\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Smart cars are probably one of the safest from a personal account of one of my home girls who was in a wreck in one.

She said it was like being in a bubble surrounded by airbags seesh the whole car is an air bag

former Steelers LB James Harrison (6'0", 275 lbs.) drives a smart car...

they are so freakin useful for city driving...i was sitting at a starbucks off P street NW in DC (in front of the whole foods) which is very congested area, and one parallel parked into a spot any normal sized car couldn't fit into...
I see alot of them in the DMV I just cant get with them. I could see this as being a nice starter car though.

Need some help guys

Ive been in the market for a new (weekend/project/ potential slow track) car.

With that said im having a pretty hard time narrowing down my choices.

It has to be Manual and i really dont want to pay more than say 25k ( im open to pay a little more for more car)

I dont "need" another car so i can wait and pay more if its worth it.

Right now my top choices are totally different cars so its making me realize i have no idea what i want.

My question to you guys is how do you go about narrowing down your choice?

My top pics for those that are interested are bmw 135i, 987 cayman, and a evo X.
get the evo x or the bmw if you're gonna make it a project/track car that alone should eliminate the porsche

definitely test drive the 135i and evo x test drive the 335i too just for good measure as a 335i owner id say get da 335i :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Need some help guys

Ive been in the market for a new (weekend/project/ potential slow track) car.

With that said im having a pretty hard time narrowing down my choices.

It has to be Manual and i really dont want to pay more than say 25k ( im open to pay a little more for more car)

I dont "need" another car so i can wait and pay more if its worth it.

Right now my top choices are totally different cars so its making me realize i have no idea what i want.

My question to you guys is how do you go about narrowing down your choice?

My top pics for those that are interested are bmw 135i, 987 cayman, and a evo X.
i totally missed the part where you said this was going to be a weekend/track car.  in that case, the Evo 8/9 is a better platform for you than the X..........

Last edited:
320 lb-ft or torque or whatever in a car that heavy is what I consider underpowered.
Yeah there are faster cars in the same class for sure but I like the overall package that it provides. Plus you don't see many of them on the road.

I wouldn't really call the RS5 underpowered....

320 lb-ft or torque or whatever in a car that heavy is what I consider underpowered.

Its no where near underpowered... its an Autobahn cruiser with 450hp and a redline close to 9000 rpm. The car was developed for highway performance, not street drags...although its still plenty fast to hold its own in those too :lol:

Last edited:
Exactly.. plus it's not just a sports car, it's a luxury vehicle, made by a luxury brand.....:lol:

just like the M3 & C63 coupe..

Last edited:

^

A5.

Tints are a cheat code IMO, put tints on almost any car and makes it 10x better. Those 5 spoke S line wheels (dont know what theyre officially called) and that A5 is set.
So truuuuu man, Ive only seen a couple cars that looked better without tint.

You talking about these wheels?

Get them size 20. Had them for about 2 years loved them. Completely changed the car, and lower it just A bit. I drive an a4 though.

Okay - lets agree to disagree. You guys go ahead and pay $70k or $80k for the RS5. Personally, I'll opt for the $45k M235i with more torque (and is almost guaranteed to be more fun to drive).

My brother has a 335 and i really like it but i wouldn't want the exact same car as him. Thats how i even stumbled upon the 135. Test drove one while he was picking up his car. The 8 and 9 while i like the exterior a lot more than the X a stock un molested one is hard to find and if you find one the owner feels like they have gold in their driveway. I haven't done a lot of searching in a while but i remember seeing one on evolution m i think that was like 4k under original msrp with like 50k miles. Because it was "stock"

Thanks for the input guys ill be sure to keep u guys updated.

Okay - lets agree to disagree. You guys go ahead and pay $70k or $80k for the RS5. Personally, I'll opt for the $45k M235i with more torque (and is almost guaranteed to be more fun to drive).
I wouldn't even put the RS5 and the M235i in the same class....

The 235i is much smaller wouldn't you say? The RS5 is sized like the M3 or 6 series coupe. Its .4 seconds slower then M6 to 60 but goes almost 25 more mph top speed for 20-30gs less.

Plus Quattro>>>>>>>>*

Last edited:
at the end of the day its all subjective and everyone has a different preference

i wouldnt buy a 2 series just based off the fact that i think its ugly :lol:

Last edited:
All the smart car talk, my shop owner has one and drives it around so he doesn't have to drive his Land Rover everyday, lol

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about the Jeep Liberty/Patriot? recently theyve been catching my eye ...

Back
Top Bottom