R.I.P Trayvon

:lol:  Dudes really want his head. 

It's beyond sad. In this dude's mind: become a vigilante to get revenge on the vigilante. Brilliant :lol:

Really thinks he's about that Boondock Saint life. Nothing better to do than conspire against people from NT? Yikes :smh:

Being a puppet must be a miserable life.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 Dudes really want his head. 
It's beyond sad. In this dude's mind: become a vigilante to get revenge on the vigilante. Brilliant
laugh.gif

Really thinks he's about that Boondock Saint life. Nothing better to do than conspire against people from NT? Yikes
mean.gif

Being a puppet must be a miserable life.
What are you talking about. 

Certain individuals that post in this thread and all the others like them, are the epitome of the what message boards and social media have become.
Every chance they get they come with some lame e-insults, and kick back to revel in their glory.
The repeated low level racist remarks. The whole "hey white people are better than you deal with it" sarcasm they repeatedly post.
Glad to see those guys are enjoying themselves. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Man, I wish traffic stops went like that for me.  
laugh.gif

I wish I could tell a cop that I'm going "nowhere in particular" while driving in Texas w/ a Florida license.  Bruhs wouldn't even think of saying something like that.  
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Son I damn near got arrested for going 10 over the limit in VA, it's amazing how cops tend to respond to certain people

doesn't matter who it is or how your dressed nobody deserves to get chased by an armed man of no lawful authority then aggressively approached

im going to react myself if that happened and in my end that would be self defense trayvon in self defense when finally being caught by an armed unidentified man was probably scared or defending his personal space.

come on George hopped out of his ride and provoked a deadly incident something should happen to this guy he did wrong .

saw those r.i.p deceased pics the kid was wearing khaki's ....straight up disgusting

I think the main takeaway message from this case and its surroundings is the issue of profiling. Whether its the way people dress, their hairstyles, tattoos, piercings, race, etc, people are unfairly judged before any human contact is even initiated. We are taught in school to not judge a book by its cover, but we do it daily. TM, like many others before him  were judged before any reason was ever given. GZ could have gone outside and asked TM if he needed help or anything before calling 911. Instead he chose to call 911 off the get go. Whether you agree or disagree with the verdict, I'm sure everyone in here has been judged unfairly at one point in time. At least for me, this case has made me reassess the way I look at strangers. 

I found this interesting because of the parallels between Oscar Grant and Trayvon Martin, especially in light of the responses in here that blame Trayvon for having gold teeth, and posting pics of his middle finger.

I only posted this drivel from the New York Post because it shows that even the most senseless killing,Oscar Grant, can be justified in a racist's mind. Which also shows that it wouldn't have mattered if the whole Trayvon/Zimmerman incident was on tape, because their opinions would have already been made up that Trayvon was responsible for being shot that night because he didn't show Zimmerman "his papers" or follow Zimmerman's orders like a good little boy.

Early in the morning on New Year’s Day 2009, 22-year-old black drug dealer Oscar Grant was shot in the back and killed by a white cop in Oakland’s Fruitvale Station as dozens of witnesses watched and even filmed what was happening. Why?

Until the end credits, “Fruitvale Station” completely avoids telling you, and even then it omits key information in favor of an injunction to all of us to seek justice for Oscar. Ending a film with a call to protest, though, is primarily a way of claiming sociopolitical importance and the awards that go with it.

The Grant shooting takes place in the opening moments of this debut film by Ryan Coogler that captured the two top prizes at this year’s Sundance Festival, honors given less for its uneven quality than for its supposed value as a statement.
Octavia Spencer is captivating.
Octavia Spencer is captivating.

Most of “Fruitvale Station” consists of flashbacks set during the final, not very eventful day of Grant’s life. We learn that Grant (an undistinguished Michael B. Jordan), a recent guest of the San Quentin prison (for gun possession, a fact unmentioned in the film), cheats on his girlfriend (with whom he has a 4-year-old daughter), has a stash of weed he intends to sell and has just been fired by a grocery store for being late to work. Yet he is a loving son to his mom (a typically riveting Octavia Spencer) and spends part of the day preparing for her birthday party that evening. She advises him, when leaving to go view the New Year’s Eve fireworks on the bay, that he should take the BART train instead of driving.

The film, shot in a potent quasi-documentary style, half-heartedly claims that Grant’s last day was also the one on which he became an honest man. But given the vanishingly small likelihood that an established criminal’s promise to go straight at any given moment should be taken seriously, the film doesn’t push the idea of incipient redemption too much. It does, however, nudge us into making Grant more lovable with completely made-up scenes such as one in which he cares for a dog hit by a car. (The poster shows Grant with hands clasped in an almost saintly pose.)

The only remarkable aspect of Grant’s life was its end, and despite being exceedingly brief, the movie suffers by keeping us waiting for an hour with such banalities as Grant’s stop to get gas. Once we’re in Fruitvale Station, though, Coogler creates a gripping and chaotic atmosphere as a scuffle on a train leads to the arrests of Grant and several friends. Frightening insults fly and the arrested men chafe against the cops.

So why would even the stupidest or most brutal cop in the world shoot an unarmed man in front of a huge crowd? Because Grant wouldn’t show his hands and the cop thought he might be reaching for a weapon. So the officer reached for his Taser, or so he believed, and stepped away to give the stun gun room to function. One of Grant’s friends said he heard the officer say, “I’m going to tase him” before firing (another inconvenient fact left out of the film).

The film, then, places a heavy hand on the scales of justice as it winds up with a fuzzy plea — an implied demand for a second, federal civil rights trial for the cop, who got a light sentence. But the shooting wasn’t a racist one.

In the end, what is the meaning of the film? Grant’s demise was unfortunate, and those who knew him must mourn his loss. Nevertheless, his slaying was not intended, and the videos of the actual shooting don’t support a claim of outrageous policing. Grant’s death was no more pregnant with lessons for society than if he had been hit by a bus.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainme...FqgMGLxvIJO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Movies

Last edited:
I think the main takeaway message from this case and its surroundings is the issue of profiling. Whether its the way people dress, their hairstyles, tattoos, piercings, race, etc, people are unfairly judged before any human contact is even initiated. We are taught in school to not judge a book by its cover, but we do it daily.

Pretty much. Cops are notorious for this. That's why people have such a negative perception of police. A few bad apples spoil the batch. It's just another stereotype we have.

I was pulled over after leaving a pizza joint, removed from my car, patted down, car searched, treated like trash because I was smoking a cigarette after dinner. Cop claimed it was an area where a lot kids "smoke marijuana." To this day I believe is was what I was wearing (Johnny Unitis Mitchell and Ness and a backwards cap) in a suburban white town.

Son I damn near got arrested for going 10 over the limit in VA, it's amazing how cops tend to respond to certain people

You're either leaving something out or you're lying.

Are you serious right now? :lol:

Happens all the time for much less or sometimes nothing. True story--I got frisked and put in the back of a police cruiser when I was 16. My crime? I was a new driver and clipped a car next to me in a Best Buy parking lot. Being an honest dude, I waited around for the owner to come out so we could exchange information for insurance purposes. Someone saw what happened and called the cops, and his response was to initially ask me if I had any knives, needles or drugs on me. Word?

To add insult to injury, dude gave me a ticket for hitting a car in a private parking lot. Luckily the magistrate saw the error of his ways and threw the ticket out.

So to act like this stuff doesn't happen every day in America is actually insulting.

Or he's black/Hispanic.

I got pulled over, searched, cuffed, and held in the back of a squad car for absolutely no reason.

:lol: Folk really don't believe that this happens. Like we all got together and decided that we would begin saying that cops were mistreating us.

VA is a different animal too, commonwealth states don't play with speeding (I heard)
everybody tells me to do the speed limit when I pass it on the way to Florida.

You heard right.

VA is nothing to play with.

Money up there needs to do a little research before accusing someone of lying or omitting facts.

Being cuffed is one thing. Dude tried to make it seem like he was 2 seconds away from being thrown in jail for going 10 over the limit.

Zimcoward drives a gray Honda Ridgeline.
How do I know this? His punk a** was pulled over for speeding about 30 miles from where I live.
He got pulled over in Forney, TX, and had a gun in his glove compartment.
The coward asked the cop, "you didn't see my name?"
Link to story
Dont matter aint nobody going to do nothing because they just as cowards as GZ. Look at GZ driving around by himself no security. He is not shook at all....

But let me owe one of you fools $1.60, you guys would be blasting my moms, family and me over that $1.60

Being cuffed is one thing. Dude tried to make it seem like he was 2 seconds away from being thrown in jail for going 10 over the limit.
We obviously don't know the full story, but lets just say buddy was clean (no warrants, valid license, etc.).  You really don't see an issue with police placing someone in handcuffs for a minor, victimless traffic violation such as going 10 mph over the speed limit?

Was the officer who frisked me, questioned whether I had needles, knives or drugs on me and then placed me in the back of his cruiser right too?  Because at that point (being handcuffed, in the back of the car or both), you're physically detained and not free to go.  Seems pretty close to being arrested, but maybe that's just me.  

Back
Top Bottom