\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

One of my *** hole neighbours filed a noise complaint against my Jeep, :smh: . Had the cops come to my place, I wasn't home so they called me too. Apparently it's just a warning, but the next time it's a $150 fine. Not really sure what to do about that, cuz it's not going to magically get quiet. They wouldn't tell me which house either, otherwise I could just creep by their place slow. My neighbours are the worst :smh:

One of my *** hole neighbours filed a noise complaint against my Jeep, :smh: . Had the cops come to my place, I wasn't home so they called me too. Apparently it's just a warning, but the next time it's a $150 fine. Not really sure what to do about that, cuz it's not going to magically get quiet. They wouldn't tell me which house either, otherwise I could just creep by their place slow. My neighbours are the worst :smh:

Is your exhaust stock?... Aren't they required to not reach a certain dB?...

What a bunch of.... pansies. First word that came to mind. Don't even have the class to come to you and be like "hey man FYI. "

Glad my neighbors are so far cool. The one guy who lives across the side street from me has an older model ram with an exhaust on it. The annoying thing is he leaves for work around 5am but let's his truck run for like 10min. Sometimes it wakes me up and I'm a heavy sleeper. But is what it is. If it really became a problem I would talk to him. Not call the cops. And if he told me to F off I'd just say ok and while they sleep at night just rip the STI in front of his house [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Is your exhaust stock?... Aren't they required to not reach a certain dB?...
Nope not stock, it's a Borla S type with the resonators removed. TBH, it is kinda loud. But, I never rip it out of my neighbourhood, and the earliest I leave is 7am, and almost always am home before 6pm, so it's not like I'm waking people up or anything.

I asked about the dB meter too, cuz loud is super subjective. Cop was an *** hole on the phone though, I didn't really get anywhere with that. This whole thing has me contemplating selling the damn truck now, I don't need this drama, and don't want to get pulled over and given a vehicle inspection and have to pay for a new exhaust.

What a bunch of.... pansies. First word that came to mind. Don't even have the class to come to you and be like "hey man FYI. "

Glad my neighbors are so far cool. The one guy who lives across the side street from me has an older model ram with an exhaust on it. The annoying thing is he leaves for work around 5am but let's his truck run for like 10min. Sometimes it wakes me up and I'm a heavy sleeper. But is what it is. If it really became a problem I would talk to him. Not call the cops. And if he told me to F off I'd just say ok and while they sleep at night just rip the STI in front of his house [emoji]128514[/emoji]
I used a different P word, but yea :lol: . That was my initial reaction too, like ****, grow a pair and come talk to me like an adult, I'm pretty reasonable, I'm sure we could come up with a solution. I couldn't get the cop to give me their address either, because I'd love to go over there and figure out a solution.

Nope not stock, it's a Borla S type with the resonators removed. TBH, it is kinda loud. But, I never rip it out of my neighbourhood, and the earliest I leave is 7am, and almost always am home before 6pm, so it's not like I'm waking people up or anything.

I asked about the dB meter too, cuz loud is super subjective. Cop was an *** hole on the phone though, I didn't really get anywhere with that. This whole thing has me contemplating selling the damn truck now, I don't need this drama, and don't want to get pulled over and given a vehicle inspection and have to pay for a new exhaust.

7am is kinda early

but i can't imagine ever waking up because of a car starting up. maybe i'm just a really heavy sleeper or something.

Just got back from jeep.

Theyre offered me new wrangler for 32k out the door, leased. Monthly payments are 425 for the nxt 3 years.

Yay?

What worries me is the 15k mileage yearly, i drive alot lol
dont do it...my lady just leased her car

you find yourself clocking your mileage and you will feel prisoner to those 15k. 

Last edited:
I like the 964 the best as well. I like 993 a lot too but the 964 is a bit meaner. At this point I'd say 964>997>993, purely from an aesthetic standpoint. 

My car was OD loud so I welded in some bullet resonators. A lot quieter under 3k rpm and it got rid of the rasp...its still loud with headers but not obnoxious.

my neighbor has a loud older camaro and it pisses me off but only because he leaves it running 15 minutes at a time for absolutely no reason

and he never did that with his other car

I'd never tell on him but i know someone else will

it's only a matter of time

I turn on my el Camino for no reason sometimes. Well mostly so the battery won't die and just to take it around the block. I have cool neighbors though they actually have complimented the exhaust sound :lol:

Nice car, hate white

Sorry for late reply but i walked out on that offer.

I dont have all the details in me but alli can remember is the interest rate was 4.2 for leasing

Resid. Was .44 if i recall correctly.

And thats what i was worried about, the mileage. I wanna be able to enjoy my ride and not having to worry bout paying for extra mileage, but then again being able to switch cars every 3 years or so is dope too.

Manager literally came in and said im giving you a good deal, i hit him with "i want the best deal" and he just couldnt talk anymore lol.

No rush, im gonna get a car soon er or later so im not tripping right now.

Last edited:
My car was OD loud so I welded in some bullet resonators. A lot quieter under 3k rpm and it got rid of the rasp...its still loud with headers but not obnoxious.
That might be my next move. I still have the stock resonators that came with the Borla catback system. Not sure if just tossing those back in will make enough of a difference though. I've also heard that with the Borla resonators on, the drone from the exhaust is actually a little louder, which is definitely something I'm not into. Maybe a different aftermarket set of resonators would be better, I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom