Post your toys! Vol. 1?

in anticipation for the hi-res red astray

4A5BD533-FFDD-4BA8-A89A-83CECFF6E923.jpeg
My MG red frame that I’m in the process of painting gold because I have the third party metal build version coming in
3AB9B621-08FC-46A0-A365-77D9F2CEA1B0.jpeg

saw some upcoming kits

C1FDFD9B-8BC6-4130-90C3-98D2498E38F1.jpeg

CACFE3D8-FF37-4A14-B524-3AF3BE475CBA.jpeg

the rg sazabi is great, i would love to have this.

i like the exia, but i dont get this version.

As far as the Exia goes, it’s the Avalanche dash armor. Bandai is actually extremely late to market on this one. And it’ll he objectively worse than all the third party version out there because those were based on the metal build while this will be “dumbed down” in construction in comparison. Although Bandai’s will probably have a better snap for experience
468C8FE4-2B9F-4FC1-8EA0-A585629AA8C1.jpeg
0329C635-C6FD-4866-9C98-0D78F16FF87B.jpeg

^sooooooo tempted to pick that up. That's my childhood right there...but my brain tells me I need to have a "proper" Voltron first before a Lego version. Problem is those usually runs ~$300 and Transformers always take top priority (versus a "one and done").

Quick story: when I was six years old we took a family vacation to San Fran. Downstairs from our hotel was a toy store with Voltron on display in all its glory...for an eye-watering $80 USD (in 1986 dollars)! Mom said no way, but day in day out I'd stare at that thing hard every time we passed by. End of the week, my dad caved because he ultimately couldn't say no to his son. :nthat: Thanks dad!
Still have parts of that thing kicking around, obviously not remotely in displayable condition because kids are kids.

new pick-up

43739540242_36452ce0ba_c.jpg

where'd you find it :nerd: or order it from, i'm thinking about making a trip to my closet Lego store , i still want the Lego Hulk Buster Ironman

^sooooooo tempted to pick that up. That's my childhood right there...but my brain tells me I need to have a "proper" Voltron first before a Lego version. Problem is those usually runs ~$300 and Transformers always take top priority (versus a "one and done").

Quick story: when I was six years old we took a family vacation to San Fran. Downstairs from our hotel was a toy store with Voltron on display in all its glory...for an eye-watering $80 USD (in 1986 dollars)! Mom said no way, but day in day out I'd stare at that thing hard every time we passed by. End of the week, my dad caved because he ultimately couldn't say no to his son. :nthat: Thanks dad!
Still have parts of that thing kicking around, obviously not remotely in displayable condition because kids are kids.

i too had the matchbox lead painted recalled Voltron from 86, was so mad when my Mom threw it away :angry:, it was in great condition bcuz they barely let me even touch the thing :smh:

Last edited:
i too had the matchbox lead painted recalled Voltron from 86, was so mad when my Mom through it away :angry:, it was in great condition bcuz they barely let me even touch the thing :smh:

That's LITERALLY the same one! By the time we got word of the recall/to stop playing with it that thing was already beat to hell.

And my first kits of my sponsorship with gundam central arrived . top box is from the company hobby star and it another Exia. it comes with a full led system and parts for all 4 exia versions. the second one is the Daban Astray Red frame metal build version, which is the expensive bandai metal kit figure turned into a plastic model kit. Its got much better proportions and design than the master grade in my opinion. of course ill annoy you guys with updates :rofl:
047EE186-03DC-4449-8C01-1551979B45BF.jpeg

Main body and weapons done on the Hi Nu ver ka. Its not as tall as nu gundam (although its a tall MG) its definitely bulkier. funnels and heavy weapons system coming
983F4F89-E625-404F-A4EF-B56F193F187F.jpeg

Last edited:
^ you heard about dragon momoko making a comeback? those last kits they released (saw that you have one) are getting expensive right?

went kit hunting the other day, all dm kits are either sold or on display only

2925CE74-08AC-4A10-BBD6-92FBE29063E2.jpeg

they had the unicorn dm kit too which was “reserved”.
this mall had a lot of daban kits too.

^ you heard about dragon momoko making a comeback? those last kits they released (saw that you have one) are getting expensive right?

went kit hunting the other day, all dm kits are either sold or on display only

2925CE74-08AC-4A10-BBD6-92FBE29063E2.jpeg

they had the unicorn dm kit too which was “reserved”.
this mall had a lot of daban kits too.

Was this in the Philippines? When ever I hear about bootleg gunpla and malls I automatically think PH lol

But yes I did hear! Yeah theyve gotten super expensive, even more so than Bandai kits.Although it’s not 100% the same Dragon Momoko. Since the factory and the design group were two separate entities, when the factory went down the source material (designs files) are still intact via the original design group. So a new factory picked up production with the original design material. I’m pretty psyched about it since they’ve had the best “original” kits I’ve built from a third party company. I’m stocked up on DM for the next few years at least.
BB5C4704-F970-4753-AADC-3E35CA7BAEF3.jpeg

^ its in bangkok. though in manila its very prominent too. i see you have quite a collection of dm’s. i dont know the backstories but how come dm got shut down but daban (which i still see everywhere) is still going?

im in hongkong now, excited to go to **** le model, hope i can get something.

^ its in bangkok. though in manila its very prominent too. i see you have quite a collection of dm’s. i dont know the backstories but how come dm got shut down but daban (which i still see everywhere) is still going?

im in hongkong now, excited to go to **** le model, hope i can get something.

Ahh I see, tons of flourishing markets for bootlegs across Asia.

As for DM, they essentially got taken down for IP infringement. Apparently they’re manufacturing plant was located in Taiwan and they were reported. It started as an environmental issue but turned into a full blown raid and take down. Based on what I’ve heard the reason they were able to be taken down was because they were located In Taiwan while Daban and other factories are located in China which essentially makes them untouchable while being in Taiwan made them an open target. Ironically Daban is arguably worse because up until recently their whole catalog was literal straight up copies of Bandai model kits. And those copies are always worse than the originals. The only Daban kits I buy are metal build conversions.

Last edited:
i see. daban just straight ripped bandai’s designs, box art and logo, and they continue to do business. now i get it. tnx for the info.

My quick story. I saw the same 86 Voltron in the Navy Base NEX when we were stationed in the Philippines. Asked my Mom to buy it for me, she said no, but agreed to put it on layaway till Christmas. My dad found out and found out how much it cost and made my mom cancel the Layaway. Never got the old voltron but definitely made up for it in my adult life. This is my 6th "new" iteration of the original Voltron. Why i was really on the fence about getting it. Had to really ask myself if I needed another Voltron. But, it's Voltron lol

where'd you find it :nerd: or order it from, i'm thinking about making a trip to my closet Lego store , i still want the Lego Hulk Buster Ironman

i too had the matchbox lead painted recalled Voltron from 86, was so mad when my Mom threw it away :angry:, it was in great condition bcuz they barely let me even touch the thing :smh:

Ordered it from Lego website a week or two ago when it first became available to VIP members. It's available to the general public now on the website and probably at your local Lego store.

Hi Nu and the heavy weapons system complete! Great compliment to Nu Gundam. If you can get the expansion pack for a reasonable price I say go for it.
618DB77F-E019-47A3-9591-CA8C01DEB223.jpeg

85EDE6FC-808C-43E2-ACCA-568412C0CD64.jpeg

E3097621-BC0C-4576-9234-0BFB9CD6D1EA.jpeg

942B69D4-C9DC-48D7-9919-4AB3C31C963E.jpeg

Not to be out done by yesterday, here's today's Bell county 2018 Comic Con haul
20180804_163737.jpg

A set of dragon balls (must be super dragon balls looking at how they soze to cabba), Dragonstars Cabba(I'll replace with the s.h.figuarts when they get around to making him) and figma #349 Metroid Prima Samus(giving me a full set of Samus Figma figures)
20180804_164416.jpg

yea, Gunpla is so much more abundant in Asia. Nice pickup on that white Zeta, I think there's a MG version but P-Bandai -_____-

giphy.gif

Ironically I’ve seen every episode of king of the hill

It’s not entirely accurate though. I’ve seen some Gundam anime. Mostly what was on toonami all those years ago. I’ve seen all of season 1 of Gundam thunderbolt. Some of seed. Clips of seed destiny. And a few episodes of 00 Gundam and that’s it. One of the obstacle I have is the fact that a lot of the Universal century series are from the 80’s and 90’s.

Last edited:
since i have the metal build version astray in back log, decided to do my first major repaint of the mg version. turned it into a gold frame. could have done better in some places but i was too impatient to let the primer dry fully
j8j52wbb1he11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom