PYP vol: When I was growing up edition

25593_1279076814078_1144740158_30661974_5173722_n.jpg

#meme swag 

25593_1278354276015_1144740158_30660958_1481250_n.jpg

sloppy form, i didnt master the Griffey stance until senor year 
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif
At dirty coming in on his he-man tip. Stay looking for a reason to ruin things. But this thread is wonderful man brings back a lot of good memories. 

indifferent.gif
At dirty coming in on his he-man tip. Stay looking for a reason to ruin things. But this thread is wonderful man brings back a lot of good memories. 

...I gave the guidelines for keeping this OPEN...since someone already tried to be "funny" with a comparison.

...I could have easily locked this w/o even replying.

so enjoy this "wonderful" thread.

...I gave the guidelines for keeping this OPEN...since someone already tried to be "funny" with a comparison.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Suspend them then

Don't lock the topic because of 1 fool

Suspend them then

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Suspend them then

eyes.gif

did you even read my previous replies?

I HAVE kept this topic open regardless of the 1 fool.

ps. before the debate even starts about PYP's...

Method Man wrote:
Why are they always closed? because of the personal attacks? what if I start a PYP and write a disclaimer that can be put into your post when your PYP, giving people full rights to make fun of you????
Posting a disclaimer doesn't have the effect of granting mass-exemption from NikeTalk's community rules.  Allowing one post in which users are free to disrespect one another undermines the rule.  We don't want our members to feel rewarded for insulting other users.  It spills out into other threads.
We've tried allowing them on condition that those who participate 1) keep it respectful and 2) report violations immediately (without quoting them and creating even more work for the staff.)  

It hasn't worked.  Users don't bother to do their part to report the violations and therefore share the burden of operating the thread with our staff.  We have literally thousands of new posts each day to worry about.  It's unfair to have ONE thread everyone knows will be problematic to dominate our attention and create an inordinate amount of work when there's so much else to do in order to keep NikeTalk safe and respectful.  

The PYP threads were originally intended as a community-building exercise.  Users got to know one another better and put faces to names.  The goal was to have people recognize that they're dealing with other human beings so that everyone would treat each other accordingly.  

If that's the type of thread you guys actually wanted and you were willing to do your share to make it happen, I'd be happy to help give it a chance.  From what I gather, that's not what people want.  Instead, people just want cheap laughs at other users' expense - and we're not going to allow that.  If it's about making fun of other NikeTalk members, it's just not going to happen. 

Suspend them then

eyes.gif

Method Man wrote:
Why are they always closed? because of the personal attacks? what if I start a PYP and write a disclaimer that can be put into your post when your PYP, giving people full rights to make fun of you????
Posting a disclaimer doesn't have the effect of granting mass-exemption from NikeTalk's community rules.  Allowing one post in which users are free to disrespect one another undermines the rule.  We don't want our members to feel rewarded for insulting other users.  It spills out into other threads.
We've tried allowing them on condition that those who participate 1) keep it respectful and 2) report violations immediately (without quoting them and creating even more work for the staff.)  

It hasn't worked.  Users don't bother to do their part to report the violations and therefore share the burden of operating the thread with our staff.  We have literally thousands of new posts each day to worry about.  It's unfair to have ONE thread everyone knows will be problematic to dominate our attention and create an inordinate amount of work when there's so much else to do in order to keep NikeTalk safe and respectful.  

The PYP threads were originally intended as a community-building exercise.  Users got to know one another better and put faces to names.  The goal was to have people recognize that they're dealing with other human beings so that everyone would treat each other accordingly.  

If that's the type of thread you guys actually wanted and you were willing to do your share to make it happen, I'd be happy to help give it a chance.  From what I gather, that's not what people want.  Instead, people just want cheap laughs at other users' expense - and we're not going to allow that.  If it's about making fun of other NikeTalk members, it's just not going to happen. 

Suspend them then

eyes.gif

No
laugh.gif

Suspend them then

eyes.gif

No
laugh.gif

pyp are always just jokes though, I doubt anyone takes them personally. It's all in good fun. Most people laugh along even when they may be the victims. Just my opinion.

pyp are always just jokes though, I doubt anyone takes them personally. It's all in good fun. Most people laugh along even when they may be the victims. Just my opinion.

Suspend them then

eyes.gif

No
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

can't knock homie for being honest.

Suspend them then

eyes.gif

No
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

can't knock homie for being honest.

Suspend them then

eyes.gif

Method Man wrote:

Isn't there an implicit understanding that if you post your pics, there is a chance you will get flamed? At this point, who would really post their pics NOT knowing what might happen? Hell, you have people who intentionally post goofy pics of themselves to give others a cheap laugh at their own expense. I'm not sure who the you guys(mods) are really trying to protect. 

Suspend them then

eyes.gif

Method Man wrote:

Isn't there an implicit understanding that if you post your pics, there is a chance you will get flamed? At this point, who would really post their pics NOT knowing what might happen? Hell, you have people who intentionally post goofy pics of themselves to give others a cheap laugh at their own expense. I'm not sure who the you guys(mods) are really trying to protect. 

Back
Top Bottom