R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

I don’t know if it should be Kobe but I know it shouldn’t be West. He doesn’t represent the game anymore and hasn’t in decades. It’s a completely different sport. Give me Kobe or Mike but I can’t see them doing that.

I’m wondering if the whole league is going to put commemorative Kobe patches on their uniforms. Similar to what they did for 9/11. I’m sure the Lakers franchise definitely will, maybe the Clippers.
1580173913105.jpeg

I don’t see them changing the logo simply due to how much $$$ they’ll lose.

but I guess they can make it right back....

I’m wondering if the whole league is going to put commemorative Kobe patches on their uniforms. Similar to what they did for 9/11. I’m sure the Lakers franchise definitely will, maybe the Clippers.
1580173913105.jpeg
I'm certain they will do this across the league.

To suggest that raising the prices of suddenly coveted items as being wrong or somehow immoral? Is really comical, especially when they were already overpriced to begin with. Steve McQueen's Mustang from the movie Bullitt just sold for over 3 mil. If you are a fan of a particular celeb, and you have the dough? The only limit will be what you are willing to pay. These are material items and the markets are set by popularity, not morals.

If some of you would get this angry about the state of politics in America, and the inequalities that exists due to white male supremacy? This world would really be a better place, one where you would not need to worry about such supposed immoral behavior.
So a conversation about mass produced shoes gets turned into comparison of a 1 of 1 mustang and issues of race? Does it always have to go there? Why the hell does it have to go there?

Hiking up the price of Kobe items is to be expected by resellers. Grimy for a store to do it imo for some reason. Y'all have to realize that not everyone is emotionally attached to Kobe and they see this as a means to capitalize in this capitalistic society. Not saying it's right but it's going to happen. Keeping prices low and "Paying respect" doesn't pay the bills unfortunately.

Now if someone were to go recover pieces of the helicopter and try to sell that, NOW we're entering the realm of ethical issues.

So a conversation about mass produced shoes gets turned into comparison of a 1 of 1 mustang and issues of race? Does it always have to go there? Why the hell does it have to go there?
It goes there because it was created there and belongs there. There is always a problem with capitalism, once the wrong people are a big part of it.

It goes there because it was created there and belongs there. There is always a problem with capitalism, once the wrong people are a big part of it.
Cant this just be about Kobe though? Naturally the shoes are gonna enter this thread by nature. But the other stuff, on another day?

First post relating to Kobe after this news. Very weird feeling. He was a dude I absolutely despised growing up cause he kept a lot of my favorite players and teams from winning titles. Wasn't until about 2014 or so (the year they won like 17 games) that I grew to appreciate his game. Think I identified with that struggle of being in a place I didn't want to be in after a lot of hard work (relating to both work and school). Surreal feeling right now. This is somebody I was supposed to see judging the slam dunk contest 10 years from now, and seeing spotted at their child's games as they're starting to ascend. He was really starting to break out of his shell being more involved socially. You can tell he was really enjoying himself and was firmly cementing himself in post-NBA life. Only been posting gifs on twitter, didn't really feel comfortable trying to get any of my thoughts out there, and still doesn't feel completely right, but it's getting easier as I'm typing here on NT. RIP Kobe, Gianna, and all the other victims, and a prayer to give every family involved strength to move forward.

I'd say that these re sellers are pretty smart. Not everyone feels the same way about Kobe, as do his fans. 10 minutes ago in the Barbershop, people were reminded of what he said about the Trayvon Martin situation. If you have something that people are willing to pay top dollar for, a material item? I do not see the wrong in getting paid.
Again this is nothing new. People shamelessly capitalize off of death. It would be smarter to make alot more when they are alive.

Hiking up the price of Kobe items is to be expected by resellers. Grimy for a store to do it imo for some reason. Y'all have to realize that not everyone is emotionally attached to Kobe and they see this as a means to capitalize in this capitalistic society. Not saying it's right but it's going to happen. Keeping prices low and "Paying respect" doesn't pay the bills unfortunately.

Now if someone were to go recover pieces of the helicopter and try to sell that, NOW we're entering the realm of ethical issues.
Nah, it’s wrong. It’s money hungry and there’s a lot of different ways to get money then capitalize off a persons death. It’s grimey but this is the negative side of humanity unfortunately, people are sometimes grimey out of necessity and sometimes just cuz they’re grimey.

Nah, it’s wrong. It’s money hungry and there’s a lot of different ways to get money then capitalize off a persons death. It’s grimey but this is the negative side of humanity unfortunately, people are sometimes grimey out of necessity and sometimes just cuz they’re grimey.
I get what you're saying and I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that people that aren't attached to a figure see this as a sure fire way to sell merchandise. Do you fault people for buying it? Supply and demand bro. Don't you see people in here flaunting their Kobe gear? Don't you think people want more? Pigs gotta get slaughtered if people wanna eat bacon.

I get what you're saying and I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that people that aren't attached to a figure see this as a sure fire way to sell merchandise. Do you fault people for buying it? Supply and demand bro. Don't you see people in here flaunting their Kobe gear? Don't you think people want more? Pigs gotta get slaughtered if people wanna eat bacon.
Even if I didn’t care for the individual, my first thought when someone dies and I hear about it ain’t let me buy up stock with his name on it and eat. Nah it’s my condolences and sadness. The people who’s brains automatically go sell sell sell are wired different and that ain’t right. I had a pair of Kobe’s in fc and once I heard about Kobe that shoe ain’t even cross my mind for a while. Didn’t even make money on that shoe and the bread don’t feel right. I can’t stop people from thinking how they think and there are worse things then selling his product but bad karmas bad karma and that’s just no bueno. The man ain’t even in the ground yet

Saw a Filipino dude crossing the street today (jaywalking actually) and he put up a jump shot gesture, knew he was imitating Kobe lol

Cant this just be about Kobe though? Naturally the shoes are gonna enter this thread by nature. But the other stuff, on another day?
The point was reselling, and how due to the death of Kobe, why an increase of the price of his footwear is somehow immoral.

I remember seeing those P.E. Jordans for Kobe back then, and then one day I saw dj khaled with the IIIs and VIII pack, smh.

Back
Top Bottom