"Racism is as American as baseball"

Screenshot_20200525-085930.png

IMO class is more of an issue than race in 2020. Does racism still exist? Yes.

So Ahmed Aubrey was followed and killed because of his class?

When black people are being mistreated disproportionately by police for social distancing in public settings, it's because they see their class?

The irony in your statement is that black people in nice cars get pulled over at high rates. Sort of dispels the whole little class issue that is pushed. It's a way to downplay it.

So Ahmed Aubrey was followed and killed because of his class?

When black people are being mistreated disproportionately by police for social distancing in public settings, it's because they see their class?

The irony in your statement is that black people in nice cars get pulled over at high rates. Sort of dispels the whole little class issue that is pushed. It's a way to downplay it.
So I said racism exists, I said that in the statement you just quoted.
Im not arguing against what happened to Ahmed. We were speaking in general. How do you know large numbers of black people in nice cars get pulled over more frequently than others? I'm really asking.

What evidence do we have to support your claim? It's an opinion not fact. Gentrification cuz of the cities I've inhabited have been gentrified. Ie. Oakland, San Francisco and NYC.
I didn't make the claim.

You did.

You said Class matters more than Race in 2020.

So I am asking you, who made the claim, to present why you think this is the case.

I didn't make the claim.

You did.

You said Class matters more than Race in 2020.

So I am asking you, who made the claim, to present why you think this is the case.
No one I've come to that conclusion on my own. I live, experience and observe life. Once again it's just an opinion. Trust I've seen plenty of racist ****, have even experienced it.

No one I've come to that conclusion on my own. I live, experience and observe life. Once again it's just an opinion. Trust I've seen plenty of racist ****, have even experienced it.
Sure it is an opinion, and opinions (not facts) are up for discussion.

You haven't said anything other than, "My life."

When you say class matters more, that isn't a statement you are making with just YOU in mind. You are speaking of SOCIETY. So for you to Isolate your own personal experience alone, can you see how that defeats the purpose of it being a SOCIETAL issue?

So again I ask, how do YOU measure how Class outranks Race in SOCIETY?

Give specific examples please.

Y'all arguing with an idiot for what? There's a Doctor posted on this same page that faced racism, and police own stats that they make available show the disparity.

Sure it is an opinion, and opinions (not facts) are up for discussion.

You haven't said anything other than, "My life."

When you say class matters more, that isn't a statement you are making with just YOU in mind. You are speaking of SOCIETY. So for you to Isolate your own personal experience alone, can you see how that defeats the purpose of it being a SOCIETAL issue?

So again I ask, how do YOU measure how Class outranks Race in SOCIETY?

Give specific examples please.
I think both sides only have anectodal evidence. There is no data to support either claim.

Back
Top Bottom