end of the day, we just want your money. some schools reeeeally want to be selective in who they accept, but the # on your head is of greater value then your actual grades (attendance numbers)

- ΑΦΑ & AKA are probably the most sought after black greek organizations, according to several stats i have seen

- Grant monies given to specific departments hardly ever remain in that one department; they are forced to spread the wealth

- So long as you have one solid person behind you (preferrably an administrator), consider yourself a step above the general population  

pimp.gif

Retail at Macys:

- If you come to the counter/approach me with an attitude, most likely you'll get one back. I'm 9 classes away from my degree, I really have nothing to lose while working here.

- I don't care how much money you spend at Macys, that doesn't affect how I'll be paid for the 5-10 mins I'm in contact with you.

- Nearly every weekend, Macys has a sale. But you coming up and asking me "Do you have a coupon?" or "What can I get off of this?" gets that coupon placed back out of your view.

- Yeah, I'm black and your black, but that's not going to get me to just GIVE you a coupon either.

- If you see me folding a section of clothes, the majority of the time I probably just folded the ones your about to touch. Please please please don't dig to the bottom of a pile if you wear a small size. All the piles go from smallest to largest, if it's not on the top it's probably not in the store.

- If this is your 3rd or 4th weekend that you're buying something and you pull out another wad of over 500+ $'s, what's good? I know what you do for a living, lemme hold a Dub. You've probably already made it back in the time it took me to ring you out. 

- My manager is less educated than I am. I'm smarter than he is, don't ask to speak to him when I tell you what the coupon excludes, my comprehension is higher than his.

- If you see me take my nametag off in the store... NO! I can't help you I'm either on break or off from work. I've delt with over 50 people like you today. 

- If you put it on lay-a-way within the last 30 mins of the store closing, you better hope I work tomorrow, because if I don't I won't hold it. You probably won't remember my name by tomorrow. 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

From my internship with Rivals.com:

- On the other side of things, Cris Carter (old Vikings WR) is a  complete douche and idiot. His son is spoiled and just as douchey.
- Kids will lie to you about their college recruitment all the time. I had a kid tell me that Louisville and Arkansas wanted him for basketball, and he ended up going to North Dakota State. Yeah, ok.
Alchemist IQwrote:
5. I expect any Asian customer that walks in, will never buy any kindof warranty. I Even made a bet with my co-workers if they can sell awarranty to any Asian customer i'll give them $20 its been 2 months noone hasn't won yet.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

donttalkitlivitwrote:
cleansneaksonly21wrote:
Ticket office( 3 yrs):

-Those presale codes that "fanclubs" get, I've had them for a 2 plusweeks.

I can answer any other questions if you gotcant

so whats the earliest you can get NFL tickets? estimate

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

We will never cure "cancer"
frown.gif

On a brighter and more specific note; Sickle cell anemia is one of many diseases that will be cured by genetically engineered stem cells.
happy.gif

This is NOT true. You should know cancers are caused by a diversity of factors genetic, environmental, and viral. We already have "vaccines" for certain cancers. I believe with research in molecular bio/ immunology researchers can develop specific chemicals that help our immune system specifically target cancerous cells with minimal harm to our body.

Nothing is impossible in science, it just takes time.
ohwell.gif
Well, just as you said it's a multi-factorial disease. We do have cures for some and treatment to prevent some such as vaccines for HPV, but we will never cure "cancer" as in a one cure all drug because it's multi-factorial. Too many causes and too many differing abnormal genetic expression patterns to have a cure all.

That's what I meant, but just wanted to simplify it.

So, we might, but not in our lifetime.
There really is only one underlying root cause. The only role genetics play is that they determine how susceptible a person is to a certain type of cancer. Many people have cured cancer but mainstream western medicine wont have any of it because "alternative medicine" is not lucrative. 

roll.gif
Stop please my sides hurt

Originally Posted by wanksta23

frown.gif

On a brighter and more specific note; Sickle cell anemia is one of many diseases that will be cured by genetically engineered stem cells.
happy.gif

im curious to know why you say this?
i have read that we HAVE found numerous cures for cancer and even HIV/AIDS but the gov. wont let it be released because were over populated...i know this is on some over the top +%$, doesn't mean i believe in it
laugh.gif
Read below. Cancer is multi-factorial, there is no cure all, but we do have treatments that works for some sub-types. HIV/AIDS is very hard to cure because the virus is always mutating.

You need to stop listening to or going to where ever you are getting that info from. Bad source. lol we DO NOT have a cure for all cancer sub-types and we do not have a cure for all forms of HIV/AIDS.

frown.gif

happy.gif

This is NOT true. You should know cancers are caused by a diversity of factors genetic, environmental, and viral. We already have "vaccines" for certain cancers. I believe with research in molecular bio/ immunology researchers can develop specific chemicals that help our immune system specifically target cancerous cells with minimal harm to our body.

ohwell.gif
Well, just as you said it's a multi-factorial disease. We do have cures for some and treatment to prevent some such as vaccines for HPV, but we will never cure "cancer" as in a one cure all drug because it's multi-factorial. Too many causes and too many differing abnormal genetic expression patterns to have a cure all.

One universal cause of most cancers has to do with the integrity of the cell cycle....if we can develop  a drug that stabilizes it for life, we may be able to prevent all forms of cancer for good.

Good luck finding a drug that stabilizes cell proliferation in only cancer cells and not your normal rapidly proliferation cells. Chemotherapeutics already targets rapidly proliferating cancer cells, but we can see that it only goes so far. Remember cancer cells are still your cells, just out of control. Even a slow growing cancer cell can soon wreck havoc if you do not target its other needs besides cell cycle induction. Although you could survive longer the cancer cells still have the ability to break through the basement membrane because of no contact inhibition and will metastasize. 

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

blue=water under ground
yellow=gar underground
red=electric underground
orange=phone underground
eek.gif
interesting, makes me wanna run outside and look for colored paint on the sidewalks..
not gonna lie, i've been looking at the sidewalks around my crib since reading that
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

LE can legally have you committed for up to 72 hours for no reason.

A judge is the only person on this planet who can legally declare you incompetent.

The reason you have to sign your life away when you buy Claritin is because you're name is entered into a database and apparently you could potentially producing Meth

Do not ever argue with ya girl in public esp. if you have children, worst case scenerio, you might have to leave your home for up to a month or call a relative to prevent losing your children, child services WILL come (esp. if you are minority).

Mainly how people defraud the Gov't is by saying their children have ADD, get them on Ritalin, receive SSI (672 a month) for the child, FOR LIFE!!!!!!! (Did I mention people have babies just to do this?)
smh.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Former NBA player Tony Massenberg has a 711 Experian credit score and is looking for financing for a startup restaurant.
laugh.gif

I always find it amusing when I am submitted credit apps from pseudo-celebrities and/or athletes who are looking for financing, especially considering the fact that I deal solely with the sub-prime market.  I had one from a former Laker (the name escapes me) and one of my colleagues had an app submitted for a member of the Super Bowl Ravens squad (I think it was Siragusa, but not 100% sure).  I mean cmon man... you guys played pro ball and got paid millions of dollars.  You really need a $50K loan?

- Even a small collection account can seriously hurt your credit score
- If you forget to make a payment on a credit card or other account but have had good pay history in the past, call your card company up and make a phony balogny excuse and ask them to waive the late charge and remove any delinquent notice on your account.  You'd be surprised how easily this can work.
- If you have sub 600 credit, dont try to bluff the lender by threatening to "go to my local bank where I can get a 6% interest rate."  You and I both know no one is giving you 6% or even 16% interest in this market, so stop wasting my time.

Timeskeeper for AAU Easter Classic back in 06
Mike Bibby is a douche
P. Miller is a cool dude but lil Romeo sucks its his teammates that helped him look halfway decent

Phlebotomist(lab technician/person who draws blood)
Alot (not all) of labs do not give out your test results you have to go to your primary physician for results
I dont know why but many people like to come in with attitude and are rude remember we are working with needles we know how to make it hurt if we want
if you have small veins ask for them to use a Butterfly needle
if you need results asap tell your DOCTOR to mark it as Stat

Originally Posted by I Am Georgia

Originally Posted by larrivee7

blue=water under ground
yellow=gar underground
red=electric underground
orange=phone underground
+ green = sanitary sewer
wink.gif

You a locator?  Or work for a utility company?
work at Atlanta gas light

Atlanta gas light employees be chilling everytime I see them. not that theres anything wrong with that.
i work on a service crew and sometimes do concrete.. We dont have time to chill really

(Wells Fargo)
People think its okay to come and deposit big amounts of money separately or each day because they wont get monitored WRONG, you're accounts are being watched!

If Im being nice to you it's because Im trying to get sales outta you.

IDC nor do managers care if you got crazy amounts of money you can't be rude to us just because of that.

If you're told we only got small bills it's a lie WE got plenty big bills just don't wanna give them to you same goes for 2 dollar bills.

People always think banks got all kinds of money in the vaults its FALSE we got 200-300k TOPS

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by I Am Georgia

-When wiring ped push buttons in Gwinnett county, white/black is main line and red/black is side street.
-Ped Push buttons must be 42 inches up from the ground.
-Traffic lights must be anywhere between 16 and 19 feet high.
I hate Gwinnett county
I live in Gwinnett!

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

frown.gif

happy.gif

ohwell.gif

There really is only one underlying root cause. The only role genetics play is that they determine how susceptible a person is to a certain type of cancer. Many people have cured cancer but mainstream western medicine wont have any of it because "alternative medicine" is not lucrative. 

roll.gif
Stop please my sides hurt
roll.gif

seriously. I doubt this kid even took Bio 101 (or the equivalent)

Back
Top Bottom