Post your toys! Vol. 1?

any lego fans in here?

recently got into building sets and its my new addiction lol

would love to see others stuff so just throwing it out there

Have a medium sized flat bin at my parents crib full of random early 90's-00's stuff. Currently patiently waiting for my 3 y.o. son to take interest so that I can have an excuse to revive my obsession lol. My wife was supposed to get the ecto-1 last year but I'm still waiting… :lol: I saw the Porsche on display recently and I think I need it now. :smh:

^my son turns 3 in march and I've already started him on the city series sets.

we had a few duplo sets but he grew bored with them very quickly.

he's really into trash trucks so I started him out with set 60118 and once I saw how much he enjoyed playing with that I quickly went out and got another 4 city series vechicles and have slowly been buying up all the ones I've seen in stores

Just finished building this beast!

so i did some research on the ko lepin porsche and i think i'm go that route bcuz it'll be cheaper with all the added electronics to turn it into a remote control car plus that silver>orange they also have the ko in green as well as the original orange

would still love the black test look cw the most though 
laugh.gif

janitor janitor nice stuff but open them up and build those sets!

if not, that batman tumbler is going for 500$+ nowadays on eBay lol.

mfbeee999 mfbeee999 the Disney castle looks incredible, great stuff.

redrum3281 redrum3281 the Porsche set is really worth the $ if that's your thing. I'm after the most recent Ferrari set 10248 rn but have about 3 city series sets I need to build first.

next buy is the the Ferrari or the lego idea Maze set.

will post pics of what I have in the next few days. Glad to see other brickheads :smokin

@Janitor nice stuff but open them up and build those sets!

if not, that batman tumbler is going for 500$+ nowadays on eBay lol.

@MFBEEE999 the Disney castle looks incredible, great stuff.

@redrum3281 the Porsche set is really worth the $ if that's your thing. I'm after the most recent Ferrari set 10248 rn but have about 3 city series sets I need to build first.

next buy is the the Ferrari or the lego idea Maze set.

will post pics of what I have in the next few days. Glad to see other brickheads
smokin.gif
i got to many needs to drop the $300 but i listened to a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos on turning it into a remote control car and that part alone is like another $100 or so plus orange is such an ugly color to me, but that silver is what makes me want the porsche in the first place, no silver no buy 
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
Ordered FansToys Sovereign. Excited to have that come in soon

Yeah man. Even though I already have Tyrant, Sovereign was looking too tempting to pass up. Got him and Eligos and Kultur both on their way to me right now. Can't wait.

I really like Tyrant's alt mode but Sovereign is the best representation of Galvatron in bot mode.

Yeah man. Even though I already have Tyrant, Sovereign was looking too tempting to pass up. Got him and Eligos and Kultur both on their way to me right now. Can't wait.

Him and Eligos look great together.

I really like Tyrant's alt mode but Sovereign is the best representation of Galvatron in bot mode.

Agreed. I was hesitant at first because the height difference between Eligos and Andras a little off-putting, but I suppose I can live with it.

You guys see the Godmaster add-on's for Carnifex? As a huge Masterforce fan, I'm so excited for those.

Agreed. I was hesitant at first because the height difference between Eligos and Andras a little off-putting, but I suppose I can live with it.

You guys see the Godmaster add-on's for Carnifex? As a huge Masterforce fan, I'm so excited for those.
yup pushed me over the edge and he's now joining my dark counsel 
laugh.gif
 waiting for to find out if my wife picked up Downbeat as an anniversary gift 
happy.gif

Got this guy in today. Quick picture with my phone...

All I can say is this guy is definitely a masterpiece 

Finally getting around to finishing my MG wing gundam.

Painting the eyes was a pain in the *** but worth it. Also went and panel lined, Will post pics when everythings done

Can you breakdown the Grades/difficulty levels again? There are some beautiful looking models out there. I want this Heavyarms. It looks like a lifetime worth of dedication tho.

It goes..

High grade
Real grade
Master grade
Perfect grade

High grades come in 1/144 scale..so most end up around the 5-6 inches tall.
They can be very sticker heavy depending on the kit. Usually the small little parts will be stickers.
Some come out really well out of box...some require extra work to get them looking good.
Usually range from $10-$20

Real grades also come in 1/144 scale. They are basically master grades but just smaller size. Usually very few stickers and more parts than high grades. Articulation is really good and they pretty much always look good right out the box without any extra work.
Usually $25-$35

Master grades come in 1/100 scale.
Very good part seperation stickers are limited to eyes and camera/scope lenses.
Sales have been down for MGs..so Bandai has been making very few recently.
MG'S have big price ranges..can be anywhere from $40-$100 depending how many parts there are.

Perfect grades
Come in 1/60 scale and are huge.
Whole lotta parts and are very detailed. Articulation is limited because of the huge size. Few of these are made.
$150+

Can you breakdown the Grades/difficulty levels again? There are some beautiful looking models out there. I want this Heavyarms. It looks like a lifetime worth of dedication tho.

this is a heavily modified master grade heavyarms. Whoever built this is a veteran plastic modeler, it's pretty much impossible for an amateur to achieve this level of work.

It goes..

High grade
Real grade
Master grade
Perfect grade

High grades come in 1/144 scale..so most end up around the 5-6 inches tall.
They can be very sticker heavy depending on the kit. Usually the small little parts will be stickers.
Some come out really well out of box...some require extra work to get them looking good.
Usually range from $10-$20

Real grades also come in 1/144 scale. They are basically master grades but just smaller size. Usually very few stickers and more parts than high grades. Articulation is really good and they pretty much always look good right out the box without any extra work.
Usually $25-$35

Master grades come in 1/100 scale.
Very good part seperation stickers are limited to eyes and camera/scope lenses.
Sales have been down for MGs..so Bandai has been making very few recently.
MG'S have big price ranges..can be anywhere from $40-$100 depending how many parts there are.

Perfect grades
Come in 1/60 scale and are huge.
Whole lotta parts and are very detailed. Articulation is limited because of the huge size. Few of these are made.
$150+
you forgot that there's also the SD kits, 1/100 high grade and 1/144 & 1/100 "no grade" as well.

I can debunk the whole low sales-less MGs theory. Since Bandai acquired the license for Star Wars, they have to spread out their resources. Disney have high expectations for Bandai to produce enough product in order to control that whole Eastern market. Also, Bandai no longer have any popular 'tier 1' mainstream designs that they have not made into MGs yet.

Strike Freedom, 00 Raiser, Nu Gundam, RX-78-2, Sazabi, Sinanju...etc, have all been made into MG kits and are all guaranteed to sell since they're 'tier 1' type mobile suits. Some of the tier 1s are old, so what they're gonna do is update them with modern engineering. For example, we are getting a ZZ Gundam Ver Ka later this year, a MG that was first released back in '99 and needed this update badly. The MG releases we are going to see now are tier 2 & 3 mecha, like the GM Sniper and Providence next month.

One thing that also hurt Bandai in the long run was that whole Gunpla boom. They went through this phase where they were releasing at least 1 MG and like 5 HGs every month. They were trying to capitalize off the newfound popularity of the hobby. Another thing that hurt them is the rise of p-bandai. Think of p-bandai as a limited quickstrike sneaker release. Imagine Jordan brand releasing the Concord 11 as a limited size run quickstrike, there would be riots. That's the same thing Bandai is doing with some MGs. They have a few mecha released as p-bandai that would be hot sellers as general releases, but they wanna play games making them limited and more expensive to the western market knowing the demand is there. Only way to get these kits is thru a proxy, but supposedly they're gonna open an online shop for worldwide sales.

Articulation isn't limited in PGs, it just depends on their specific design. I haven't really kept up with the line, but I think the recent Unicorn might be limited in that area because of the design. Not to mention all the wiring that goes throughout the kit to light up all the LEDs while in destroy mode. The GP01, MkII and Strike PGs are considered the very best of that line.

:smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom