PS3 vs. XBox Elite

Originally Posted by biff lawson

nerd.gif
pardon my ignorance but can someone school me on the Ps3 being a "media center" id like to get more use out of it

what else does it do?

Go here, and download whatever file works with your operating system (Windows/Mac/Linux). Install, go to the Nav/Share Settings, choose the folders to make available, turn on your PS3 and under 'Video' choose the search for media server option. Your PS3 should find the server, and from there it's as easy as choosing which movie you want to watch. If you want to watch a HD video, just choose the option under the Transcoding Settings.

get a 360 and get it modded. free games. in the money you save by not buying the next 3 games you woulda bought for full price and just getting them for free instead, you can get a good blu-ray player. you'll have everything you need.

Had a 360 but got the Three Rings. The PS3 is dope but I HATE that damn controller though. I'd cop a 360, I'm just used to it.

Ps3 is cooler and should be more popular b/c of the free online gaming but everyone has xbox live...at least all my friends so it's pretty pointless

i will say PS3 all he way even though they still haven't sent me a working ps3

Originally Posted by LAlife87

i miss my 360.
now i have a ps3 and i hate these cheap controllers.

i also have no clue about all these "media center" experiences everyone is having.
are you serious? the ps3 controller is the BEST controller ever. theres a reason why sony didnt have to change its design since the playstation...

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]360.... Live >> PSN, shooters and controller.  Only reason i'd cop a ps3 thou is for bluray player (i already have a sony bluray player) and for their exclusives,  besides that ima stick to xbox[/color]

are you serious? the ps3 controller is the BEST controller ever. theresa reason why sony didnt have to change its design since theplaystation...
I was playing Modern Warfare 2 on ps3 the other day and the control sticks feel so cheap and loose. Id take the 360 controller over it anyday except for the d-pad. But yea you should get what your friends have so you can play together. I have a 360 my live expired and I don't have money to blow on a live account. So im Kinda pissed off about that. Even though I recently found a yr subscription for 30 bucks.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

^^^ why did JROSE5 edit ur post 5 times

Easy choice, PS3

but someone is going to come in here and tell u Xbox because of Mass effect or Halo, dont listen to them because they dont know good games

Ps3 has the best games, a better console and better ADS
today is Feb 6th...

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

I'd say go get what your boys have. If your into playin online it's only smart to get the same system right? Playing alone is not fun.
This. All my boys got 360's and we game in everything...but I have a PS3 also so I can have the best of live. My 360 only gets more burn because it came with a headset and all my boys have one.

In my eyes 360 = PS3. So you should be happy regardless of your decision

Originally Posted by hella handsome

theres a reason why you had to compare the ELITE xbox to a PS3...

because the PS3 does everything you need without different models.

laugh.gif

The only difference with and Elite and an Arcade 360 is that the Elite comes with a 120G HDD, its black and the HDMI port is more spaced out from the AV port.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

I'd say go get what your boys have. If your into playin online it's only smart to get the same system right? Playing alone is not fun.
This. All my boys got 360's and we game in everything...but I have a PS3 also so I can have the best of live. My 360 only gets more burn because it came with a headset and all my boys have one.

In my eyes 360 = PS3. So you should be happy regardless of your decision
i only have a 360 just cause i personally like it more, but i still agree with what your saying right there, it just depends on which exclusives you want to play more, other wise they are equal

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Originally Posted by Truballa101

the only benefit for Xbox360 is that its slightly cheaper...

I, still, to this day, regret gettin 360 over PS3
mad.gif
Oh, and the graphics on the PS3 are better. 

Not really, only on PS3 exclusives. For Multi-platforms the games look much better on the 360, considering that they are made for the 360 and only ported to the PS3.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

ps3 all day... i know people who got xboxes taking up dust....

and I know people who have ps3's taking up dust because they only use it for blu ray players.
IMO it comes down to online play and that's where 360 has the advantage. I have been planing on getting a PS3 for the longest, but most of the games I see that I really want for PS3 are mainly because of the campaign mode, and the games I want for 360 are for online

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

xbox for games + a little bit of media

ps3 if you're really serious about the media stuff.
Yup.

X-Box is a far better gaming system especially with X-Box live.

Crap now I'm back on the line and want both ... maybe start with the Elite and save up for a PS3. I like Live and hella homies have an XBox.

Back
Top Bottom