Post your toys! Vol. 1?

after a while when my fingers got tired, I would use scissors to cut the part off the runner and then use my teeth for the remaining nub :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

you mean that front crotch piece that connects the two front skirts? When you break a part you can't just look for it online. Replacement parts have to be special ordered from Bandai in Japan. A few online hobby shops offer that service, it's gonna take some time though.
yep that, thats why i figured I'll just end up rebuilding a new burning gundam to avoid the hassle.

after a while when my fingers got tired, I would use scissors to cut the part off the runner and then use my teeth for the remaining nub :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

you mean that front crotch piece that connects the two front skirts? When you break a part you can't just look for it online. Replacement parts have to be special ordered from Bandai in Japan. A few online hobby shops offer that service, it's gonna take some time though.

yep that, thats why i figured I'll just end up rebuilding a new burning gundam to avoid the hassle.

You can order replacement parts yourself, as long as bandai has a current print schedule for the model kit. I believe burning gundam is still being run despite its age since its constantly being restocked. bluefin is the north america distributor for gundam model kits so hit them up. http://www.bluefincorp.com/catalog/replace

Was able to get this guy for $60 out the door. Saving this build for my new house when I'll have more room and a dedicated work space.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    821.2 KB · Views: 4
Was able to get this guy for $60 out the door. Saving this build for my new house when I'll have more room and a dedicated work space.
nice where did you cop from? that kit retails for 8,000¥ which is like $75 with the current exchange rate.

congrats on the new house, my dedicated work space is a small desk in my similarly small bedroom :lol:

holding out on getting a unicorn mg cause there's rumors of a new updated version next year for master grade #200

nice where did you cop from? that kit retails for 8,000¥ which is like $75 with the current exchange rate.

congrats on the new house, my dedicated work space is a small desk in my similarly small bedroom :lol:

holding out on getting a unicorn mg cause there's rumors of a new updated version next year for master grade #200

I got it in the r/gunpla commerce thread on Reddit. The guy wanted $65 plus shipping but I messaged him and it turns out he wasn't located that far away do shipping was cheap enough. At the end of the day we settled on $60 shipped which I was more than happy to pay. I was able to victory two gundam ver ka for $30 last month as well and he seller included a free action base as well.

As far as unicorn gundam goes, I'm not a huge fan it to be honest.its too "slender" looking for how tall it is. Full armor unicorn comes with enough crap to fix that problem lol. Like I've mentioned before I've been really getting into the bigger master grades. Pretty much anything with Full armor in the name gets consideration with me. The last big kit I have coming in the the Pyscho Zaku, which will be here tomorrow. And that'll be my first zaku as well.

As for space, it really is a pain. I live in a one bed room apartment in Philadelphia with my GF and there is just no place to have a dedicated workspace aside from the kitchen table or the coffee table . Neither option good for long builds because I have to pack everything up and put it away and have to reset up everytime I want to start up again. Our new house will have an office and the tv room has a little nook off to the side I can set up as a workspace as well. Right now I have my kits and tools stashed around the apartment. All my sneakers are in a similar set up :lol:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Later on today I'll get pics up of my experience at my local comic Con, so far I got Sting signature and working on Kevin Eastman

I got it in the r/gunpla commerce thread on Reddit. The guy wanted $65 plus shipping but I messaged him and it turns out he wasn't located that far away do shipping was cheap enough. At the end of the day we settled on $60 shipped which I was more than happy to pay. I was able to victory two gundam ver ka for $30 last month as well and he seller included a free action base as well.

As far as unicorn gundam goes, I'm not a huge fan it to be honest.its too "slender" looking for how tall it is. Full armor unicorn comes with enough crap to fix that problem lol. Like I've mentioned before I've been really getting into the bigger master grades. Pretty much anything with Full armor in the name gets consideration with me. The last big kit I have coming in the the Pyscho Zaku, which will be here tomorrow. And that'll be my first zaku as well.

As for space, it really is a pain. I live in a one bed room apartment in Philadelphia with my GF and there is just no place to have a dedicated workspace aside from the kitchen table or the coffee table . Neither option good for long builds because I have to pack everything up and put it away and have to reset up everytime I want to start up again. Our new house will have an office and the tv room has a little nook off to the side I can set up as a workspace as well. Right now I have my kits and tools stashed around the apartment. All my sneakers are in a similar set up :lol:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
aahh ok, I don't go on reddit....the V2 is considered one of the worst MGs of all time. I have the victory ver ka and since its so small and transforms it's very unstable.

I actually love the look of the unicorn, especially in destroy mode. You should watch it in the anime, you would probably change your mind. You can't go wrong with any zaku to be honest, that 2.0 frame is one of the most solid ever....very well engineered.

I do the same packing/unpacking since this small desk is also where I do other things. If I were you, I would throw away boxes of built kits but keep the top for the awesome box art. For example, I have all my built kits stored in 3 boxes, but I've pretty much kept all the box art.

aahh ok, I don't go on reddit....the V2 is considered one of the worst MGs of all time. I have the victory ver ka and since its so small and transforms it's very unstable.

I actually love the look of the unicorn, especially in destroy mode. You should watch it in the anime, you would probably change your mind. You can't go wrong with any zaku to be honest, that 2.0 frame is one of the most solid ever....very well engineered.

I do the same packing/unpacking since this small desk is also where I do other things. If I were you, I would throw away boxes of built kits but keep the top for the awesome box art. For example, I have all my built kits stored in 3 boxes, but I've pretty much kept all the box art.

I wouldn't say the V2 is horrible, it's just a brick. You can tell from the build that the kits primary focus is transforming gimmick and not its mobile suit mode. Because of that all of the joints are different than any other MG I've built and those differences hinder articulation. For what it is, the vicorty gundam really isn't that bad when it comes to a transforming kit and it has one of the best looking core fighters in my opinion. Get him on an action base and it's even better.

As for the boxes, I'm a box freak lol. Always have and always will I save the boxes for everything. Old phones, sneakers, and these kits. It takes me forever to get rid of a box lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    876.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    811.6 KB · Views: 4
So here's everything I picked up mostly prints but a couple of goodies
20170806_143858.jpg
Got this PAK Batman limited red color for $100
20170806_144249.jpg
DC bombshells Harely and Ivy for $20 a piece, there's a few others from that series I want, I missed out on figuarts broly bcuz they wanted $200 f that, and everyone was sold out of the new Blade figure smmfh but all in all an awesome experience

Last edited:
Do you guys have any recommended forums to sell off Gunpla models that haven't been built yet?

I was planning on going the eBay route, but I feel like I won't garner too much interest.

I wouldn't say the V2 is horrible, it's just a brick. You can tell from the build that the kits primary focus is transforming gimmick and not its mobile suit mode. Because of that all of the joints are different than any other MG I've built and those differences hinder articulation. For what it is, the vicorty gundam really isn't that bad when it comes to a transforming kit and it has one of the best looking core fighters in my opinion. Get him on an action base and it's even better.

As for the boxes, I'm a box freak lol. Always have and always will I save the boxes for everything. Old phones, sneakers, and these kits. It takes me forever to get rid of a box lol
It's a brick for sure, and I think I structured my previous post incorrectly. It's one of the worst in terms of poor sales. The Bandai development team spent many years trying to correct the mistakes of the Victory ver ka. And the Victory 2 still flopped because it's apparently worse than the Victory. A lot of retailers ended up with overstock and even 50% off sales couldn't move product.

Do you guys have any recommended forums to sell off Gunpla models that haven't been built yet?

I was planning on going the eBay route, but I feel like I won't garner too much interest.
what do you have to sell? any master grades? :emoji_eyes:

It's a brick for sure, and I think I structured my previous post incorrectly. It's one of the worst in terms of poor sales. The Bandai development team spent many years trying to correct the mistakes of the Victory ver ka. And the Victory 2 still flopped because it's apparently worse than the Victory. A lot of retailers ended up with overstock and even 50% off sales couldn't move product.

what do you have to sell? any master grades? :emoji_eyes:

That's a shame because it's really not a bad kit when it's all said and done, just have to take it for what it is

Been wanting those bombshell figures nice pick up

Grabbed these over the weekend

IMG_20170806_211640.jpg

i'm extremely jealous, i have to find that blade and black panther figure, got a lot of my room done today, will need 2 more detolfs for sure but everything is coming together nicely

Back
Top Bottom