***PRO-AM/COLLEGE/HS BASKETBALL/AAU PLAYERS CHIME IN..AND ASK THE REF***

^^HE WAS 27...AND HE WAS ON OFFENSE...ITS SOME RARE DISEASE BLACK MEN GET WHERE THERE HEART JUST BLOWS UP...FOR EX; REGGIE LEWIS, HANK GATHERS!

^^HE WAS 27...AND HE WAS ON OFFENSE...ITS SOME RARE DISEASE BLACK MEN GET WHERE THERE HEART JUST BLOWS UP...FOR EX; REGGIE LEWIS, HANK GATHERS!

What is your opinion on working with refs that you know are subpar at the calls? In the league I play in, there are a few good refs and a few terrible refs. They are all decently nice guys...but I use 'high degree of difficulty' moves like a spin move at full speed in the fastbreak and I KNOW KNOW KNOW clearly it is not a travel (we video record our games usually for fun)...and yet I get called for it a lot of times. Do you let most things slide unless it is an atrocious missed call? For my part, I never complain since the calls aren't being changed. I find refs are as stubborn as most people (at least at the levels I play at) so even if you explain something it's not like they are going to change the way they call it. What is your take on players that don't argue with refs but play with a high level of passion? I get really emotional during games...but it's usually very positive emotional. Yelling, talking on defense etc etc.

What is your opinion on working with refs that you know are subpar at the calls? In the league I play in, there are a few good refs and a few terrible refs. They are all decently nice guys...but I use 'high degree of difficulty' moves like a spin move at full speed in the fastbreak and I KNOW KNOW KNOW clearly it is not a travel (we video record our games usually for fun)...and yet I get called for it a lot of times. Do you let most things slide unless it is an atrocious missed call? For my part, I never complain since the calls aren't being changed. I find refs are as stubborn as most people (at least at the levels I play at) so even if you explain something it's not like they are going to change the way they call it. What is your take on players that don't argue with refs but play with a high level of passion? I get really emotional during games...but it's usually very positive emotional. Yelling, talking on defense etc etc.

**SUNDIZZLE

TO BE QUITE HONEST WITH YOU....REFS WHO WORK MENS LEAGUE OR REC LEAGUES ALL THE TIME ARE JUST IN IT FOR THE $ CUZ THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGHT TO DO HS OR COLLEGE BALL.

LEGIT LEAGUES NORMALLY USE LEGIT REFS CUZ THE QUALITY OF BALL IS BETTER. LEGIT GUYS LIKE MYSELF WONT WASTE THEIR TIME WITH SOME REC LEAGUE PLAYED IN A JHS (EXCEPT IS 8 THEY GOT THE BEST TRAVEL BALL IN THE COUNTRY) OR HS BUILDING CUZ THEIR COUSIN IS THE JANITOR AND GETS THEM FREE ACCESS TO THE GYM.

AS FAR AS PASSIONATE PLAYERS...IT MAKES THE GAME A WHOLE LOT BETTER...YOU ARE WORRIED BOUT DEFENSE AND NOT THE REFS...SO IT MAKES MY JOB EASIER. THE WORST PLAYERS ARE THE PLAYERS WHO THINK THE BELONG IN THE BIG EAST AND CANT EVEN GET OUT OF A JUCO SCHOOL...I BASICALLY TELL THEM "PUT THE BALL IN WHOLE AND SHUT UP!" AND THE GAME GOES ON.

I WOULD HAVE TO SEE YOUR SPIN MOVE TO DETERMINE IF ITS A TRAVEL OR NOT. IF YOU LIFT UP YOUR PIVOT FOOT AND BRING IT DOWN B4 YOU RELEASE THE BALL ITS A TRAVEL. REMEMBER THAT! UPLOAD IT ON YOUTUBE AND SEND ME A LINK...I'LL LET YOU KNOW!

**SUNDIZZLE

TO BE QUITE HONEST WITH YOU....REFS WHO WORK MENS LEAGUE OR REC LEAGUES ALL THE TIME ARE JUST IN IT FOR THE $ CUZ THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGHT TO DO HS OR COLLEGE BALL.

LEGIT LEAGUES NORMALLY USE LEGIT REFS CUZ THE QUALITY OF BALL IS BETTER. LEGIT GUYS LIKE MYSELF WONT WASTE THEIR TIME WITH SOME REC LEAGUE PLAYED IN A JHS (EXCEPT IS 8 THEY GOT THE BEST TRAVEL BALL IN THE COUNTRY) OR HS BUILDING CUZ THEIR COUSIN IS THE JANITOR AND GETS THEM FREE ACCESS TO THE GYM.

AS FAR AS PASSIONATE PLAYERS...IT MAKES THE GAME A WHOLE LOT BETTER...YOU ARE WORRIED BOUT DEFENSE AND NOT THE REFS...SO IT MAKES MY JOB EASIER. THE WORST PLAYERS ARE THE PLAYERS WHO THINK THE BELONG IN THE BIG EAST AND CANT EVEN GET OUT OF A JUCO SCHOOL...I BASICALLY TELL THEM "PUT THE BALL IN WHOLE AND SHUT UP!" AND THE GAME GOES ON.

I WOULD HAVE TO SEE YOUR SPIN MOVE TO DETERMINE IF ITS A TRAVEL OR NOT. IF YOU LIFT UP YOUR PIVOT FOOT AND BRING IT DOWN B4 YOU RELEASE THE BALL ITS A TRAVEL. REMEMBER THAT! UPLOAD IT ON YOUTUBE AND SEND ME A LINK...I'LL LET YOU KNOW!

WELL PLAYOFFS ARE STARTING FOR HIGH SCHOOL...

JUST REMEMBER...PUT THE BALL IN THE HOLE AND DONT BOTHER THE REFS...WE RRREALLY DONT WANT YOU SITTING OUT THE NEXT 2 GAMES!

GOOD LUCK!

WELL PLAYOFFS ARE STARTING FOR HIGH SCHOOL...

JUST REMEMBER...PUT THE BALL IN THE HOLE AND DONT BOTHER THE REFS...WE RRREALLY DONT WANT YOU SITTING OUT THE NEXT 2 GAMES!

GOOD LUCK!

tired.gif

Yo carlos I think Big East is a big reach but I honestly think you can do some NEC games, we got 2 schools in that conference around our school/work area. You never tried contacting LIU or St Francis ?

Yo carlos I think Big East is a big reach but I honestly think you can do some NEC games, we got 2 schools in that conference around our school/work area. You never tried contacting LIU or St Francis ?

i was playing in a rec game(i know not as serious but still the same rules) a guy was dribbling towards mid court, i was funneling him to the side line. as soon he got to mid court near the sideline he took a "dribble" but pushed it forward behind my back, ran around me out of bounds. took about 5-6 steps came back in bounds and started to dribble again. i was the only one that saw something wrong with that play?
i know he can voluntary go out and come back like that, but is there a limit of steps before each dribble?

i was playing in a rec game(i know not as serious but still the same rules) a guy was dribbling towards mid court, i was funneling him to the side line. as soon he got to mid court near the sideline he took a "dribble" but pushed it forward behind my back, ran around me out of bounds. took about 5-6 steps came back in bounds and started to dribble again. i was the only one that saw something wrong with that play?
i know he can voluntary go out and come back like that, but is there a limit of steps before each dribble?

^^VERY GOOD QUESTION!!!

ITS A VIOLATION!

NO PLAYER IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CONFINES OF THE COURT FOR AN UNATHORIZED REASON. NOW IF YOU WOULD HAVE STOLEN THE BALL AND YOU WERE FALLING OUT OF BOUNDS AND YOU TAPPED THE BALL BACK IN AS YOU WENT OUT OF BOUNDS...THEN CAME BACK ON TO THE COURT TO REGAIN POSSESION ITS LEGAL!

BUT BACK TO YOUR QUESTION...WHEN "FUNNELING" AN OPPONENT MAKE SURE YOU ARE ALWAY 1 STEP AHEAD TO GET A LEGAL DEFENSIVE GUARDING POSITION TO TAKE A CHARGE OR MAKE HIM CHANGE DIRECTION..AS LONG AS BOTH FEET ARE PLANTED YOU ARE IN "LEGAL GUARDING POSITION ONLY FOULS THAT CAN BE CALLED IS OFFENSIVE!

^^VERY GOOD QUESTION!!!

ITS A VIOLATION!

NO PLAYER IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CONFINES OF THE COURT FOR AN UNATHORIZED REASON. NOW IF YOU WOULD HAVE STOLEN THE BALL AND YOU WERE FALLING OUT OF BOUNDS AND YOU TAPPED THE BALL BACK IN AS YOU WENT OUT OF BOUNDS...THEN CAME BACK ON TO THE COURT TO REGAIN POSSESION ITS LEGAL!

BUT BACK TO YOUR QUESTION...WHEN "FUNNELING" AN OPPONENT MAKE SURE YOU ARE ALWAY 1 STEP AHEAD TO GET A LEGAL DEFENSIVE GUARDING POSITION TO TAKE A CHARGE OR MAKE HIM CHANGE DIRECTION..AS LONG AS BOTH FEET ARE PLANTED YOU ARE IN "LEGAL GUARDING POSITION ONLY FOULS THAT CAN BE CALLED IS OFFENSIVE!

You ever tell another ref he blew a call? Or had to deal with a ref cheating?

When I went to Anadarko, (Native American) city to play in "their" tournament, our team actually had 2 on there and that's how we got in but they appear to the naked eye to just be black dudes so we were getting KILLED on the officiating all tournament but still made it to the semi final game, 2nd place gets $1500 and first place gets $2000, we got 7 players so that'd be $214 but anyways in the semi final game, both teams got 1 L so whoever loses this is out and whoever wins guarantees at least $1500, I'm guarding a dude at like half court with the score tied and like 6 seconds left, he pump faked but I just stood there about 5 ft away from him wit my hands up because it's a half court shot I'm not even going to bother really contesting. He just jumps towards me and doesn't even get contact still and flings the ball, lands, then falls forward into me of his own volition while I'm just standing there. Buzzer goes off, we're thinking overtime. All of a sudden the ref who was on the baseline, tweet!! comes running full speed and bird dogs me and calls me for a foul shooting a 3 with no time left. Dude got to shoot 3fts, only had to make 1, to win the game with no1 on the line. Of course he made 1 and we lost. Ref was related to him. The guy who "drew" the foul on me came up to us and apologized afterward. He didn't miss the free throws on purpose, but he apologized which I thought was kind of him.

I also hate those "dont talk to me, AT ALL refs." Steve Javie is one for example. There have literally been techs (like last night on Kobe), where I don't even think the player was talking to him. It looked like Kobe was yelling at a teammate. Or Zoran Dragic and Grant Hill both in the same game both got 2 of the tamest t's I've seen in my life. Neither yelled, nor cursed, nor jumped around. It was ridiculous.

You ever tell another ref he blew a call? Or had to deal with a ref cheating?

When I went to Anadarko, (Native American) city to play in "their" tournament, our team actually had 2 on there and that's how we got in but they appear to the naked eye to just be black dudes so we were getting KILLED on the officiating all tournament but still made it to the semi final game, 2nd place gets $1500 and first place gets $2000, we got 7 players so that'd be $214 but anyways in the semi final game, both teams got 1 L so whoever loses this is out and whoever wins guarantees at least $1500, I'm guarding a dude at like half court with the score tied and like 6 seconds left, he pump faked but I just stood there about 5 ft away from him wit my hands up because it's a half court shot I'm not even going to bother really contesting. He just jumps towards me and doesn't even get contact still and flings the ball, lands, then falls forward into me of his own volition while I'm just standing there. Buzzer goes off, we're thinking overtime. All of a sudden the ref who was on the baseline, tweet!! comes running full speed and bird dogs me and calls me for a foul shooting a 3 with no time left. Dude got to shoot 3fts, only had to make 1, to win the game with no1 on the line. Of course he made 1 and we lost. Ref was related to him. The guy who "drew" the foul on me came up to us and apologized afterward. He didn't miss the free throws on purpose, but he apologized which I thought was kind of him.

I also hate those "dont talk to me, AT ALL refs." Steve Javie is one for example. There have literally been techs (like last night on Kobe), where I don't even think the player was talking to him. It looked like Kobe was yelling at a teammate. Or Zoran Dragic and Grant Hill both in the same game both got 2 of the tamest t's I've seen in my life. Neither yelled, nor cursed, nor jumped around. It was ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom