R Kelly is a sick and sadistic individual

Kanye, xxxtentecion, Louie ck, da baby the ones I can think of the top
Well clearly millions still listen to Ye. Other dude dead and DaBaby apparently about to bounce back from his cancelling.

Dude just did Summer Jam.

Not sure many will get looked at sideways for those.

Well clearly millions still listen to Ye. Other dude dead and DaBaby apparently about to bounce back from his cancelling.

Dude just did Summer Jam.

Not sure many will get looked at sideways for those.
Have a convo about them in real life. My co worker cannot believe I still listen to ye after he supported trump. even the sunken place kanye thread in general can’t believe people still listen to him after all that. Same for da baby and Louie

I mean I get if its just standard love song stuff and then you find out who the object of his affections are, you can choose to take that into consideration or not. But some of the lyrics in these songs man. Its like hes flaunting the fact that he knows hes wrong and doesnt care. I dont see how you can know what hes done and NOT have it cross your mind listening to some of these lyrics.

Another thing thats crazy is the videos. Dude was filming everything but you dont hear about that. I've heard of so many serial rapists/killers that filmed all their crimes but the videos mysteriously go missing. I think its bigger elements involved in all this stuff.

It comes across my mind anytime I see/hear the dude but I don't think of "THE ACTS" he is singing about being done in little girls while I am hearing his voice.

If I had to put it into words, the scrolling marquee, "Rapist/Pedo" crosses my mind but that is the furthest it goes. It doesn't get anymore graphic than that FOR ME.

Again, I neither actively seek nor avoid R. Kelly content.

Yea im definitely not thinking of the acts, moreso the way hes trying to justify or rationalize his behavior. Its not the explict stuff that gets me, its the seems like you're ready, i dont wanna hurt nobody, i dont see nothing wrong type stuff.

Yea im definitely not thinking of the acts, moreso the way hes trying to justify or rationalize his behavior. Its not the explict stuff that gets me, its the seems like you're ready, i dont wanna hurt nobody, i dont see nothing wrong type stuff.
Unfortunately, enough 90s R&B have some questionable lyrics in regards to younger women/girls.

Music in general, has some genres that are straight up crossing lines with lyrics and themes as far as going after young girls.

But that's not really a surprise given the history of the morality and legality of men getting with teenage girls.

I was as big a fan as anyone. and to me it was the positivity in a lot of his songs, along with the humor. I didn't vibe to a song about making love and ever imagine it was an underage girl or somebody you were taking advantage of. the situation with Aaliyah was a red flag,, but even with "age ain't nothing but a number" my interpretation was never that the girl was underage. just an age gap.

we hear what we want to hear. that's art. there's so many songs we loved as kids but had no clue what they were actually about. there was a recent Twitter thread about "too close" for example...

the other point is that many artists in history have been ****ed in the head. not saying we need to cancel them or not, just that this isn't a unique situation. I would say it's not even rare.

I have mostly stopped listening to r Kelly these past couple years. but I'll occasionally have a night where I play a couple of my old favorites. I don't think any of this is remarkable or noteworthy outside of this thread. I just hope his victims get justice.

There's 2 songs from R Kelly I have on my apple music playlist. "F*** you tonight" with biggie smalls, and "Be Happy" also with biggie smalls. Bump and grind gets an honorable mention.

I mean I get if its just standard love song stuff and then you find out who the object of his affections are, you can choose to take that into consideration or not. But some of the lyrics in these songs man. Its like hes flaunting the fact that he knows hes wrong and doesnt care. I dont see how you can know what hes done and NOT have it cross your mind listening to some of these lyrics.

Another thing thats crazy is the videos. Dude was filming everything but you dont hear about that. I've heard of so many serial rapists/killers that filmed all their crimes but the videos mysteriously go missing. I think its bigger elements involved in all this stuff.
That's not how music works and you know that. Music is highly personal, much more so than any other medium. The reason why I would not change the station or even why I occasionally seek out his music from time to time is that the songs had a profound effect on ME.

I am not thinking about who his writing is directed at when I am listening to "feeling on your booty"- I am thinking about a specific time in my life that makes me feel good/joyful in other words I am thinking about who I was thinking about when I heard the song. When someone asks to not listen to him anymore at a party (this has happened) I will gladly change to another song, a lot more important hills to die on. But I am not going to feel shame when asked that I listen to his music. His R album is one of the best of all time.

Can you give the backstory on this situation?
I was in the woke capital (NYC) when R kelly came on my playlist, I was given a look and told to change the song so I did. It was by a female I was trying to smash for added context :lol:

Last edited:
kellz been cancelled… Scraper ..bottom of the barrel type behavior.
All that money and talent. Somebody on his team should of mollywopped his ***.

Back
Top Bottom