Rajon Rondo 5 yr/$54 million extension

Originally Posted by wttm

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I've always wondered how a player like him would fare on another team. Not like the Lakers, Magic, or another elite team. I reckon he'd suck #####.

I'm glad they locked him long-term and overpaid. They're headed toward another 20-year drought when KG, Ray Allen retire.

my thoughts exactly.

how would he do on a 2nd tier team? without the driving lane he gets from the big 3 when he doesn't have a consistent jumper.

This.

Rondo is playing with legends. That's bold for him to tell off CP3 he'll never win a ring.
To me, he'll fall into the abyss only hoping to obtain the most improved player award once Boston is through this team.
Proven role player (if not with the aid of veteran talent), but not necessarily a marquee player...... yet imo lol.

So you guys aren't willing to admit that he still has great games when the big 3 isn't there playing alongside him...just blind opinions, eh?

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Carmelo is the best scorer in the NBA...
Rondo is a top 5 PG...
Cavs are going to win more than 66 games...

NT never ceases to amaze me during NBA season.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by philly035

Originally Posted by trak1sh

D. Rose better than Rondo?? Thats just being silly
I'd take Rose over Rondo if starting a new team. You can't deny the fact Rondo reaps the benefits of playing with a very deep Celtics team. Put him on the Bulls with a baddie rookie coach and you've got a very good point guard - not a superstar has he's been in the series vs. the bulls.

I hate Rondo. But at 5 years 54 million the Celtics got a heck of a deal. Rondo could have definitely gotten more if he would have waited. He's a great fit for the Celtics team, and his stats are proof of this. I'm surprised he took 54 million after how good he's been playing (he's also young and still has room to improve). The Celtics need him more then 54 million to contend. Celtics got a great price and can now compete for a few more years before the big 3 get too old.
I might take Westbrook over both of them...

westbrook is a SG playing PG. dude's shot selection/ decision making is questionable at times. if you'd take westbrook over rondo, you're losing

Rondo is a top 5 PG...

The first two really aren't that inconceivable. If Carmelo isn't the best scorer in the league, he's damn close. If Rondo isn't a top 5 point,he's damn close. The third one though...yeah, that's not happening.
laugh.gif

Rose is farrrr more inconsistant right now than Rondo, and a wayyy worse defender. Rose will def be better in time, %$#% maybe even by the end of the year, butas of today, Rondo is the better player.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Rose is farrrr more inconsistant right now than Rondo, and a wayyy worse defender. Rose will def be better in time, %$#% maybe even by the end of the year, but as of today, Rondo is the better player.

Pretty much sums it up right there.

And anyone including Arenas in this argument is crazy. Let him try and stay healthy first.

Why is Rose better than Rondo right now?

I mean everyone here would take Rose to start a franchise with but right now at this very second why would I want Rose over Rondo.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Rondo is a top 5 PG...

laugh.gif

everything else is factual....

Is that a real question?

He can score better in every single facet of scoring, he's a better ball-handler and distributor and he's more athletic and in control.

Rondo can rebound the ball better and redirect opposing point guards well enough into Kevin Garnett. Awesome.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Is that a real question?

He can score better in every single facet of scoring, he's a better ball-handler and distributor and he's more athletic and in control.

Rondo can rebound the ball better and redirect opposing point guards well enough into Kevin Garnett. Awesome.
except a mid range jumper....once he gets that....he will be damn near unstoppable...

I mean people can bring up the Derrick Rose argument but it's null and void to me....Rondo just has a better skill set and feel for the game then Rose.Rondo is a better passer and rebounder at this point in their respective careers...but they both have similar knacks in their games...of course being the midrange J!! Both will be solid PG's in the league in upcoming years. PG's that can rebound are assests to any team in the league..

Rondo's a statpadder
grin.gif

Y'all see the game vs the Hornets, Perkins had a breakaway dunk all alone with Rondo under the basket on his knees begging for the ball so he could pass itback for a dime

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

Rondo's a statpadder
grin.gif

Y'all see the game vs the Hornets, Perkins had a breakaway dunk all alone with Rondo under the basket on his knees begging for the ball so he could pass it back for a dime
Reward the big man for running the floor. Basketball 101.

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

Rondo's a statpadder
grin.gif

Y'all see the game vs the Hornets, Perkins had a breakaway dunk all alone with Rondo under the basket on his knees begging for the ball so he could pass it back for a dime

Yeah, because it's such a good idea for Kendrick Perkins to be dribbling the ball in from half court.
indifferent.gif

I almost had a heart attack when he did that.

Is that a real question?

Assuming I believe all of that (which I don't really). This does not change the fact Derrick Rose by everymeasure is a terrible, terrible defensive player. He does not appear to be at all interested in doing anythingother than flotaing around on D and resting his legs.

FACT: when Derrick Rose is on the court the opposing teams FG% increases by 3%
FACT: when Derrick Rose is on the court the Bulls give up 7 more points per 100 possessions.
FACT: Derrick Rose has the 4th worst defensive plus/minus in the entire league last year.

Rondo is pretty much the inverse in of all these categories, last year in the playoffs without KG the Celtics gave up 10 more points per 100 possessions whenRondo was off the court, more important than any other Celtic.

The gap between Rondo and Rose right now offensively is not nearly as big as the gap between them defensively, also let's ignore the fact that Rondo outplayed Rose in the playoffs WITHOUT KG. In the playoff series Rondo put up almost half the turnover rate (13% vs. 21%), triple the steal rate (0.7% vs 3.1%),almost double the assist rate (23% vs 40), all while using slightly less possessions all the while rebounding at the same rate as most power forwards.
eek.gif

Rose may project as a better distributer, or a more prolific scorer, or a better penetrator but right now at this verysecond he isn't that.

Fact: Basketball is a team defense game, and there are about eight players in the league that matter individually.

That is weak logic. C'mon Son!

Back
Top Bottom