Post your toys! Vol. 1?

Thinking about diving into the Marvel Legends line but probably only collect Spider-Man and alternate costumes. Any good sites for those? Besides BBTS?

ebay, toywiz, target, walmart, toysrus, just depends on what alternate costume you're looking for

Pretty much every spider costume. Toywiz seems to be the spot I'm looking for. Appreciate the help, man.

they can be pricey depending on how far back you go, FF Spidey and Scarlet Spider(even though he's tech a clone) are expensive AF and 2 of the only costumes i really don't have, i didn't buy all the female spiders either though, hopefully this year we get Noir

they can be pricey depending on how far back you go, FF Spidey and Scarlet Spider(even though he's tech a clone) are expensive AF and 2 of the only costumes i really don't have, i didn't buy all the female spiders either though, hopefully this year we get Noir

The Kaine version of Scarlet? Haven't found that one. I noticed pizza Spidey goes for a pretty penny.

The Kaine version of Scarlet? Haven't found that one. I noticed pizza Spidey goes for a pretty penny.

i passed on pizza spidey, i have like prob 3-4 classic spiderman
Kane
41plD58XqYL._SY300_.jpg

well it's not noir but punk spidey is welcome addition and means we could get manga, india and dare i say the oft shut down rumored Ham.....

egaroc1 egaroc1 Word! I like Voltron, but just don't have any figures of him, despite contemplating many over the years. He-Man's rep'n though along w/ Skelly (Filmation versions)...peep up near the Thundercats. Have so many more toys [bunch of G.I. Joe, MP & G1 TFs, Ewoks (my fave faction from Star Wars), full set of Original Series 1-15 GPK cards, GPK Minikins sets, other Gremlins and Ghostbusters stuff, remnants of what was once an extensive MOTUC collection, etc.] it's type ridiculous. Sadly, most is in storage still, but I'm happy to at least be able to put this portion out as it highlights the gist of my nostalgia. I'm SO behind w/ my MP TF purchases, it hurts my head to think about how expensive it'll be to catch up. Def needz Megatron though. Sigh. Being into two expensive hobbies (shoes and toys) is an absolute killa. I find, when my interest ramps up in one, it wanes in the other. Just can't stay on top of both simultaneously.

Last edited:
Omg there was a toy thread here this whole time?!

Before I started collecting shoes earlier this year, I collected Marvel Legends with a few Figma/SHfiguarts here and there. Got derailed hard by the shoes so I have a lot of catching up to do

I'll probably get that pizza Spidey, kinda disappointing it doesn't have swappable hands. Hafta pick up the Spidey & MJ pack and hopefully they're compatible

So anyone familiar with the Astray MG kits knows theres 2 blue frame kits. I orginaly bought the Blue Frame (the most recent one) but really wanted the tactical arms (giant sword) that came with the first release. Ended up finding the sword and the guy I bought it from threw in the whole (built) kit for like 10 bucks extra so I decided to pick it up too. Unfortunately the guy did a really bad job detailing and finishing the kit. The V-fin was broken, the panel lines were done badly all in black and really thick, even worse than that he botched trying to remove nub marks with a file that clealy wasnt meant for plastics. Since im pretty new to the whole model kit thing I figure I'd give rehabbing this Kit a try and heres my progress.

Before I did any work
mPqApsG.jpg

Repaired V-fin, re done panel lining on the head.
sT0vdnZ.jpg

Fixed the botched nub mark removals and added subtle panel lines to the legs. looks a lot better now in my opinion
HmEQRgf.jpg

Side View after more lines on arms and legs and torso
oC2jXK7.jpg

Current Situation. Going to clean up some of the lines and then matte top coat it.
yvJulX2.jpg

Just wanted to share most recent pickups this month some of these are also BDAY gifts that my family blessed me with

20170721175519_IMG_3220.JPG
how tall is that figure in the left corner?

So anyone familiar with the Astray MG kits knows theres 2 blue frame kits. I orginaly bought the Blue Frame (the most recent one) but really wanted the tactical arms (giant sword) that came with the first release. Ended up finding the sword and the guy I bought it from threw in the whole (built) kit for like 10 bucks extra so I decided to pick it up too. Unfortunately the guy did a really bad job detailing and finishing the kit. The V-fin was broken, the panel lines were done badly all in black and really thick, even worse than that he botched trying to remove nub marks with a file that clealy wasnt meant for plastics. Since im pretty new to the whole model kit thing I figure I'd give rehabbing this Kit a try and heres my progress.

Before I did any work
mPqApsG.jpg

Repaired V-fin, re done panel lining on the head.
sT0vdnZ.jpg

Fixed the botched nub mark removals and added subtle panel lines to the legs. looks a lot better now in my opinion
HmEQRgf.jpg

Side View after more lines on arms and legs and torso
oC2jXK7.jpg

Current Situation. Going to clean up some of the lines and then matte top coat it.
yvJulX2.jpg
it honestly didn't look too bad to begin with

how tall is that figure in the left corner?

it honestly didn't look too bad to begin with
picture didnt do it justice, and i didnt take a pic before i started working on it, thats just the pic he sent at first. the panle lines were thick and uneven. deep scratches all over the plastic (which i didnt know about until i had it in hand). I think this was one of the guys first kits. alot of the attempted filing was discolored as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom