\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I like how people in here talking like V8's arent a dying breed. Boosted V6's are the future since they are more efficient, reliable and versatile than V8's...

V8s are efficient at making power
V8s are reliable at making power throughout the rev range
V8s are versatile because they can be swapped into any car

I like how people in here talking like V8's arent a dying breed. Boosted V6's are the future since they are more efficient, reliable and versatile than V8's...

Hippie left wing talk

What if I wanna boost my v8?

If u boost da v8 its game over for da six bangers

And if i absolutely had to go below 8 cylinders id have to go 4 banger instead of boosted 6 shoutout to da subie boiz

v8s

We everywhere :pimp:

I'll just leave the whole "versatile" thing alone, because that's just nonsense, and I have no idea what you mean by that. If by more efficient you mean more power from less cubic inches when a engine is boosted, well duh, that's the whole point of adding a supercharger or turbo.

But the whole reliable thing? Please explain to me how a boosted V6 (which has more moving parts due to forced induction, plus is, you know boosted) is more reliable than a N/A V8 :lol:

I'll wait.

Last edited:
V8s are efficient at making power
V8s are reliable at making power throughout the rev range
V8s are versatile because they can be swapped into any car
I had this long diserrtation about this, but honestly my dude we aint gonna put a end this debate on NT lol so yall got it...

:lol: @ dissertations when you have Google

Everyone knows Google is >>> :lol: :smh:
Ok lets get back to that Mustang topic. For the less than the price of the BASE V8, a tuned V6 with intake does 12's. With drag radials it will shave even more off...
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...s-13s-stock-much-faster-with-intake-and-tune/

Having a base V8 wont get you that p****
giphy.gif

12.98 is impressive, but last years GT did like 12.6 stock IIRC

Also... that's a 4banger, not v6.

Ok lets get back to that Mustang topic. For the less than the price of the BASE V8, a tuned V6 with intake does 12's. With drag radials it will shave even more off...
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...s-13s-stock-much-faster-with-intake-and-tune/

Having a base V8 wont get you that p****
By any chance are you related to a guy on here called Superb?

I see you cherry picked your info from that link, but neglected to mention that they turned up the line pressure on the trans, and were pushing 22 PSI. Lets see how long that lasts....... and how much you saved over the V8....... when the engine and trans need a rebuild. Plus the V8 still beats that 1/4 mile time.

But hey, you'll look pretty cool at the drag strip almost keeping up to V8's until smoke comes pouring out the hood!

Last edited:
Lol my bad it was a 4banger, and literally the first link when I googled.

Lol Anyways this car is the reason I love v6's so much. Its my favorite of all time, good luck convincing me other wise. Its overlooked as a muscle car but it hangs with Vipers with the right tune...

1987-buick-grand-national-front-quarter.jpg

Last edited:

Lol Anyways this car is the reason I love v6's so much. Its my favorite of all time, good luck convincing me other wise. Its overlooked as a muscle car but it hangs with Vipers with the right tune...
Alright, now we're on the same page. If your boosted V6 bias comes from loving the Grand national, I'm good with that :smokin

Last edited:
Last edited:

Alright, now we're on the same page. If your boosted V6 bias comes from loving the Grand national, I'm good with that :smokin
Indeed.

I hate when someone says well if i add a tune and intake it can beat ur v8

Well if i add a tune and intake to a v8 itll demolish ur v6

FOH with that logic man
bolt ons and tunes do a lot more for turbo cars than they do for NA cars.  This is where that statement comes from

Yeah i understand but im talking about the principle.

Ppl be comparing a stock engine to a tuned engine. Of course theres a difference. F1 engines have 6 cylinders but will demolish a stock a v12

Back
Top Bottom